Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Charly and Dan have been very reasonable with me. I messed up when I ordered my jacket from them and didn't check the sleeves length. Turned out they were about three inches too short. Spoke to Charly and they agreed to let me send it back and they'll fix it for about 200. Had a mixup with Korean customs and took nearly two months just for them to receive the jacket and once they got it they went ahead and fixed the sleeves for free only charging shipping and I went ahead and paid the customs fee. All that other is still less than what they quoted me.

Heading to the post office today to pick it up. Doubt that's something they'll do on a regular occurrence but being so accommodating like that makes me appreciate them. Plus the leather on the jackets is incredible. Don't mind a price markup if it means having a more dependable service

^Site is live now as well…

http://falcongarmentsco.com/
Kinda pissed off at Falcon.

They rode the TOJ debacle wave, and preyed on the disenchanted customers. They offered a 15% off discount for TOJ costumers, but they jacked up prices (inflation).

They're using the same factories, same cuts...

Nevermind me though, just a jaded TOJ "customer" who got played.
Not your fault, fam. If anything, the blame is squarely at Drew, who revealed himself to be a truly horrible person.

Did you get your $ back?

I've always had a tough time figuring out quality through pictures over the internet. I need to be able to feel the material in my hands and try it on.

Falcon looks really nice though. Can someone fill me in on this TOJ saga?

TOJ is basically Drew Keith starting by making stuff like varsities etc at first to only a few ppl but then word spreads and orders/operations get bigger. After a few years of success, dude decides to go into the restaurant business, which was always a thing he wanted. He actually planned to stop TOJ and took a ******** of 'last call' orders. A lot of ppl order. Note that the stuff is not made in advance so it's basically you pay and then they make it. At the time of the last call orders were a few months of wait time. After the last call, he became more distant (presumably busy with restaurant). However, not many jackets were being made/shipped out. Ppl were getting pissed and someone made a google spreadsheet to track orders made and turns out there's thousands of dollars paid to him but with no jackets received. Drew goes back a few times making posts to calm the masses but in the end stopped replying. There's still many ppl out there with money gone since it was way past paypal chargeback period. Restaurant apparently cut ties with Drew although I'm skeptical of that since theyonly did something after ppl started posting 1 star reviews on their page and it's only their word which i don't trust.

Charly and Dan were basically helping Drew when TOJ was a thing. Dan the operations guy in Korea and Charly more for measurements in the US. Apparently they didn't get paid throughout the whole ordeal. They started Falcon which is pretty much the same factory making the same stuff TOJ offered. I believe they introduced some newer versions of jackets though.  

I ordered from TOJ in the past (way before the last call) and the stuff is good for the price, and considering it was custom measurements that you can tweak. Not sure if i'd order from falcon though. Whole thing is fishy imo. They haven't been paid in like 2 years but they didn't jump ship until the end. Dan supposedly works with Drew at the restaurant (or used to at least) and helped with the TOJ shipping and factory communicaitons but couldn't give ppl the update that nothing was really being made? When they made Falcon the first orders turnaround was like a month and a half give or take with the same factories and ppl so I find it hard to believe he had no idea of what was happening. 

Meermins for $90. I like Grailed sometimes.

Walked into a Harley Davidson retail shop in Midtown today and saw a Schott motorcycle leather. Quality is absolutely superb, just as Adrian mentioned. Hit is a little loose and the jacket is VERY heavy. No padding, but the thing will do it's job.

My issue was that the leather looked wrinkled and not as "clean" as I've seen in pictures. Also, the lapels were shaped a little funny and smaller than I was hoping for. Also, the back of the jacket didn't tail off, so it felt a little short. I'm a pretty built guy and I had to wear a large for it to fit the length of my arms, but the chest seemed small.

Good news was that they had a sale going on and was selling the jacket for $550.

I love slim cargos. (dunno if that's acceptable in here [emoji]128064[/emoji]) Anyways last year I had not 1 but 2 pairs of H&M cargos split on me so for this year I explored other options. It's a brand called G-Star Raw.....prob not that popular but I love the cut and color. With flash on and no flash. Some people compare the brand to Diesel I guess.

omgitswes omgitswes looks good

Last edited:
TOJ is basically Drew Keith starting by making stuff like varsities etc at first to only a few ppl but then word spreads and orders/operations get bigger. After a few years of success, dude decides to go into the restaurant business, which was always a thing he wanted. He actually planned to stop TOJ and took a ******** of 'last call' orders. A lot of ppl order. Note that the stuff is not made in advance so it's basically you pay and then they make it. At the time of the last call orders were a few months of wait time. After the last call, he became more distant (presumably busy with restaurant). However, not many jackets were being made/shipped out. Ppl were getting pissed and someone made a google spreadsheet to track orders made and turns out there's thousands of dollars paid to him but with no jackets received. Drew goes back a few times making posts to calm the masses but in the end stopped replying. There's still many ppl out there with money gone since it was way past paypal chargeback period. Restaurant apparently cut ties with Drew although I'm skeptical of that since theyonly did something after ppl started posting 1 star reviews on their page and it's only their word which i don't trust.

Charly and Dan were basically helping Drew when TOJ was a thing. Dan the operations guy in Korea and Charly more for measurements in the US. Apparently they didn't get paid throughout the whole ordeal. They started Falcon which is pretty much the same factory making the same stuff TOJ offered. I believe they introduced some newer versions of jackets though.  

I ordered from TOJ in the past (way before the last call) and the stuff is good for the price, and considering it was custom measurements that you can tweak. Not sure if i'd order from falcon though. Whole thing is fishy imo. They haven't been paid in like 2 years but they didn't jump ship until the end. Dan supposedly works with Drew at the restaurant (or used to at least) and helped with the TOJ shipping and factory communicaitons but couldn't give ppl the update that nothing was really being made? When they made Falcon the first orders turnaround was like a month and a half give or take with the same factories and ppl so I find it hard to believe he had no idea of what was happening. 

At the end of the day drew took a bunch of orders to fund a resturant and stiffed a few people.

No doubt in my mind the people who started Falcon were in on the TOJ fraud. In fact, I would bet the farm on it.

No doubt in my mind the people who started Falcon were in on the TOJ fraud. In fact, I would bet the farm on it.
It's a bit shady to me too, but given the rather quick turnaround time (2-3 weeks), I guess they're trying to differentiate.

Some dude on SF had a theory that Falcon is just a revived TOJ that Drew is secretly a part of.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom