Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Update on these, went to bend my elbow last week and ripped clean through the darker chambray :sick::smh::lol:. That was legit one of my favorite shirts too. Out of stock in my size on Grana and of course they tried to play me and say that it was natural wear and tear, even though the lighter one of the same exact shirt that I have has been fine. They tried to placate me with a $10 coupon. Oh well. Maybe I'll try Everlane's chambray next.

How old was the shirt? I’ve definitely seen that among coworkers and dress shirts so I don’t think it’s too far off for them to say that comes from natural wear and tear. If you have a coupon and the shirts fit you really well, why not buy again?

How old was the shirt? I’ve definitely seen that among coworkers and dress shirts so I don’t think it’s too far off for them to say that comes from natural wear and tear. If you have a coupon and the shirts fit you really well, why not buy again?
The shirt was about 9 months or so old, always dry cleaned. They're out of stock in my size, and even if they weren't, I'd probably use it as an excuse to try other brands. I still have the same shirt in a lighter color, so that's good at least.

The shirt was about 9 months or so old, always dry cleaned. They're out of stock in my size, and even if they weren't, I'd probably use it as an excuse to try other brands. I still have the same shirt in a lighter color, so that's good at least.
constant dry cleaning can be a culprit here. the chemicals have the potential to weaken the fabric and make it easier to damage the shirt. sorry that you lost a good one nonetheless.

Ah, got it. Btw I can also vouch for their denim, I doubled up and got a few pairs on ice when they went on clearance a couple years ago. Glad I did too because I blew out the crotch on a pair.

constant dry cleaning can be a culprit here. the chemicals have the potential to weaken the fabric and make it easier to damage the shirt. sorry that you lost a good one nonetheless.
Haha yeah, I was thinking it, but didn't want to say it. :lol:

Ah, got it. Btw I can also vouch for their denim, I doubled up and got a few pairs on ice when they went on clearance a couple years ago. Glad I did too because I blew out the crotch on a pair.
Thanks, I think I saw a few pears on sale. May have to try.

I usually wear dress shirt, jeans, and loafers but I wanna switch it up with my shoes. Any recommendations? Im open to anything. Im not sure what will look good in that combo. I was thinking maybe brown chelseas, chukkas, maybe some wingtip boots. Also once in a while I'll throw a blazer in there with my jeans. Just want it to look casual but also very clean

I usually wear dress shirt, jeans, and loafers but I wanna switch it up with my shoes. Any recommendations? Im open to anything. Im not sure what will look good in that combo. I was thinking maybe brown chelseas, chukkas, maybe some wingtip boots. Also once in a while I'll throw a blazer in there with my jeans. Just want it to look casual but also very clean

Chukkas and dress boots are the easy options.

My work rotation is basically just Clarks Desert Boots and Allen Edmonds Higgins Mills boots.

Always wonder about the debate of the undershirt vs white beater or no under shirt.

I have a dress white shirt that is thin...And tattoos on my chest.

What’s the standards? For daytime and evening?

Try the new republic chelsea boots

Always wonder about the debate of the undershirt vs white beater or no under shirt.

Just don’t wear a white undershirt under your white dress shirt. It’ll be very visible.

No undershirt or wife beater.

Looks tacky imo.

No undershirt if I’m wearing a jacket. No to tank tops under plain tees. Other than that, yes to undershirts, I live in a warm climate and this time of year it rains randomly which can make it humid as F. Lost too many nice shirts to sweat stains trying to transition.

Only tank tops under tees. I hate the look of an undershirt under short sleeved shirts. I also wear v-neck undershirts under all of my collared shirts.

I didn’t know Indochino has a stand alone store... I’m in it as we speak. :lol:

0D49EC15-1862-4AD0-9F2D-FC1868080343.jpeg

416EE6FE-8822-4F8F-A9D5-5E67AEC0F10B.jpeg

25A39DAE-A54E-4572-B077-B4788CE6A1D7.jpeg

7C543CAC-BA92-42A1-8900-90F4168A98AC.jpeg

E7E97798-65A0-4A40-9142-143BA0F5CE63.jpeg

Last edited:
Always a white cotton T-shirt under my dress shirts. Keeps me cooler in hot weather. Dress shirts last longer too.

Back
Top Bottom