Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hit an unexpected comeup at Burlington today - found these Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, only pair there and in my boot size (12).

C5641689-1DF4-4B3D-A7C8-F8762A08B973.jpeg

41CA633D-6BEC-4ED5-894A-A6215EF08778.jpeg

My style is still pretty sneakerhead-centric but I figured for the price, I’ll find some occasions to incorporate these into nicer ‘dressing better’ fits.

my AE shoes have been killing my knees as of late. gonna have to start wearing sneakers to the office and changing into dress shoes when i’m there. gotta admit that i’m not looking forward to the suit + sneakers combo

my AE shoes have been killing my knees as of late. gonna have to start wearing sneakers to the office and changing into dress shoes when i’m there. gotta admit that i’m not looking forward to the suit + sneakers combo
What about cole haans or new balance shoes?

I never drive in my shoes, slides or beaters until I get to the office. Can confirm worth the hassle, dress shoes aren’t made for asphalt or gravel lots

I used to have the same problem when I worked in the inner city. Wear sneakers to walk to the office in and then change to your shoes in the office. Your toes, knees, and shoe soles will thank you.

Another option is to get a pair of big bulky comfortable cheap square/huge round toe shoes to wear for heavy duty walking.

^maybe try and get some orthopedic insoles

How far are y’all walking? I couldn’t imagine my shoes hurting me that much.

QU!K QU!K been considering that as well. though i'm not a huge fan of how cole naan's look, tbh

typerpinoy typerpinoy do you know of any good ones worth checking out? i've tried using a gel heel insert, but it only helps but so much.

chucktwnsfinest chucktwnsfinest word. i'm lucky that my office has a carpeted floor since that provides some relief. leather soles don't seem to hold up all too well to asphalt; not enough shock absorption

B Betonblck haha, i think i'm good on the bulky dress shoes. i'm glad that it hasn't spread beyond my knees, even though that's still fair uncomfortable.

jape jape in total i'd say i walk a little over a mile commuting (+ going up and down steps since i take the subway to work), add in lunch breaks outside and post-work shenanigans and it's closer to two a day or so?

thanks for the input fellas, i appreciate the guidance.

Anyone can recommend a nice pair of combat boots??

I saw a nice pair from SLP that got me wanting them now but not trying to spend that much would rather be in the 250-350 range. I was going to check out the meermin store in NYC tomorrow, not sure if it’s worth it

Hit an unexpected comeup at Burlington today - found these Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, only pair there and in my boot size (12).

C5641689-1DF4-4B3D-A7C8-F8762A08B973.jpeg

41CA633D-6BEC-4ED5-894A-A6215EF08778.jpeg

My style is still pretty sneakerhead-centric but I figured for the price, I’ll find some occasions to incorporate these into nicer ‘dressing better’ fits.

that's a ****ing steal

nice!

Back
Top Bottom