Dressing Better Vol 2.0

bro, thats just your phisique, i doubt youll find a shirt that will be nicely fitted all the way through, tees are not cut with a tapered bottom....i honestly dont think it looks bad when a tee is nicely fitted up top and around your arms and loose around the waist.

Can u guys help me out. All my shirts are to small at the upper half of my body but too lose at the lower half idk how to explain it.
Here's the only pic I could find that really shows. Idk what is even going on here, but look how the shirt drapes. It's a large btw. It's to small on the shoulders n arms but huge everywhere else what can I do.

when i worked out i had the same problem... i too would rock the target joints... then i discovered the shirts at urban outfitters... BDG, athletic fit or slim fit... ( something like that).

bro, thats just your phisique, i doubt youll find a shirt that will be nicely fitted all the way through, tees are not cut with a tapered bottom....i honestly dont think it looks bad when a tee is nicely fitted up top and around your arms and loose around the waist.
everlane tees are pretty close to that

when i worked out i had the same problem... i too would rock the target joints... then i discovered the shirts at urban outfitters... BDG, athletic fit or slim fit... ( something like that).
Pretty much what i've discovered is to buy slim/super-slim size up and voila! Amazing silhouette without having to get shirts altered..

Also, buy European, specifically Italian brands.. My H&M and Zara also have quite a bit of v-neck/crew shirts that are tapered in the mid section.

umm. yall might be turned off from the brand, but these structure t-shirts from Sears are pretty great.

they're not european slim, but more athletic fit. the body is nice and slim. the sleeves are pretty nice for showing off your arms (yea I lift brah). shoulders aren't wide/big. they have a lil bit of spandex (3%) to them. they're thick and soft,; definitely not undershirts. give them a try. read the reviews too. They're also available in store if yo wanna try them on. I would recommend ordering your regular size.

http://www.sears.com/structure-men-s-solid-t-shirt/p-041J0021000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

here's the v-neck version. I don't have these..so no opinion.

http://www.sears.com/structure-men-...041VA45813701P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Last edited:
laugh.gif
I was serious. I have a quantitative and systematic way of thinking. There are so many issues that have to be discussed before the blog launches like:

Are we going to just post original stuff and no reblogs? if not, what should the ratio be?

How do we get the name out there?
2 things:

1. Working within the I.T. field and having experience with web development along with having access to a hands-on development team...I can actually help out with the SEO (Search Engine Optimization and Marketing) for the blog...Graphics...Codes....The backend stuff. If you guys are serious, just let me know how you want the layout, the banner, pictures, setup, etc.  Then we can go from there.

Also, I think you guys should do both, Original and Re-blogs....Most fashion blogs are re-bloggers due to the lack of a skilled photographer and time. With Steez being a professional photographer and you, wj4, getting awesome shots from whatever camera, you should want everybody be on the same page. Think about how you want to present yourself in the blog...Iphone camera shots should be at a minimum. Another suggestion would be to come up with a guideline and theme. For instance, just like we do our monthly challenge...Everybody should do something of their own and re-blog it based on the theme. Either change the theme up weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly...One week, Rugged footwear...Another week, Bright Colors, ETC.

Basic concept I see so far is that, the blog will be like The View for styling….

2. As we all know, everybody who post mostly in this thread has great taste in style (Modern, Contemporary, High End, Corporate). Some are similar but different in their own sense. However, I would love to take part on a different type fashion sense of the blog which is urban fashion with a touch of "Dressing Better". For example:

Let me know what you guys think...I would love to help but like someone said, you don't want to over saturate it with too much of the same views or style concept. 

Last edited:
$20 off $100, $50 off $200 on shoes sold from Amazon.com with code SHOE2013

little casual fit, pea coat from Save Khaki which I love, and chukkas from Walk Over, I find myself wearing them everywhere:

Last edited:
Marmour: Thanks for the offer, man. I'm sure we will need it :lol:

The new challenge starting today: Let's go with wearing a single article of clothing for multiple occasion things, what K suggested. EX: wearing a jacket to work, and same jacket out at night and such.

2 things:

2. As we all know, everybody who post mostly in this thread has great taste in style (Modern, Contemporary, High End, Corporate). Some are similar but different in their own sense. However, I would love to take part on a different type fashion sense of the blog which is urban fashion with a touch of "Dressing Better". For example:

Let me know what you guys think...I would love to help but like someone said, you don't want to over saturate it with too much of the same views or style concept. 

This is the type of style I also like and try to incorporate into "dressing better". The only thing I dislike is the big logos, they just hurt my eyes lol. Take them away and personally I don't "tongue pop" and I would like that fit a lot. Just my 2 cents doe. 

I agree that there should be a variety of expertise or something different that can be brought to the table, the way I see it, it can be:

- someone who is really good @ blogging, the writing aspect of it.
- someone who can manage SEO, graphics, HTML, etc
- someone who besides reblogging can provide their own professional style pictures, one thing I noticed about other blogs is their pictures are very clean (btw it doesn't have to be me)
- someone who regularly thrifts, we obviously know who can grab up that spot.
- someone with knowledge on high end branding.

Like stated before "The Collective" has a nice ring to it and just like we've been doing here the weekly challenges should be a norm on the blog, but I encourage all posters to work on presentation, at the end of the day is a picture blog and it needs to be appealing guys, I think it should also have a consulting section where if people need advice or personal styling they can look up by area and maybe hire one of us, also we should list our tailors....last I really feel We shouldn't rush into it, do it right.

I love this fit man

Thanks bro!...I'm getting my Wisith on trying to draw traffic to my blog...lmao

I wish I had the time to take pictures outside like that. It's hard to do it in a packed University Campus where you don't get much privacy. :lol:

I'll start my own blogspot eventually, I could definitely do it now because I'm a great writer but I'd want to back up what I say with my own fits.

I wish I had the time to take pictures outside like that. It's hard to do it in a packed University Campus where you don't get much privacy. :lol:

I'll start my own blogspot eventually, I could definitely do it now because I'm a great writer but I'd want to back up what I say with my own fits.

Well I think someone who can reblogging other articles would be great, as ALOT of other blogs do exactly that, I personally suck at reblogging....I'm pretty much a photographer who likes clothes bro, that's why I like to post my own pictures, I'm a photographer before anything....lol

Thanks bro!...I'm getting my Wisith on trying to draw traffic to my blog...lmao
Hate to be picky, but can you provide the brand you wearing...

I am feeling that coat...

And I am glad you back to doing your thing. Please stick to it.

Hate to be picky, but can you provide the brand you wearing...

I am feeling that coat...

And I am glad you back to doing your thing. Please stick to it.

Which brand?...I listed all the brands I got on in the post bro...I has confused...lol

Well I think someone who can reblogging other articles would be great, as ALOT of other blogs do exactly that, I personally suck at reblogging....I'm pretty much a photographer who likes clothes bro, that's why I like to post my own pictures, I'm a photographer before anything....lol

Me too man. :lol: I love photography, and lord knows I love clothes.

Anyways, here's some DB x Eye Candy for the fellas... and some "Dressing Better" tips for the ladies. :wink:

Hey RFX :wink:

Last edited:
Also I know there is a software bloggers use to mash up different pieces of clothing to create "looks" anyone knows what that is?

Back
Top Bottom