Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Happy Friday everyone!

For those cats into fragrances.. Here are a few cant miss suggestions at a cheap price range

All purpose wear:
Channel platinum egoiste
Channel allure homme and sport
Blue de channel
Ysl l'homme
D&g light blue
D&g one
D&g original
Gucci pour homme II (amazing)
Leau de issey by issey miyake
Versace pour homme
Armani code
Polo black & double black
Prada amber
Dior homme sport

Night time:
Ysl la nuit de l'homme
Paco robanne one million
Rochas man
Angel man pure havane
Angel man pure malt
Givenchy play intense
Jean Paul gautier le male
John varvatos vintage
Viktor Rolf spice bomb
Hannae mori hm
Fendi fan di

Last edited:
thanks guys

wes they are gucci horsebit loafers, didnt you post them couple days ago?

Yup, that's the reason why I asked, just in case they weren't. I'm looking for a pair similar to them at a cheaper price point.

Wes:

About the mrporter contest, how did you know once you've been accepted after you post the pictures and hash tagged?

I submitted this one:

Last edited:
Yup, that's the reason why I asked, just in case they weren't. I'm looking for a pair similar to them at a cheaper price point.

Yeah man I feel that. I would never cop these I'm to poor they were a gift. I haven't seen anyone make suede loafers though.

Wes:

About the mrporter contest, how did you know once you've been accepted after you post the pictures and hash tagged?

I'm about to to nuts on this thing later tonight :lol:

They'll comment on your picture and post a link to your entry.

They'll comment on your picture and post a link to your entry.
Cool, man. Thanks! It doesn't say if its limited to one entry or not :lol:

When does the contest end? I didn't see it when I was scanning the link.

just got back to my place after 5 days in paris with no internet. looks like i have a lot of catching up to do. mad pics coming for you guys later lol

Reactions: wj4
I think Wis mentioned he submitted some pics for the TSB challenge. Anyone else gonna enter this month?

Seems like everyone here is either a Business or Accounting major
close, Marketing/Advertising bachelor degree along with a German Language degree as well. Currently do marketing for General Motors, indirectly since they outsource alot of their jobs now. Pay is not to bad, I am in a Project Management role for Digital Marketing which is what I went to school for. Have a few things in the works that could land me a better gig soon, but if not just keep grinding get that experience up. Alot of people worry about getting your MBA right after your Bachelors, my theory is wait until your like 27-29, work a few years and get an understanding for the field and career you truly want to do and maybe the company will pay for it. Before I graduated from MSU, I did two marketing internship with Verizon Business department was definately a reason I got a job farily quick out of school, advice any and everyone already knows is get that experience before your done with school will benefit you crazy. Im 23 btw.
? Never mind. Had the bright idea to look at your location and got the answer. (Miss State Univ Alum here). GBA degree in Dec. '08; major concentration was marketing with minor concentrations in management and economics. Finished MBA in May '11. Got position as office manager at a small branch of MDOT the following September. I agree with waiting for MBA but when I finished in '08 the job market was awful. It's still not that great but it's better than it was then. Going to start working on a couple certifications later this year and going to learn Spanish too. Hopefully I'll have another gig this time next year.

Last edited:
From SF:
Hate to bring up non-Alden items, but
The Wolverine 744 Ltd.
Horween Cordovan (Beautiful Color) almost a #4
Currently listed in many sizes 30% of regular $750 price
These are not seconds
I think they are $530-$550

I got the 721 last year and the shell was beautiful and since Allen Edmonds makes Wolverine's Shell Offerings, they are made beautifully. With the way that shell is being bought up by the Chinese ( as explained to me by Alden, you probably won't get a first quality boot at this price again)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-1...10?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item2578b4cf42

Electrical Engineer checking in, graduated From University of Michigan's Electrical Engineering school in December and I've been working at the company I interned with over summer. Just like everyone else has already said internships and networking is so important. One thing I've learned is that engineers as a whole are pretty terrible dressers.

I'm on the younger side of the spectrum in this thread(22), but its cool to see the different age ranges of people in here.

Side note, anyone know where to get some decent dark or waxed denim in either mall stores or major chain stores, preferably under $70? Getting tired of the levis/h&m joints.

Electrical Engineer checking in, graduated From University of Michigan's Electrical Engineering school in December and I've been working at the company I interned with over summer. Just like everyone else has already said internships and networking is so important. One thing I've learned is that engineers as a whole are pretty terrible dressers.

I'm on the younger side of the spectrum in this thread(22), but its cool to see the different age ranges of people in here.

Side note, anyone know where to get some decent dark or waxed denim in either mall stores or major chain stores, preferably under $70? Getting tired of the levis/h&m joints.

I have a client in Kansas desperate for Electrical Engineers, they pay great salaries & relocate. If you haven't already, please join LinkedIn, it's skyrocketing with employers proactively recruiting talented members.

Last edited:
Mostly 20's fam in here. I see yall.

I'll be on the wrong side of 25 come August.

Anybody wear a 40 regular? Crew sent me an extra blazer back when I ordered my ludlow (40 short that got tailored anyway).

It wasnt on the receipt so I cant return or exchange it, and it doesn't fit. Doubt it's worth trying to tailor.

It's like a cream color. Probably not worth the trouble to "sell it", just want it to go to someone that will get use out of it,

I do...Jolla at me in the pm

Back
Top Bottom