Dressing Better Vol 2.0

looking to buy s suit/tux for casual event something to much my cole haan air conner boots. the shoes are black with a dark blues inner. looking for comfort over quality. also looking for a hat to go and i want a vest. normally i wear mess levis nothing super tight and polos but getting ready for serious event someone up. also not a fan of ties any suggestions picks would be appreciated or links 

Price from 20$ to 500 I'm really looking to pop tags with the twenty 

Excessive layering but those black dress shoes are awesome, name?
When the temp swings from 30-60 degrees in the same day layering is the only way to go. As for the shoes they are some beater wingtips I got from BR a couple years ago during one of their 40% off deals. I'm surprised they have lasted as long as they have.

looking for a suit.... finally preferably one that would match my cole haan air connor boots black with a nave blue inside. also i live the vest look I'm 62 155lbs fits a 32 and medium or large shirts. i love comfort so comfort over style and something that i could wear just to go out. also a nice hat to match will rep if suits me. 
Give us a price range and we can help u out.

When the temp swings from 30-60 degrees in the same day layering is the only way to go. As for the shoes they are some beater wingtips I got from BR a couple years ago during one of their 40% off deals. I'm surprised they have lasted as long as they have.
oh, imo just looked like too much, but then again I've never been to Europe. But thanks for the info on the shoes.

DB folks, how do you guys feel about Tank tops apart of dressing better?

Dope pics TypeR!

How was Paris? Thinking of a honeymoon spot for me and the fiancee. We're thinking Paris, Italy, Greece, Thailand, Japan, or the Philippines.

Paris was awesome but I would recommend going later in the spring like April or may. It was great because there weren't as many tourists because its not prime season. At the same time we missed out on the grandiosity of the many fountains throughout the city as well as the gardens at Versailles which were just getting prepared to be open at the end of the month.

so no suggestions for the suits thats guys .........
Are you serious? You posted initially an hour ago. We post here because we want to, not because we have to.

To give you an answer:

That's a huge price range. You started at $200 and tripled that at $600.

At around $500-600, I would look at Thick as Thieves (if you're a slimmer guy), on sale Brooks Bros, J. Crew, Suit Supply. If you want something cheap and quick, go to H&M, Zara and the likes.

Not sure what comfort over quality mean. You should try and post in a coherent manner because I only understood about 30% of what you posted originally.

Last edited:
Gonna tough to find a 3 piece in that range. You're really looking at up to $400 on the suit itself since you need to save some for alterations.

30%-50% off of sale price at NE last call outlet. Got a pair of Hudson jeans for $50

because I'm not knowing if my posts are going up I'm new so they're saying checking the post. i said 20$ to 600 dollars yes i am slim i want the vest with a suit and some nice pants to go along and conform meaning it doesn't have to look the best just confy. black and navy blue is the color I'm looking for and pics would be great and if nobody wants to give me advice thats fine just don't be ignorant about me asking a question.

because I'm not knowing if my posts are going up I'm new so they're saying checking the post. i said 20$ to 600 dollars yes i am slim i want the vest with a suit and some nice pants to go along and conform meaning it doesn't have to look the best just confy. black and navy blue is the color I'm looking for and pics would be great and if nobody wants to give me advice thats fine just don't be ignorant about me asking a question.

:lol: No one's being ignorant. Everyone here is respectful as long as it's reciprocated.

not sure that ive even seen a navy 3 piece suit. to be very honest, it sounds like you have no idea what you really want. i would think about it more if i were you. grey or navy are the only 2 colors you should be considering for your first/only suit.

Reactions: wj4
Came down with a cold, feel like crap, took the night of work, we about to head to the inlaws and I'm getting dressed, got some new shirts and my lunargrands, the weather is 55 in NY, you would think I'd want to dress up...ended up in my cargos, hoody, AirMaxes and probably my jean jacket....ain't nobody got time to dress up when sick :lol:

Anyone else felt this way?

Welcome to the DB thread. This isn't like all the other threads on NT; almost like family here. I suggest you go to Macy's or Burlington to find you a suit for a reasonable price being that they're moving out the spring and bringing in the winter. I saw a 3 piece Michael Khors suit with vest (grey) for $90 at Macy's.

Came down with a cold, feel like crap, took the night of work, we about to head to the inlaws and I'm getting dressed, got some new shirts and my lunargrands, the weather is 55 in NY, you would think I'd want to dress up...ended up in my cargos, hoody, AirMaxes and probably my jean jacket....ain't nobody got time to dress up when sick :lol:

Get well, Steezy. I feel you on that. I wear sweatsuits when I'm sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4

this was me all of last week, but still had to go to work. Ended up being tieless all week and kept it simple borderline blah, hence the lack of posts in the blog.

Back
Top Bottom