Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Came down with a cold, feel like crap, took the night of work, we about to head to the inlaws and I'm getting dressed, got some new shirts and my lunargrands, the weather is 55 in NY, you would think I'd want to dress up...ended up in my cargos, hoody, AirMaxes and probably my jean jacket....ain't nobody got time to dress up when sick :lol:

Anyone else felt this way?

I don't really get out of my PJs when sick.

HOw do you guys get your heavy dress coats altered?
I thought the sleeve length should be maybe just long enough to cover the shirt's sleeve, but I've also read that an it should extend an inch over your palm. any tips?

Last edited:
I don't really get out of my PJs when sick.

HOw do you guys get your heavy dress coats altered?
I thought the sleeve length should be maybe just long enough to cover the shirt's sleeve, but I've also read that an it should extend an inch over your palm. any tips?
What do you mean 'heavy dress coats'?

Do you mean top coats, or sports coats/blazers?

No jacket should be covering your palm, that's too lengthy.

Dropped by JCP today and I didn't really see much of the Nick Wooster picks. I was mainly looking for the selvedge denim (which I didn't see) and the polka-dot navy shirt which was actually okay. I might go back and scoop it - I expected it to be one of those cheap collars like H&M's button downs always are, but surprisingly it's not.

Came down with a cold, feel like crap, took the night of work, we about to head to the inlaws and I'm getting dressed, got some new shirts and my lunargrands, the weather is 55 in NY, you would think I'd want to dress up...ended up in my cargos, hoody, AirMaxes and probably my jean jacket....ain't nobody got time to dress up when sick :lol:

lol im in NYC too... you really think its Cargo season already? Especially when you're sick.. its only 55-60 :lol:

because I'm not knowing if my posts are going up I'm new so they're saying checking the post. i said 20$ to 600 dollars yes i am slim i want the vest with a suit and some nice pants to go along and conform meaning it doesn't have to look the best just confy. black and navy blue is the color I'm looking for and pics would be great and if nobody wants to give me advice thats fine just don't be ignorant about me asking a question.

You need to chill newbie. Your response was not because you didn't know if your posts were going through but that nobody was responding to them. You gave some broad details before anyone could really respond.

People are helpful in this thread but not mind readers or miracle workers. Normally I'd be happy to give suggestions but for some dude coming in here with demands? Nah.

anyone cop that red parka from jcp?  thinking of copping

It's ok and by ok I mean just really meh. I saw tried it on the other day, was really underwhelmed by the whole Nick Wooster picks thing. Honestly I'd cop one from h&m before I got the one that's at JCP.

What do you mean 'heavy dress coats'?

Do you mean top coats, or sports coats/blazers?

No jacket should be covering your palm, that's too lengthy.

A chesterfield maybe.
That's what I would think, I was just surprised to read something like this on primemagazine.com, thought I might've missed something.

A chesterfield maybe.
That's what I would think, I was just surprised to read something like this on primemagazine.com, thought I might've missed something.
Not much to alter. Just make sure the shoulders fit correctly. The body shouldn't be slim like a blazer or a suit jacket since it's outerwear. I prefer the sleeves on outerwear to fit normally so no shirt sleeve shown.

Can anyone recommend a pair of red chinos under 100 bucks. I'm going to try on the express photographer and gap lived-in straights tomorrow. Any other brands that I should look out for?

Can anyone recommend a pair of red chinos under 100 bucks. I'm going to try on the express photographer and gap lived-in straights tomorrow. Any other brands that I should look out for?
I'm sure Levi's has some, as well as the much loved Dockers Alpha. Maybe Gap too? I noticed their campaign focusing on bright colors so I think they should have a red one.

Saw a sign at Gap when I walked by. Didn't stop in or read in details though.

There's a cool app called SnipSnap that allows you to search for coupons and display on your phones, not just limited to clothing brands as well.
Thanks this app seems like it'll come in handy eventually

When I'm sick the thought of putting on complex or detailed clothing makes me feel more sick. :lol:

Nice fit Adrian

Last edited:
I'm going to go line up for the 13s in a top hat and overcoat on Saturday :lol:

I'll just say its for my son.

Tomorrows outfit is inspired by Adrian :lol:

from yesterday's snow storm, jersey graced us with an early spring appearance. had to bust out da floral JCP shirt:
Anything good at Menlo?
Sucha bust man. Went there thinking there was 40% off at gap...found out it was only up t.. :smh:
was hoping to scoop some lived in slim khakis for the low

I'm going to go line up for the 13s in a top hat and overcoat on Saturday :lol:

I'll just say its for my son.

Tomorrows outfit is inspired by Adrian :lol:
to industry..haha
and damn Wis, why you gotta outshine me like that bruh? :lol: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom