Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Fellas, I kinda want to get some Jordan 12 and 14 too :lol: how are the prices for those in of colors?

where you at? we're rocking white denim in the dead of winter man
smokin.gif
east coast. Its not a rule to not wear it in the winter, but typicallly ppl save the light stuff for spring/summer. Just expect MEGA promotion for light jeans.....

Also, to the mainstream, they will start rocking jean shorts again. 511 style

And boat shoes never going anywhere. Ppl rock them even in the winter. Ppl love comfort and they aren't bad locking. I'll probably cop another pair this year and some new flip flops

Last edited:
Fellas, I kinda want to get some Jordan 12 and 14 too :lol: how are the prices for those in of colors?

Haha, you're falling back in, nothing wrong with that though. I still have white/cement IIIs, military blue IVs (I can't get rid of either pair though I rarely wear them) and I want to get the grape Vs... I only really like that era of Jordans, I'd wear Is too because of the silhouette but it seems like even those sell out now.

Offer valid on purchases made at jcrewfactory.com from March 13, 2013, 12:01am ET through March 19, 2013, 11:59pm ET only. Offer not valid in J.Crew or J.Crew Factory stores, at jcrew.com or on phone orders. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases or the purchase of gift cards and cannot be redeemed for cash or combined with any other promotion. To redeem, enter code STYLESCORE in the promo code box at checkout. Offer valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Terms of offer are subject to change.

Haha, you're falling back in, nothing wrong with that though. I still have white/cement IIIs, military blue IVs (I can't get rid of either pair though I rarely wear them) and I want to get the grape Vs... I only really like that era of Jordans, I'd wear Is too because of the silhouette but it seems like even those sell out now.
Not really, man. The 12s and 14s were always wanted as a kid. But $150 was a lot of money back then. My first pair of Jordans were the 15s when my mom was able to afford in the 9th grade. Prior to that I was only allowed $100 max on shoes per pair. But the 13, goodness...I used to stare at the Eastbay mags for hours.

I wouldn't pay over retail though. Just a spur of the moment thought.

Last edited:
BOAT SHOES ARE DEAD BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE WEAR THEM NOW AND THINK THEY'RE COOL.

That's the mentality... right?

Didn't know so many people took offense to others saying boat shoes aren't universal wardrobe staples ,but oh well :lol:. Never said they were dead as a whole, just said that unlike other parts of the US, they're just a fashion trend over here where people use them as dress/ "classy" shoes (when they're pretty much just sandals), hence the other dude saying "they've been ran into the ground the past few years". I couldn't care less about who wears them/how they're worn since they're not my style anyway

Last edited:
They were looked at as part of the typical Southern/East Coast douchebag fratboy attire. Even now not too many people wear them here besides the clowns who think they're "dressing up" by putting on a pair with formal outfits
laugh.gif
 i used to think the same thing but then I tried a pair on...realized how comfortable and versatile they (not formal doe) they were and havent looked back since 

Last edited:
^ @TypeR :rofl:

same will be said for light colored jeans soon apparently
Will never happen. Light = spring/summer Dark=Fall/Winter

I will wear light jeans all year round. In any temperature. Light jeans look better than dark jeans. (IMO) I don't care what anyone says. 8)

Didn't know so many people took offense to others saying boat shoes aren't universal wardrobe staples ,but oh well :lol:. Never said they were dead as a whole, just said that unlike other parts of the US, they're just a fashion trend over here where people use them as dress/ "classy" shoes (when they're pretty much just sandals), hence the other dude saying "they've been ran into the ground the past few years". I couldn't care less about who wears them/how they're worn since they're not my style anyway

No offense taken man, I was just joking. :D

I definitely agree with you, I dislike when boat shoes are used as classy/dress shoes. There are exceptions, though. If I was at some kind of formal function near the ocean or on a beach, best believe I'll be in a pair of Sperrys or Abenakis

Last edited:
apparently sarcasm does not translate well over the internet. please provide more DB factoids soon
nope, not so well. If that was your mission, you missed me. And lets keep the thread mature bro, I didn't mean no harm, and they wonder why we have more lurkers than posters in this thread.

apparently sarcasm does not translate well over the internet. please provide more DB factoids soon
nope, not so well. If that was your mission, you missed me. And lets keep the thread mature bro, I didn't mean no harm, and they wonder why we have more lurkers than posters in this thread.

TypeR was just kidding man, I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you. This is one of the friendliest threads on Niketalk man.

The only reason why there are more lurkers than posters is because a lot of people are here for advice or just to learn, while a smaller amount of people contribute to the thread regularly/give advice. That's how I see it anyway

new belt

belt by bjamez20, on Flickr

belt by bjamez20, on Flickr

071 by bjamez20, on Flickr

just treated it with some leather oil, should break in nicely.

BRO, where is that belt from? Can't wait till I lose my belly fat to rock belts like this LOL

That looks great, you know guys can actually make these type of belts on your own for ~20-30$ too if you wanted..I posted mine I did this past summer (Wis did a blog post about the process) its really easy actually and you can dye them any shade (tan, burgundy, black,etc.) you want or keep the natural look....I still have another thicker one thats natural leather color I have to put together :lol: I grabbed everything from Tandy Leather and you just need the tools to make the holes and perform the cuts for the end shape you want...

Back
Top Bottom