Dressing Better Vol 2.0

apparently sarcasm does not translate well over the internet. please provide more DB factoids soon
nope, not so well. If that was your mission, you missed me. And lets keep the thread mature bro, I didn't mean no harm, and they wonder why we have more lurkers than posters in this thread.

"we"? Not that anyone can't be part of this thread but I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Yeah, here are plenty of lurkers but it's amazing to see how many people refer to this thread in other threads yet never post in here, just do so to knock it and it's usually comments that aren't even factual like "tight pants like them dudes in the dressing better thread" or some ****.

Decided to try a Thompson suit with the 30% off I'm kinda nervous but its my 25th birthday next Thursday and I keep trying to force myself to buy a new suit....

Haven't pulled the trigger just yet any suggestions

"we"? Not that anyone can't be part of this thread but I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Yeah, here are plenty of lurkers but it's amazing to see how many people refer to this thread in other threads yet never post in here, just do so to knock it and it's usually comments that aren't even factual like "tight pants like them dudes in the dressing better thread" or some ****.
OK cool, leave it at that, lets STOP and focus on the thread. No more comments

Decided to try a Thompson suit with the 30% off I'm kinda nervous but its my 25th birthday next Thursday and I keep trying to force myself to buy a new suit....

Haven't pulled the trigger just yet any suggestions

The Thompson suit is great for the price at 30% off, I have the charcoal one and while its not the best suit ever but I have zero complaints with it...it looks like it cost much more

Going to purchase the TOJ2013 Varsity, but I'm torn in my decision between a size 52 or a 50.

My body measurements:
Shoulders: 19.5
Chest: 42.5, pit to pit: 21
Midsection: 33
Waist: 32
Front Length: 22.5
Sleeve Length: 24.5
Bicep: 16.5

I'm 5'10'' 174lbs

50: I feel can fit me, on the "slim/snug" side. Shoulders may be a little snug, but I compared the shoulder measurements with one of my favorite fitting shirts, and that shirt has a shoulder with of 18.5, body width of 22.5. Possibility that I can't wear this jacket closed, but I intend on wearing the jacket only in the spring/early-mid Fall.

52: Can definitely fit, but worried about excessive room in the body area

Help me? lol :nerd:

I would go with the 50 man, only because my measurements are a little bigger than yours and I was estimated at a 52. Have you asked Charly?

What color are you going with? There are so many great options I'm not sure what I want to do. :rolleyes

I'm torn between Navy/sand tan and black/black

Last edited:
Going to purchase the TOJ2013 Varsity, but I'm torn in my decision between a size 52 or a 50.

My body measurements:

I'm 5'10'' 174lbs

50: I feel can fit me, on the "slim/snug" side. Shoulders may be a little snug, but I compared the shoulder measurements with one of my favorite fitting shirts, and that shirt has a shoulder with of 18.5, body width of 22.5. Possibility that I can't wear this jacket closed, but I intend on wearing the jacket only in the spring/early-mid Fall.

Chances are both will fit you nicely. I'm thinking the size 50 will be nice with just a t shirt, but not enough to layer under, while the 52 would be able to accommodate that. The con is it may be a bit loose with just a t shirt under.

This kind of jacket isn't supposed to be tight or fitted. It looks better loose.

UNKWN: quick, post a picture of Syhthese's baseball jacket :lol: It's pretty much the ideal fit.

I agree, man. I never knew how many people lurked in here, or how much this thread gets mentioned around in other threads until someone mentioned it. There's probably 15 or so regular posters, that's why the thread is like a brotherhood. Anyone can join as long as they respect others, and don't post nonsense.

NT in general seems so gloomy now, like duds need to keep the stone face at all times and can't laugh. I haven't seen this type of helpfulness in the thread since the early NT days where there were summits.

My body measurements:

I'm 5'10'' 174lbs

Chances are both will fit you nicely. I'm thinking the size 50 will be nice with just a t shirt, but not enough to layer under, while the 52 would be able to accommodate that. The con is it may be a bit loose with just a t shirt under.

This kind of jacket isn't supposed to be tight or fitted. It looks better loose.

UNKWN: quick, post a picture of Syhthese's baseball jacket :lol: It's pretty much the ideal fit.

My dude Synth? :pimp:

How do those dockers alpha khakis fit?

I have a 32" waist and I'm pretty tall (6'2") and I just ordered em in a size 33x32.

How do those dockers alpha khakis fit?

I have a 32" waist and I'm pretty tall (6'2") and I just ordered em in a size 33x32.

Don't own a pair personally and never tried them on but I've seen a few people say that they fit fairly tight, and Dockers in general are usually tight in the waist.

I'd like to say you made the right call but I'm not 100% sure

Do you guys know which stores sell or where to find an army/fatigue style jacket similar to the ones sold at J. Crew, but for under $100?

I know boat shoes have been an East Coast/Southern staple for a while now, but here in Cali it is definitely just part of a trend (for the most part, not saying this applies to everyone who wears them). Up until a few years ago I never saw anyone wearing boat shoes here, except for the extremely annoying preppy type. Now people do too much with them and even think that they're the equivalent of dress shoes :x :lol: Flip flops with shorts in the summer>>>>boat shoes IMO, but I know a lot of East Coasters would think the opposite.

Even though there has been a rise in boat shoes in SoCal the past couple summers, thank god, I don't mind. Flip Flops still rule, and honestly I find that annoying. 99% of Males and 50% of females have ugly *** feet, don't need to see your open toes in places that are not near a body of water.

When I hit the beach/pool and rock my flip flops, people usually tell me I should wear sandals more often 'cause my feet ain't bad. Can't do it, pet peeve, if I'm not near a body of water I'm not rocking flip flops. Boat shoes are very welcome, cover your damn feet.

Even though there has been a rise in boat shoes in SoCal the past couple summers, thank god, I don't mind. Flip Flops still rule, and honestly I find that annoying. 99% of Males and 50% of females have ugly *** feet, don't need to see your open toes in places that are not near a body of water.

When I hit the beach/pool and rock my flip flops, people usually tell me I should wear sandals more often 'cause my feet ain't bad. Can't do it, pet peeve, if I'm not near a body of water I'm not rocking flip flops. Boat shoes are very welcome, cover your damn feet.
It's funny that even the fashionistos dislike sandals. I wear them all the time in the summer to go run errands.

I know what you mean, my man. I just cut my nails and keep them trimmed routinely, but some of these guys....I'm at a lost for words. Like, how do you let your feet look like you did the marathon barefooted. I'm not a person with light stomach or anything. I've seen dead bodies and all, and actually like it. However, I was getting ice cream a while back and I saw this dude next to me in sandals...he crossed his leg, and I saw the toenails...they were Wolverine claws criss-crossed. Finished the ice cream, I did not.

Yea, I wear flip flops in the summer cause I have clean, hairless feet. A lot of people definitely shouldn't :x :lol:

Back
Top Bottom