Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Suit Supply jacket also came in today...fits big :frown:

I can fit about a fist and a half in between when buttoned. Also the sleeves are a tad long. I don't mind investing some money to get the alterations since the shoulders are perfect. However, if they are willing, I wouldn't mind swapping the jacket out with that napoli suit I posted earlier and just pay the difference and whatever alterations there. The jacket cost $399 and the suit is $469. Even if I had to drop $120 on tailoring along with the $70 difference, I'd be looking to spend $200 and finally get my damn navy suit.

(Btw Ced, how did the Napoli fit on you OTR. Did you have to suppress the midsection?)

I called a little after I received the jacket but only got a hold of a rep (instead of the NY store directly, where it shipped out from). They said they were unsure if I can exchange it but they took down my info and said someone will call tomorrow to sort it out. Hopefully they'd be cool. Unfortunately the package did not come with a prepaid return label, and I can only imagine how much it costs to ship the damn thing, so I'd prob end up going to the city if a swap can be had. Cool with me though, I planned on heading up there and do the meet with Serg at SS. This would just speed things up a bit.

Worst case, if I can't swap it, I'm still really happy with the jacket. Material feels lightweight and very comfortable. Bringing it to my guy would probably only run me $70-75 for everything I want done. My preference would be the suit though. We'll see what's up when I get a call back tomorrow though.

check the size of this damn thing!!

Postage costs? #RIP

I got these for my birthday on Sunday. Not a pair that would have caught my eye in a store but I'm very pleased with them. Should be great for summer!

I can fit about a fist and a half in between when buttoned. Also the sleeves are a tad long. I don't mind investing some money to get the alterations since the shoulders are perfect. However, if they are willing, I wouldn't mind swapping the jacket out with that napoli suit I posted earlier and just pay the difference and whatever alterations there. The jacket cost $399 and the suit is $469. Even if I had to drop $120 on tailoring along with the $70 difference, I'd be looking to spend $200 and finally get my damn navy suit.

(Btw Ced, how did the Napoli fit on you OTR. Did you have to suppress the midsection?)

I called a little after I received the jacket but only got a hold of a rep (instead of the NY store directly, where it shipped out from). They said they were unsure if I can exchange it but they took down my info and said someone will call tomorrow to sort it out. Hopefully they'd be cool. Unfortunately the package did not come with a prepaid return label, and I can only imagine how much it costs to ship the damn thing, so I'd prob end up going to the city if a swap can be had. Cool with me though, I planned on heading up there and do the meet with Serg at SS. This would just speed things up a bit.

Worst case, if I can't swap it, I'm still really happy with the jacket. Material feels lightweight and very comfortable. Bringing it to my guy would probably only run me $70-75 for everything I want done. My preference would be the suit though. We'll see what's up when I get a call back tomorrow though.

Postage costs? #RIP

IMO, It doesn't even look big on you.. Im liking that pattern too :pimp:

Last edited:

Postage costs? #RIP

IMO, It doesn't even look big on you..
In that picture, pulled super hard to show how much room is in there. Just being able to fit more that a fist requires the waist to be taken in. Like I said, I can fit about a fist and a half. That suppression alone will cost me $50.

At my sisters graduation. We went to the same high school. I was Best Dressed as a Senior. I'm 24 now tho and I'm trying to change things up.
Was going fora casual "Grown" look

Last edited:
In that picture, pulled super hard to show how much room is in there. Just being able to fit more that a fist requires the waist to be taken in. Like I said, I can fit about a fist and a half. That suppression alone will cost me $50.

I'm still trying to learn how a jacket should properly fit. Can you explain what you were saying again?

IMO, It doesn't even look big on you.. Im liking that pattern too :pimp:
i agree. its not really noticeable until the last ic
I know what you guys are saying, but still, there is more room there then I'd like.

I'm still trying to learn how a jacket should properly fit. Can you explain what you were saying again?
Basically if you can fit your whole fist inside of the jacket when buttoned (in between your midsection and the closure of the jacket) it fits pretty good. Ideally, you do not want anymore room than this. In my case, I have more room in the jacket than just one fist. That is why I would like to get it taken in.

Postage costs? #RIP

I know what you mean about the whole fist in chest thing but I do think the jacket looks pretty damn good. Check your PM Adrian, I sent you the information of the sales guy who helped me when I went last time who was super cool and easy to work with, same dude I told you about hitting up before we go.

anyone familiar with indochino suits? they're traveling through chicago & was thinking about giving it a shot.. i have a wedding to attend later this year in august -- i could also use a suit for interviews as well, something well rounded.

thoughts?

anyone familiar with indochino suits? they're traveling through chicago & was thinking about giving it a shot.. i have a wedding to attend later this year in august -- i could also use a suit for interviews as well, something well rounded.

thoughts?

I've used them, have a brown tweed 3 piece and I'm very happy with it. If you have the traveling tailor I suggest you do go with them as their measurements will likely be more concise than you doing it at home. I had to get my suit remade because of this but was great after the remade. In terms of color, I'd go with a navy suit as it'll look great for a wedding and any interview or job you have...Navy Essential would be my choice. I'll probably end up going with the 3 piece myself soon.

thoughts?

the midnight navy tux i wore to my wedding is indochino. pictures were posted a couple of pages back. no complaints from me, and nothing but compliments from the wifey and all our guests.

It’s On Sale: Common Projects and Margiela Sneakers

Oki Ni is having a spring/ summer sale for customers in the United States and Canada. Take 30% off with the code SUMMER30. The code works on the Common Projects and Maison Martin Margiela sneakers you see above, both of which come out to about $275 after discount. You can then email the store and ask for VAT to be refunded. That’ll knock these down even further, to about $220. Shipping is free.

(These run true to size, from my experience. Also, note that in order to get the code to work, you have to specify your shipping destination to be either the US or Canada).

http://www.oki-ni.com/footwear/

Per Puthison.com

My browser at work is so dated, can't even post pics now, like the icons are gone...are there any keyboard shortcuts to post picture in a reply?

Need some advice from you guysI am getting married in October, I want a light grey suit. I am going to wear a bowtie.Initially, I was going to go to DC and try Suit Supply, but financially, it doesn’t make much sense to spend a few hundred bucks to travel there, get a hotel etc. I’d like to pay less than $600 for the suit ultimately.Ive had my eye on this one below. Im 5-10, about 225 lbs (gonna lose a few lbs before the wedding)What would you do? Would you just order it and have it altered? Would you go to a tailor and get full measurements and send that to Suit Supply?Would you go instore, to Jos Bank and see if they have light grey suits.I’m not really nervous yet, but I don’t want to wait too long to secure my suit.http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...516i/P3516I,en_US,pd.html?start=12&cgid=Suits

Back
Top Bottom