Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Ok guys, I'm sold in the paisley print shirts! What are sone if your rules? Or dos and donts as far as they go?
Paisley is a cool print. I have 2 myself, not sure about 'rules'. I personally don't wear them with busy trousers, but that's about it.

Here's the same shirt being worn in multiple outfits:

2nd pattern:

no joke....white gats were calling me
I thought you were gonna cop for sure, man.

Today:

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested:

Allen Edmonds Clifton

Allen Edmonds Player's Shoe

Lunargrand Chukka

Lunargrand Penny

Will be going on sale at Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale. I am currently extending the offer to pre-sell as I've done in the past for NT.

Follow me on IG @hafiznyc to get updated

Check out this site to see some of the selection: www.nordshoesparamus.com/wp

E-mail me at hafiz.azly(at)nordstrom.com to inquire

I don't check my messages on NT very often, so e-mail or via IG is the best way to reach me.

I have that same sweater,I picked mine up for like 30$ at T.J.Maxx.....Crazy it's still cool enough in NY to rock a sweater..

The weather has been crazy, last week it was between 86-90 and this week it has been down to 40 in the mornings here in upstate NY. Love the shade of gray of the sweater, thanks man!

Hey guys. First post on this account, but I've been on NT awhile. Don't know what happened to my older account. I've been lurking the Dressing Better thread for like ever.

Anyways, I have some pretty cool events I'm looking forward to this summer such as Vegas, and I wanna be fresh like you guys. I already have a couple of ideas, and just have some quick general questions for now. One of my outfits I plan on wearing is white pants, navy bluish blazer (already copped this at H&M), dress shirt (still debating on color and whether to wear a tie), and walnut colored dress shoes. Definitely plan on adding things like a tie bar and pocket square. Also want to buy another watch, perhaps a timex, as well as some other wrist accessories (any ideas?). Another night I'm going to EDC so that's a whole different story, and the other night I'm probably just going to wear this grey suit that I have. I'll talk about that in another post, don't wanna OD on this one.

I know this is such a vague outline, but any thoughts? Such as what colored dress shirt to wear? Also any ideas on where I can and should cop the missing pieces (tie bar, pocket square, walnut colored shoes, white pants, wrist gear) for reasonable prices?

Thank you very much in advance for reading and for any replies to come.

^I'll try to answer some of your other questions when I have more time, but for a tie bar and pocket square check out thetiebar.com
For a shirt I think a light blue or pink might look best but you have a lot of options. Something with a floral or paisley pattern could look cool too in my opinion.

Hey guys. First post on this account, but I've been on NT awhile. Don't know what happened to my older account. I've been lurking the Dressing Better thread for like ever.

Anyways, I have some pretty cool events I'm looking forward to this summer such as Vegas, and I wanna be fresh like you guys. I already have a couple of ideas, and just have some quick general questions for now. One of my outfits I plan on wearing is white pants, navy bluish blazer (already copped this at H&M), dress shirt (still debating on color and whether to wear a tie), and walnut colored dress shoes. Definitely plan on adding things like a tie bar and pocket square. Also want to buy another watch, perhaps a timex, as well as some other wrist accessories (any ideas?). Another night I'm going to EDC so that's a whole different story, and the other night I'm probably just going to wear this grey suit that I have. I'll talk about that in another post, don't wanna OD on this one.

I know this is such a vague outline, but any thoughts? Such as what colored dress shirt to wear? Also any ideas on where I can and should cop the missing pieces (tie bar, pocket square, walnut colored shoes, white pants, wrist gear) for reasonable prices?

For the outfit with white trousers and navy jacket I would look into a shirt with pattern. Something like stripes or gingham would be fine. You can go with bolder print too if that's your thing.

For the gray suit, if you just wanna keep it simple and clean...go with a white or light blue shirt and don't button the top two buttons.

I caught Usher's "You don't have to call" vid today and dang....my thoughts have changed :lol:

When the vid first came out I thought his outfit was super fly, the tee, leather jacket and jeans. I swore the outfit was slim fitting back when I first saw the vid. Probably because everyone was wearing pro cut jerseys still. Now the same outfit looks quite baggy :lol:

I'm on mobile so not sure if the link will display properly but here it is:

Last edited:
How short is TOO short for a suit jacket?

I know it should cover at least half of your butt. I've seen a few jackets I liked that were a tad bit short, but being 5'9" i figured i could get away with it a little bit.

Dressing better... latex gloves and pocket tee fit 8)

I caught Usher's "You don't have to call" vid today and dang....my thoughts have changed :lol:

When the vid first came out I thought his outfit was super fly, the tee, leather jacket and jeans. I swore the outfit was slim fitting back when I first saw the vid. Probably because everyone was wearing pro cut jerseys still. Now the same outfit looks quite baggy :lol:

I'm on mobile so not sure if the link will display properly but here it is:

I was just going through my closet and I found some of my pants from back in 06-07 that I thought were slim and today they would be considered straight up baggy. I know fashion is cyclical but I just can't see people reverting back to that look.

I was just going through my closet and I found some of my pants from back in 06-07 that I thought were slim and today they would be considered straight up baggy. I know fashion is cyclical but I just can't see people reverting back to that look.
:lol: a lot of dudes liked Anchor Blue jeans from Millers Outpost back then.

How short is TOO short for a suit jacket?

I know it should cover at least half of your butt. I've seen a few jackets I liked that were a tad bit short, but being 5'9" i figured i could get away with it a little bit.
I'm around your height and my jackets cover 3/4 of my rear except for my cropped Thom blazer.

White pants - I would try H&M, Zara, Gap and Express

Tie bar/Tie/Pocket Square - http://www.thetiebar.com

Walnut colored dress shoes - For a cheaper pair, I would try looking on eBay or thrifting. I also know that people in this thread have recommended JCPenney's Stafford line as recently as this winter for a cheap pair of dress shoes but I'm not sure what their current selection is like. Also, keep an eye out for places like Bloomingdales, Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, etc because they're having a lot of sales so you can stack on some discounts.

Nordstrom @ GSP NJ has there June half-yearly sale on 6/14.

However preview is available now.

Strong username to avy ratio.

Typically the Anniversary sale in July >>>>>> the Men's Half-yearly sale, correct? Or are they commensurate?

Coleworld123 is grab a few different colors and decide on that day. I'm getting my ties from thetiebar also. My wedding is in exactly 3 weeks!

Back
Top Bottom