Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^^^it all depends on how you wear it. I think some browns
Look better than others when wearing black

has anyone gotten their suit jackets altered? how much is it usually? i called a local place and they said it was about a 100 to do the altering. is that average?

also if anyone in NYC(brooklyn) has any recommendations on a place to alter their suit jackets (not too pricy) please let me know.

Last edited:
has anyone gotten their suit jackets altered? how much is it usually? i called a local place and they said it was about a 100 to do the altering. is that average?

Depends what needs to be done to the jacket. $100 is a lot unless the sleeves are being adjusted from the shoulders, which is insanely difficult and I wouldn't trust just any tailor do it.

Last edited:
So I had a leather Dooney and Bourke wallet that went through the washer with some shorts, the gloss finish is gone but otherwise the wallet is fine though stiff. What should I do to get it back towards normal :\

Leather conditioner would be the first thing I'd try, that should soften it up and put a bit of sheen back to it.

I'm currently looking at persol 714's and 649's on ebay and i see that most are being sold for below retail and all are claiming to be 100% authentic. Just wondering if they really are legit? anyone care to share some info or thoughts on these? thanks
just make sure the seller is legit and youre good to go

I'm currently looking at persol 714's and 649's on ebay and i see that most are being sold for below retail and all are claiming to be 100% authentic. Just wondering if they really are legit? anyone care to share some info or thoughts on these? thanks

I recently purchased some 714 (the folding sunglasses) from this seller on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/theaspecs4u/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

He says they are authentic- but who knows. After I received them they definitely seem legit. The folding mechanism is very solid- much like the ones I tried out at sunglass hut. I would assume if they were fake the hinges would be cheap and flimsy. Regardless I'll never know the difference.

EDIT: Guess my post count has reset back to 1...

Last edited:
ignore the shirt. i just put it on for the picture.

this was my first time with a tailor. how'd it turn out?

2a4tgfb.jpg

^What did you have done? Overall looks pretty good. The shoulders are a hair too long for me. The length of the jacket's sleeve is on the money though. You'll still look better than 90% of the people in suits in real life :smile:

^had him fix the right sleeve. take in the back and take in the sides.

on the pants i had them tapered and the thighs and legs taken in also and a bit in the waist.

Agreed with the shoulders being too wide although the lapels looks like it is already getting some pull, next time try a size smaller and see how that works/fits.

I agree, that's a reallly tough color to rock but I don't think it looks bad here. Props to you for wearing such a bright color though, I don't think I'd be willing to do that just yet :lol: ....I think a dull red or salmon color would've worked really well too like Grizzlyboy said, but the fit of the pants and shirt is on point though which is what matters most...color is more preference
If 514s are too tight then the 521s will be too, the only real difference is the taper below the knee, the thigh area feels the same to me pretty much in 514s and 521s. If they're too tight tho you might wanna look at the 505s they're more of a straight fit

You're too big for both of these styles. Don't want to say you're fat, but if you are, shed some lb's it truly goes a long way.
You can try 559's, they will be huge below the knee so you might need to look for a good tailor in your area that will taper a pair.

thanks guys, ill stay away from them and give the 505s a try.
im not fat, just bigger. 6'5 so the sizing is a big problem plus my mom "blessed" me w/ wide hips, waist is a 35. i have a pair of 559s and like the fit through the thigh, but like you said they are horrible below the knee.

This is mALiZ btw....
I just copped these two joints to add to my sweater collection. Already have a SNS Stark sweater and quality is top notch.

CLOSE UP OF DESIGN, SUBTLE YET UNIQUE AND ELEGANT

Check this site out you have to sign up though (for free). Quality is good for the price. They have more color BTW
https://www.everlane.com/i/jdaed8
This was my temp account btw.....

But I finally got these in the mail. Preparing winter (in Texas lol). Definitely feeling the new FW collections I've been seeing (W+H, SNS, JCrew especially). Went to the JCrew out here to see if I can find any steals and didn't find much. Picked up a Heathered Black Workshirt, Chino Shorts, two shades of Orange tee :smile:smokin) and got my girl a few things.

Im on the hunt for a burnt or heathered orange cardigan tho..Or orange buttonup.

And what do you guys think of the LunarGrand Wingtips??

so i bought this photographer suit from express in a 36R: http://www.express.com/cotton-sateen-photographer-suit-jacket-43014-813/index.pro

the length is perfect but everything else is slightly too big. i want to get it altered but i feel like there would be too much done to the jacket itself. should i just return it?

heres a pic of me wearing it (please ignore my shorts, its a hot day in NYC)

[URL=http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrgkdu.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrgkdu.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]
[/quote]
Return it. Shoulders are too big. Additionally, the arms are too full, need to shorten the sleeves, and compress the waist.

Damn I never did get through the first thread :lol: :smh: Guess I'll check this out and keep that tab open on ST for a while.

Last edited:
Return it. Shoulders are too big. Additionally, the arms are too full, need to shorten the sleeves, and compress the waist.
yeah thats what i was thinking as well. honestly, this was the best fit jacket i've ever bought that was not customized. i think with my body type, the only way that i'll find a nice fitting suit is to get it customized, which would be about 3 times the price i would pay for one off the rack
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Hey_

Would anyone happen to know if Uniqlo is currently carrying their "Washed Cotton Jacket" in navy?

Julius F. Wrek

Back
Top Bottom