Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think he meant dude makes half a mil a year but still goes thrift shopping for deals and to flip. At least that is how I read it.
Nah, dude. Spoo is a well known thrifter. He has a team working for him. They thrift in multiple states. He also has a consignment shop so if you want to sell say, a Hermes scarf from the 70s, you'd holler at him. There was an article published a while back that talked about how much income was generated from this.

These guys on CM are true masters though. From a label, they can tell you what era the article of clothing it's from. It's not as easy as going in and look for high end fashion brands because if it was, everyone would be doing it.

EDIT: He grosses $500k, it's not net. Here's the story from a while back: http://www.americanwaymag.com/ethan-ransom-connor-higgins-business-more

Today:

Last edited:
Guys, if you ever thought I was on some isn, you're crazy wrong. After spending time going through SF's thrifting thread, I realized that I don't know what in the hell I am doing thrift wise. These guys put me to shame.

Spoo to say the least is a master. Check this article out:
http://putthison.com/post/50734622318/the-man-who-thrifted-a-ferrari-whod-have-thought
He explains how he used his thrifting profits to buy himself this little diddy. :pimp:

Last edited:
Wow, eff SF's thrift thread. I was asking if anyone could ID the berluti's I picked up or could give me an idea of their value. No one responded so I quoted myself and asked again. Finally someone took a picture from my eBay listing that displayed a deeper scratch and responded "With this......probably not a whole lot.". When I asked if they could put a number to that I got responses like:

"Here's what I would do, put them on ebay, start it at .99 and see what it brings...then you can let us all know since you don't like any of the answers."
"Troll?"
"I'll take them off your hands for a $100 disposal fee."
"7"

...the only answer I received prior to asking again was no responses at all and "With this......probably not a whole lot." Wtf? Thanks for all your input though fellas.

*end rant*

That's what you get for posting in MC. It's a bunch of 50-60+ year old dudes who think they rule the world.

That's what you get for posting in MC. It's a bunch of 50-60+ year old dudes who think they rule the world.
:lol: Hey hey hey. I met some great older dudes who schooled me on various subjects. The best aspect from SF to me is to talk about career growth with more seasoned guys, not even about clothes.

:lol: Hey hey hey. I met some great older dudes who schooled me on various subjects. The best aspect from SF to me is to talk about career growth with more seasoned guys, not even about clothes.

There's definitely a lot of knowledgeable guys on there that can be helpful. However, my original statement still stands. :lol:

I stay on the SW&D side anyway. :smile:

Last edited:

There's definitely a lot of knowledgeable guys on there that can be helpful. However, my original statement still stands. :lol:

I cannot decipher what this means..
What's SW&D/MC stand for? Direct me please and thank you.

SF is broken down into two sections...one for the younger crowd in SWD (Streetwear & Denim), and the older gents in Classical Menswear (CM), formerly known as Men's Corner (MC).

Last edited:
These are nice patterns...

more info on these? :nerd:

I basically only stay in the Epaulet thread. Too many 5'4'' 110 lbs undergrads who are socially awkward with smart mouths.

Pick your poison when it comes to it :lol:

Last edited:
Hey_

Streetwear and Denim, Menswear Classics/Classic Menswear.

Julius F. Wrek

Repost. From the original tread.

Hey guys, after 4 years of grinding and working my butt off my graduation finally is coming up and I need some advice on what to wear. So the cap and gown is black and the sash is blue. Weather is going to be very hot being in Cali. Just need some suggestions. Thanks

Repost. From the original tread.

Hey guys, after 4 years of grinding and working my butt off my graduation finally is coming up and I need some advice on what to wear. So the cap and gown is black and the sash is blue. Weather is going to be very hot being in Cali. Just need some suggestions. Thanks
I just wore a dress shirt, tie, and chinos to my undergrad ceremony. For my grad, I wore the same get up but had a bowtie on...didn't even stayed for the ceremony :lol: took pics with friends and professors and left for dinner.

You can't go wrong with a white shirt, either navy, khaki, or gray trousers or chinos. You can throw some pattern on the tie if you want, stripes of nearly any color combo should be fine with those colors.

More importantly, congrats!

Last edited:
My suit from express came in yesterday. I've read that a dress shirt's sleeve should show about an inch past the end of the blazer's sleeve. Since the sleeves end right at the bottom of my wrist, I'm guessing I shouldn't get them shorten by an inch?
Also, I'm sure I need to get the pants shortened too. Anything else y'all would do?

Back
Top Bottom