Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Interview then a late day at the office today:

Oh and btw...it is FINALLY complete:

8)

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to be able to do this. I'd save so much more money I could find a suit and slightly get them tailored.

I've been searching far and wide the past 3 years for suits with athletic builds. I've had no luck. The closets I've ever gotten to buying OTR was from Versace. For some reason, their 40s fits me on the shoulders and chest perfectly. Usually there would be some pull at the lapel area, but it went straight down. I also had enough room in the bicep area, this is where I also have some problems.

It went all downhill when i tried on the pants. :smh: at me for having a big butt and a well developed lower body.

Where is that suit from Pinoy?
Not slightly in the least man.
This suit is Kenneth Cole from Burlington coat factory. Cost me $110 then I tapered forearm, shortened sleeve, hemmed and tapered pants. Few months later I took in the waist and tapered the rest of the arm. Finally just last week, I adjusted the seat and rest of the pants and slimmed from an 8" opening to a 7". All in all, I spent around $180ish on alterations over the course of a year and a half. FINALLY fully happy with the results :D

Yo A! What were you interviewing for?
Accounts Receivable position with SHI international. Should hear back next week along with another place I interviewed at months ago (they've been transitioning into one consolidated office and has been holding off on hiring until that's complete). If I land the latter, I will beyond excited. Over double what I currently make and with an accounting firm I actually really want to be apart of (Eisner Amper).
*fingers crossed*

Interview then a late day at the office today:

Oh and btw...it is FINALLY complete:

8)

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to be able to do this. I'd save so much more money if I could find a suit and slightly get them tailored.

I've been searching far and wide the past 3 years for suits with athletic builds. I've had no luck. The closets I've ever gotten to buying OTR was from Versace. For some reason, their 40s fits me on the shoulders and chest perfectly. Usually there would be some pull at the lapel area, but it went straight down. I also had enough room in the bicep area, this is where I also have some problems.

It went all downhill when i tried on the pants. :smh: at me for having a big butt and a well developed lower body.

When I first tried getting OTR, I went up to a 42s, but it left way too much room in the chest/torso area. If I got the back tapered, the lapels would've pulled up as well.

For whatever reason, the shape of Versace jackets fit me so well. All of mine are some of my favorites.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to be able to do this. I'd save so much more money if I could find a suit and slightly get them tailored.

When I first tried getting OTR, I went up to a 42s, but it left way too much room in the chest/torso area. If I got the back tapered, the lapels would've pulled up as well.

Why not get a made to measure or bespoke suit?

A rare Nii sighting.

Hope all is well. Nice as usual.

You still updating your blog?

Just did today. Have fallen quite a bit with it. I see the thread is still going strong. Respect to all the regular contributors!!

Nii hope all is well u were one of my style inspirations during the original thread hope all is well..

Is that first picture at a tradtional wedding? I remember u were of Ghanaian decent if I remember right? I'm an Igbo boy and recognize the headwrap in the back.

Thanks man - things are good and hope you are staying up too. It was both ... they had the traditional marriage in the morning and the christian wedding in the afternoon. Thats why i tried to blend the print shirt with the suit ... lol.

Nii I'm supposed to hit Naija in December-July/ Aug I'm hoping that I can pick up alot of traditional themed colored shirts you have any experience with it?

If you have the product # (or even just the jacket product #, I think they can match the pants #), call customer service and they can try to locate them in stores and have them shipped to you for free.

Being frugal on this one, don't want to pay retail ($195), even though the jacket was scooped for $58. If I like the fit of the jacket, I might cave and get the pants.

JCrew was able to locate that ludlow in a 42R for me, so I am getting in.. now I just need to hunt down the matching pants.. any help :nerd:

I should of definitely just ordered the bottoms and returned if I didnt get the blazer :nerd:

VERY Good news. As I mentioned earlier, I got the jacket; just got off the phone with JCrew and they found a matching pants in stock. I was able to talk the lady into applying the 40% off coupon on the pants even though it wasn't on sale. So the pants came out to $135 and jacket was $54... hopefully everything fits on point :smokin

My biggest concern is the jacket though.. First time wearing a ludlow, hopefully the 42R fits good.

Last edited:
VERY Good news. I so i got the jacket, just got off the phone with JCrew and they found a matching pants in stock. I was able to talk the lady into applying for the 40% off coupon on the pants even though it was on sale. So the pants came out to $135 and jacket was $54... hopefully everything fits on point :smokin

:wow:

*Gets on the phone*

VERY Good news. I so i got the jacket, just got off the phone with JCrew and they found a matching pants in stock. I was able to talk the lady into applying for the 40% off coupon on the pants even though it was on sale. So the pants came out to $135 and jacket was $54... hopefully everything fits on point :smokin

:wow:

*Gets on the phone*

:rofl: :wow: nice work by you...I need to give this a shot

I would have to agree, Gaps fit way better than Levi's. Nice sale but its too damn hot for me to be buying jackets. Sitting on a few APC's I need to take back.

That's how you do it to get good deals. I bought a white leather jacket this summer and it hasn't seen the light of day yet and it'll be a while before I can wear it. I actually been wanting to wear it already since it's calf and needs plenty of wear to be broken in but I digress. Best time to get good deals are on off-season items.

I would have to agree, Gaps fit way better than Levi's. Nice sale but its too damn hot for me to be buying jackets. Sitting on a few APC's I need to take back.

That's how you do it to get good deals. I bought a white leather jacket this summer and it hasn't seen the light of day yet and it'll be a while before I can wear it. I actually been wanting to wear it already since it's calf and needs plenty of wear to be broken in but I digress. Best time to get good deals are on off-season items.

Yeah I know but its only a GAP denim jacket. They are on sale quite frequently. It may not be until black friday when its cool enough to wear it.

So no more denim suggestions, :frown:. Would really like to avoid the denim thread, :lol:

Say I go the APC route, what silhouette would be comparable to 521/508's?

Last edited:
So no more denim suggestions, :frown:. Would really like to avoid the denim thread, :lol:

Say I go the APC route, what silhouette would be comparable to 521/508's?
I'm not familiar with either of those Levi's but if you go APC, try New Standard. Anything else would be too slim for your build. Also try Naked and Famous. I think the Weird Guy may work for you. Pretty sure Skinny Guy will be too tight for you.

I'm not familiar with either of those Levi's but if you go APC, try New Standard. Anything else would be too slim for your build. Also try Naked and Famous. I think the Weird Guy may work for you. Pretty sure Skinny Guy will be too tight for you.

I'll give those a shot, thanks.

On sale for $96 on Nordstroms, retail is $150, so I'm going to assume it's a good price. Going outside my Levi's comfort zone, :lol:

Back
Top Bottom