Dressing Better Vol 2.0

thought this was hilarious....and i too own that damn shirt lol

http://instagram.com/thatjcrewginghamshirt
Welp, time to dispose of this shirt
mean.gif

Earlier this year, I was wearing the J.Crew navy/gray buffalo plaid oxford from last season to the movies and I was one of three people in line for tickets with the same shirt on. Needless to say, that shirt was disposed of also. I try not to buy any patterned shirts from J.Crew anymore for this exact reason.

Last edited:
A group of friends and I went wine tasting and 2 of them wore similar jcrew shirts. Next day at lunch I wore my jcrew chambray shirt and my friend wore the same shirt. I'm going to wear plain sweaters from now on.

Two very happy clients. What are your thoughts here guys? Keep in mind, these aren'e me, I simply helped these gentleman decide on an overall fit that was both comfortable for them, fit well and was appropriate for the occasion and their taste. So any "You should change this or that isn't helpful". Letting me know what you would have changed, or done different would be helpful. Both guys were happy with these iterations, I felt like they fit well, and any further modifications would be subjective at this point. They both chose to stick with what we had.

Both suits are half canvassed, fully customized dimensions. First is oxford stitch grey wool :smokin. Second is beige with light blue windowpane.

Works at Non Prof, chose this suit for wedding. Wanted something modern, but not super trendy

Lawyer - will use this for work - Prefers more traditional cut overall

Welp, time to dispose of this shirt :smh:

Earlier this year, I was wearing the J.Crew navy/gray buffalo plaid oxford from last season to the movies and I was one of three people in line for tickets with the same shirt on. Needless to say, that shirt was disposed of also. I try not to buy any patterned shirts from J.Crew anymore for this exact reason.

I think every "DB" male has this shirt (which includes me) or something 99% close to it :lol: It's pretty much the white shirt of patterned shirts

Last edited:
Anyone know some good places to shop at in Chinatown, DC? Going over there come Sunday to get some more essentials.

^work near chinatown and never heard of it as a spot to shop for clothes, its basically just Verizon center and bunch of touristy bars and restaurants

Not sayin there aren't spots but don't think its known for it

Last edited:
Two very happy clients. What are your thoughts here guys? Keep in mind, these aren'e me, I simply helped these gentleman decide on an overall fit that was both comfortable for them, fit well and was appropriate for the occasion and their taste. So any "You should change this or that isn't helpful". Letting me know what you would have changed, or done different would be helpful. Both guys were happy with these iterations, I felt like they fit well, and any further modifications would be subjective at this point. They both chose to stick with what we had.

Both suits are half canvassed, fully customized dimensions. First is oxford stitch grey wool :smokin. Second is beige with light blue windowpane.

Works at Non Prof, chose this suit for wedding. Wanted something modern, but not super trendy

Lawyer - will use this for work - Prefers more traditional cut overall

Both look really good. The only thing I would have changed if it were for me, on the first suit is gone with traditional lapel size like on the second suit. However, like you said he wanted something modern, so it works well.

I think every "DB" male has this shirt (which includes me) or something 99% close to it
laugh.gif
It's pretty much the white shirt of patterned shirts
Although I agree with you, no amount of reasoning is going to nurture those feels you get when you come across someone in the same room as you wearing the same exact shirt as you
laugh.gif

Both look really good. The only thing I would have changed if it were for me, on the first suit is gone with traditional lapel size like on the second suit. However, like you said he wanted something modern, so it works well.

Yeah I hear ya. I think aesthetically we went with slim fit all around. And he's a super slim guy so it's fitting. Generally we change lapel size with body shape unless the client has a specific request, but this guy in particular requested a slimmer lapel than we would have otherwise given him.

Heavily contemplating on buying some cp Achilles from nordstrom. Comes out to 188 after using gift cards. Is it worth getting for that price (thinking of gift cards as coupons) or am I better off getting something else?

Heavily contemplating on buying some cp Achilles from nordstrom. Comes out to 188 after using gift cards. Is it worth getting for that price (thinking of gift cards as coupons) or am I better off getting something else?
WAYMENT.

Nordstrom has CP?! (Btw yes, that's a great price. Cop)

Yup they're not online yet but select locations have them in stock. Know the one at south coast plaza has them for those interested and in the area

A group of friends and I went wine tasting and 2 of them wore similar jcrew shirts. Next day at lunch I wore my jcrew chambray shirt and my friend wore the same shirt. I'm going to wear plain sweaters from now on.

everyone shops at Jcrew/zara/HM! that must have been frustrating lol. U got to make ur own label, start ur own line..then no one will dress like u..exclusive

everyone shops at Jcrew/zara/HM! that must have been frustrating lol. U got to make ur own label, start ur own line..then no one will dress like u..exclusive

Marshalls

Sup dudes.

Long time no post. While cleaning out my t shirt closet, I found some new in bag slim fit t shirts from J. Crew in size small I bought a year or two back. Alas, I've gotten bigger since so they no longer fit me. They are too cheap to sell and ship. If anyone in the greater LA area wants some, and will actually wear them, drop me a PM. Must be willing to pick up around my house in the San Fernando Valley.

Back
Top Bottom