Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Went to meet up with a bud today in Northridge. I was clueless the store had open already. Several great offerings there including $20 denim. Quality feels a lot better than H and M. Great stuff for those on a budget and need basics.

I have one pair of Margiela low left. It's a navy striped joint in 42 EU. I just want to clear space. $140 shipped to Con USA for DBNT.

Sold a lot in the last 2 weeks but also bought several pairs of boots and shoes :lol: Only keeping 2 pairs of sneakers.

Which sneakers did you end up keeping?

Which sneakers did you end up keeping?
My Prada and Epaulet GATs. Both repulsive to most folks :lol: I used to do menswear at work, and sneakers on the weekends. But with the new job, I just wear raw denim and flyknits to work for the most part now so I try to do somewhat menswear on the weekends.

A couple of cops this month. One pair is en route. Will probably buy two more pairs next week.

Had a hard time finding a decent single monkstrap on a nice last until I got this.

I'm going to do a custom purple leather/purple suede balmoral boot sooner or later. Dip Set :pimp: Same model as this. Colors are bad, but black leather and navy suede.

Both are Alfred Sargent if anyone wonders.

I have a question regarding oxfords. Should cap-toe oxfords only be worn with suits or could they worn with your everyday business attire (dress shirt + slacks)? Also, what type of oxfords would you guys recommend that go well with just a dress shirt and slacks for everyday wear?

I have a question regarding oxfords. Should cap-toe oxfords only be worn with suits or could they worn with your everyday business attire (dress shirt + slacks)? Also, what type of oxfords would you guys recommend that go well with just a dress shirt and slacks for everyday wear?
Captoe oxfords are on the more formal side. It would still work with just trousers though. I personally wouldn't wear them with chinos or jeans. However, I don't mind wearing more bulky derbies with suits and trousers.

How much you wanna spend? I personally wouldn't go below Allen Edmonds.

With a suit:

With just trousers and dress shirt: http://38.media.tumblr.com/fedd697cf7bfa0e8a96208af286dfd87/tumblr_mrlrqrXsju1rux7jzo1_1280.png

Mine are Crockett & Jones if wondering.

any db related halloween costumes this year? got this pin from work the other day and might go the grand budapest route. if not, really like the pixar paper planes idea

on a side note, think A could pull off being zero, the lobby boy :lol:

Last edited:
Nice pick up wj4 wj4

I've never dressed up for Halloween, but I've always thought this was cool--

I have the same haircut that Tom Cruise had in the movie, so I could possibly pull it off :lol:

Last edited:
Just wear a suit and pretend to be one of the casting members from Great Gatsby :lol:

I thought about using an haz-mat suit from work and smearing red paint on it to mimic blood, and rolling with my friends as zombies. Caveat is that the suit is really heavy.

Anybody here wear casual loafers often. Tired of rocking boat shoes all the time and wanna invest in a pair of loafers, casual enough to be worn w/out socks and with shorts. $250 is my max. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody here wear casual loafers often. Tired of rocking boat shoes all the time and wanna invest in a pair of loafers, casual enough to be worn w/out socks and with shorts. $250 is my max. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

www.shoebank.com

Plug in your size, see what you like.

Personally, I'd go with these (this link to a sz 10D, I have no clue what your size is so I searched my own)

http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=4913S&DIM=D&SIZE=100
http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=4912S&DIM=D&SIZE=100
http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=4812S&DIM=D&SIZE=100
http://shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=1190S&DIM=D&SIZE=100

I would have went with black chelsea boots, but nice fit regardless. Info on pants and tshirt :nerd:

Also, whats a good color tie if i'm wearing navy pants and a black shirt?

Last edited:
I would have went with black chelsea boots, but nice fit regardless. Info on pants and tshirt :nerd:

Also, whats a good color tie if i'm wearing navy pants and a black shirt?
Don't got black but I was still quite happy with brown suede.

As for clothing info, all in my tumblr post. Tee is Reign & Storm elongated joint and jeans are Naked & Famous.

As for navy pants, scrap the black shirt. Rock a white one and wear whatever tie you want.

For anyone thinking of getting the John Elliot hoody that's part of the Gap collection, I suggest going a size up. It was pretty tight when I tried on my usual size. And if you've ever been to a Gap, the material/quality is the same as their "Lived In" hoodies. Not so great, but for the price, I guess it's fine.

And most of the En Noir stuff is trash. Material/quality wise.

For anyone thinking of getting the John Elliot hoody that's part of the Gap collection, I suggest going a size up. It was pretty tight when I tried on my usual size. And if you've ever been to a Gap, the material/quality is the same as their "Lived In" hoodies. Not so great, but for the price, I guess it's fine.

And most of the En Noir stuff is trash. Material/quality wise.

Where you try the stuff on? :nerd:

And how do the JE jeans fit?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom