Dressing Better Vol 2.0

last year we used the 40% off promo to cop the JE stuff. Currently trying to make this damb 40 code work again lol

Let us know if you have any luck. The "GO" code isn't working
they were smart enough to put it on the exclusions disclaimer this time around lol.

none of this stuff is worth it at face value right now 

Iirc, this has happened in every collab they had a 40 sale that ended the day before the collabs dropped. Then another 40 sale dropped after the collabs sat for a week or 2 thrn they dropped another 40.

reading other forums that had dedicated gapxgq threads confirm

Last edited:
Iirc, this has happened in every collab they had a 40 sale that ended the day before the collabs dropped. Then another 40 sale dropped after the collabs sat for a week or 2 thrn they dropped another 40.

nah last year, I Ate off a 40 the coincided with an earlier drop of the collab. everyone feasted bc the gq stuff dropped early.

agan for this year, the drop is early (10/2). only thing new is that the code isn't around.  Im fairly sure that these will all make it to discount.

was able to make some pennies from the JE stuff last year (hoody and crewneck were trash)

nah last year, I Ate off a 40 the coincided with an earlier drop of the collab. everyone feasted bc the gq stuff dropped early.
agan for this year, the drop is early (10/2). only thing new is that the code isn't around.  Im fairly sure that these will all make it to discount.

was able to make some pennies from the JE stuff last year (hoody and crewneck were trash)

did you use that sign up code they had last year

Haha, yeah I've definitely had to do the water on the car lock move several times- I'm sure every Chicagoan has. It definitely gets SUPER cold and the wind chill is the real monster but from my [limited] experience in MN and WI, I would say both are colder on average. Chicago surely gets as cold sometimes or colder but I think they're more cold consistently.... I think.
Interesting. I went to WI in dead winter. It was around 10F there or so. I was fine with a suit and a NorthFace over that.

I went to Minneapolis when they had the winter vortex thing. It was -7 when I got in my rental. I overpacked for sure. I was wearing compression gear, Harris tweed trousers, suit jacket and a Harris tweed overcoat. It was blazing hot when you go inside buildings so you have to debundle and put everything on again when going outside. Got kind of annoying.

The friend that stays in the greater Minneapolis area says she's lucky she's around the closed tunnel thing they have so she tries not to go out in the winter time.

Interesting. I went to WI in dead winter. It was around 10F there or so. I was fine with a suit and a NorthFace over that.

I went to Minneapolis when they had the winter vortex thing. It was -7 when I got in my rental. I overpacked for sure. I was wearing compression gear, Harris tweed trousers, suit jacket and a Harris tweed overcoat. It was blazing hot when you go inside buildings so you have to debundle and put everything on again when going outside. Got kind of annoying.

The friend that stays in the greater Minneapolis area says she's lucky she's around the closed tunnel thing they have so she tries not to go out in the winter time.

Minneapolis is a dope city but I'm never going back in the winter. I do love that most of the building down town are connected so you never have to go outside. You can travel from building to building.

Only want the Stampd striped t-shirt from this year GQ x Gap

Last year was cool i got the John Elliott Sweats and En Noir jeans

What size you wear, from my personal experience, the fit on some club monaco stuff isn't as slim as i would like

I think you can do better for your money

And i love club monaco btw
40-42. I have a friend that just got a job there, so i would get it for 50% off. Can anyone recommend a camel topcoat that would be better, but not more than $500?
Take a look at this one at club monaco
pCMCA1-21446829_alternate5_dt.jpg

http://m.clubmonaco.ca/bbhost:0/product/index.jsp?productId=65202286

Last edited:
If anyone is planning on messing with J. Crew heavily I suggest building a relationship with an SA and use their connect.

30-50% everything and 50% off sale items. No collabs.

That can save some $ if you're rebuilding heavy.

If anyone is planning on messing with J. Crew heavily I suggest building a relationship with an SA and use their connect.

30-50% everything and 50% off sale items. No collabs.

That can save some $ if you're rebuilding heavy.

great idea if i didnt already have a girl. They usually have some decent looking chicks and i cant see myself building a relationship with a dude for clothing disco. Cant tell a dude "thanks i owe you dinner".

I did it a while ago with a chick from express

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't really go into a store to make friends with the sales associates. I go to a store and find what I want and try to leave with the quickness. The employees at jcrew and the jc factory stores are nice though and always willing to help, especially the female employees.

Back
Top Bottom