Dressing Better Vol 2.0

good price at $149; especially with thinsulate:

https://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clot...395/E4395.jsp?color_name=charcoal-herringbone

when i browse the site i seem to find everything that i look for, but the way the Canadian dollar is right how :smh:

Extremely slow shipping the one time I ordered from them. Half the problem was getting them to ship it in a timely manner.

Ditto. First and last time I order from them. I'm still waiting on 2 turtle necks I ordered 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
When that Alezander Wang Collab dropped it was insane on 5th ave in NY for the whole weekend

Last edited:
It depends on the numbers.

Margiela was the best collab IMO because they actually reproduced the mainline pieces albeit in crap quality. Their production numbers were so high almost everything went on sale weeks later and a lot of stores had a lot of sizes.

I copped a car coat for half off weeks later in store.

Conversely others like Lanvin sold out almost instantly. I remember a friend from London wanted the necklace. No way in hell I was lining up. I couldn't cop. Ebay prices were nuts. We went with an actual Lanvin necklace on sale for not so much more than the resell price on the collab necklace.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent looking pair of dress shoes for sub $200?

Before anyone suggest to spend more for a pair of AEs from shoebank or meermin, these shoes will be used almost daily as everyday dress shoes. Out here in NYC where you do a lot of walking on cement, the heels wear out extremely quickly. Let's not get started on the rain / snow either.

Best option IMO would be to completely resole the shoes with rubber or add a top piece. Suggesstions please? Reps will be given as usual.

Johnston Murphy...great shoes IMO.

So a year ago I bought a denim Levi jacket.
I've slimmed up a bit so now it looks as if I'm wearing my older brothers jacket. Anything I can do about it? Should I bring it to a tailor?

So a year ago I bought a denim Levi jacket.
I've slimmed up a bit so now it looks as if I'm wearing my older brothers jacket. Anything I can do about it? Should I bring it to a tailor?
It depends. I wouldn't do it personally. It's outerwear. It doesn't have to fit so tightly. Also, if it's a generic Levis piece from Macys or whatever and not the M and C line that's premium, it wouldn't be worth the price. Just cop a new one at this point.

If you are determined then look at what you need to get tailored. If the shoulders are too baggy or sleeves too long then that can't be fixed at reasonable prices. If you want to just take in the sides them sure.

It depends. I wouldn't do it personally. It's outerwear. It doesn't have to fit so tightly. Also, if it's a generic Levis piece from Macys or whatever and not the M and C line that's premium, it wouldn't be worth the price. Just cop a new one at this point.

If you are determined then look at what you need to get tailored. If the shoulders are too baggy or sleeves too long then that can't be fixed at reasonable prices. If you want to just take in the sides them sure.

Makes sense. Was hoping there would be something dope to do with it and salvage the piece. I'll just hand it off to my cousin

are these creative collaborations made by a company like Balmain, or just designing pieces that are still manufactured by H&M ?

balmain collab-ed with hennes & mauritz

they helped design pieces at H&M quality

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom