Dressing better

...?... new to this style shoe...

after seeing some saddle shoes in here rocked correctly,i've been searching...
just dont know what gets rocked or how stuff like this is worn...

TM7309-37A0-dk-org-b-3.jpg

am i trippin?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

What do ya'll think about galoshes though? or rubber rain boots?
If I lived somewhere where it rained more often, I'd pick up a pair of Hunter wellington boots.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

does a black button down dress shirt look good on light or dark colored gray slacks?

I will give that a big N-O. Black dress shirts will make you look like a server at a party, it's just not a good look to me.
I've only seen a black shirt worn well and it really need to come with a lot of confidence.
I purchased a Paul Smith shirt in black 2-3 years ago and I have not worn it to this day.

You mean like ducks boots? LL Bean also has a good variety.
I particularly love this Officine Creative Duck Boot and I am not a big fan of duck boots.
officine-creative-duck-boot-00.jpg

Narrow is an understatement. I'm a pretty thin dude and I ordered a coat from one of these sellers (metrosexualo). I want to return, but the post officelady said I can't send it back to South Korea
smh.gif
$140 down the drain.

Sell it here or SF.
If you provide the right measurements, you will eventually find a buyer, especially at SF.

Originally Posted by RFX45

does a black button down dress shirt look good on light or dark colored gray slacks?

I will give that a big N-O. Black dress shirts will make you look like a server at a party, it's just not a good look to me.
I've only seen a black shirt worn well and it really need to come with a lot of confidence.
I purchased a Paul Smith shirt in black 2-3 years ago and I have not worn it to this day.

I particularly love this Officine Creative Duck Boot and I am not a big fan of duck boots.

who the hell is wearing those out on the street? unless you're going hunting or somethin
smh.gif

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by eeibaby

How do you guys suggest for me on sizing for Allen Edmond wingtips? Was planning to buy some on ebay also what color?

depends on the model and what you'll be wearing them with will matter on what color you should get. some of their wingtips are built on different lasts. also depends if you want the chunkier, trad style wingtip or a modern contemporary, low profile wing tip. are you buying used or new on ebay?
Probably used, do you mind telling me the difference?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

who the hell is wearing those out on the street? unless you're going hunting or somethin
smh.gif

That particular pair has a leather toe but the pairs with rubber sole like the ones LL Bean and RL makes, are worn all the time.
There are people who has to deal with a lot of rain and mud where such a boot is very useful and are utilized on a daily basis.
The one I posted is more for style and come one now, that's like wearing basketball shoes and not actually playing basketball, it's all a style or ahomage design.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Narrow is an understatement. I'm a pretty thin dude and I ordered a coat from one of these sellers (metrosexualo). I want to return, but the post office lady said I can't send it back to South Korea
smh.gif
$140 down the drain.
laugh.gif
Yeah man. I wear size small in America brands like BR and J. Crew. I even gotta take the width taken in on 95% of the items. But in thehomeland, I'm a large-xl.
laugh.gif

OT, but do you dudes get compliments randomly? It happens to me about 4-5 times already, from females obviously, in places like market and Starbucks. Ofcourse I also get jokes from the dudes so I guess it cancels out somewhat.
laugh.gif

Sell it here or SF.
If you provide the right measurements, you will eventually find a buyer, especially at SF.
Good idea, I'll get to it eventually. Eventually meaning weeks to months later
laugh.gif

wj4, I get compliments on the regular at work, but I rarely feel like I'm "dressing better." I try to slum it actually because I sweat andwhatnot. Every now and then, I'll introduce something new and someone will notice and give kudos.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Probably used, do you mind telling me the difference?

not sure what you're asking but i'll give it a try. you can go to the allen edmonds site and review what shoes are made on what last to see the properfit. as far as traditional vs. contemporary wingtips, contemporary wingtips have more of a low pro sole, more narrow/pointy toe box. traditional brogues have amuch chunkier sole, often use pebbled or cordovan leathers, basically opposite of contemporary.

the beauty of allen edmonds is you can restore your shoes for a great price instead of using a 3rd party cobbler. however, the downside about buying used is a)how used are they and b) they've already formed to the other person's foot. don't get me wrong, they're a great quality shoe, especially forthe price for a handmade in the USA brand. but you can always find a great shoe from other lower priced brands like Geox, Bostonian, J&M, etc etc. mysuggestion is, try on a variety of brands and find the one that fits you best in your price range. go to a nordstrom rack, you'll find a plethora of dressshoes in your size.

Thanks but you think you can also show me a picture comparison between Contemporary vs Traditional

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

copped a pea coat at old navy last night, theyre having 50% off on all outerwear, so it was 40$ its
pimp.gif
did they have one in navy blue? $40 for a peacoat is instacopped
eek.gif

Banana Republic is having the 30% Give and Get sale in Canada right now. I think I'm going to have to go and check it out...

Back
Top Bottom