Dressing better

yo can someone post a pic of some clarks DB with jeans.. preferably not some super skinny jeans.. thanks

I recently turned 21 and when I started going out to bars at school, I began to realize that my clothes were too casual. My clothes pretty much consist ofpolo's, t-shirts, jeans, and cargo shorts. I have a few pairs of Dr. Martens but I'm looking to add some sneakers that will go well with nicerclothes.

I'm looking at getting some pants that are classier than just jeans and upgrading the cargo shorts into something that better reflects my age.

Any advice on brands/styles and a list of basic necessities would be much appreciated.

RFX info on those boat sneakers please!?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RockyBalboa25

I recently turned 21 and when I started going out to bars at school, I began to realize that my clothes were too casual. My clothes pretty much consist of polo's, t-shirts, jeans, and cargo shorts. I have a few pairs of Dr. Martens but I'm looking to add some sneakers that will go well with nicer clothes.

I'm looking at getting some pants that are classier than just jeans and upgrading the cargo shorts into something that better reflects my age.

Any advice on brands/styles and a list of basic necessities would be much appreciated.

I like Banana Republic plus their sales rack is the truth.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Express quality is on par with GAP, maybe BR.
And honestly, that jacket doesn't look like it fits well from that pic.
Kind of cool how you embeded the zoom feature though.
There's no way Express is on the same level as BR, I'll give it Gap. From around '03-'06 I was a loyal customer to Express. Idon't think I've used my Express card for at least a year now because the quality has gone down even more. I had a couple of blazers from Express,they weren't even lined inside..not even partially. And a lot of stuff misshaped after several washes. All of my BR articles are still holding up fineafter multiple washes.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Express quality is on par with GAP, maybe BR.
And honestly, that jacket doesn't look like it fits well from that pic.
Kind of cool how you embeded the zoom feature though
yea i prefer a looser fit for my coats any way but i jus found this one that does look a little better fit but im not trying to pay 550 for a coat though
moz-screenshot-16.jpg

moz-screenshot-15.jpg
Blog.Fashion.Focus.Mens.Theory.Sigmund.Wool.Cashmere.Blend.Peacoat.jpg
I bought a similar coat from BR back in Spring on sale for around $150. The jacket is nice too. Lined on the inside with wool on the upper chestto provide more warmth.
208v90m.jpg

Originally Posted by McStabb05

yo can someone post a pic of some clarks DB with jeans.. preferably not some super skinny jeans.. thanks
I've personally never seen anyone wear Clarks Desert Boots with relax or boot cut jeans before. Just slim fit and skinny jeans. Here are acouple I got from Google.
116486_140vwht.png

210675_wdywt51909.jpg

I found this one...some people have been wondering how the DB's would look with shorts.
socklessshoes.jpg

thanks wj4

ya, not really a good look with the shorts IMO. I'm tryin to decide if the desert boots would look alright with a more relaxed fit jean. i guess ill justhave to go try em on in person and see whats up

Originally Posted by McStabb05

thanks wj4

ya, not really a good look with the shorts IMO. I'm tryin to decide if the desert boots would look alright with a more relaxed fit jean. i guess ill just have to go try em on in person and see whats up
I think to pull off the DB's with shorts, you really need a more brolic build, like Jackman as Wolverine for the masculine appeal.
laugh.gif

Hopes this help out a bit more. J. Crew's boots are pretty similar to Clarks'. This is J. Crew's straight fit jeans.
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/MensBrowse/Men_Shop_By_Category/denim/straight/PRDOVR~99748/99748.jsp

Hopefully when school start I'll not only be done w/ this thread, but NT all together..

I really need to quit spending..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Dudes posting links to great deals, and other bs ain't helping.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Hopefully when school start I'll not only be done w/ this thread, but NT all together..

I really need to quit spending..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Dudes posting links to great deals, and other bs ain't helping.
smh.gif
Self control, man. I know for sure I'm done for now with shopping. I don't see myself buying more clothes unless if my physique changes. The key is to have versatile pieces. I became disgusted with myself when I had a million pairs of shoes that only get rocked once or twice a year. SMH. Youdon't wanna be the male version of the girl in "Confessions of a Shopaholic".
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Gilt.com this week.. I'm waiting for thur/fri. For those non-members >>>INVITE<<<
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]MONDAY - 8/17[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Vince[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]TUESDAY - 8/18[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]A. Testoni Shoes & Belts[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]INHABIT Men's[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]WEDNESDAY - 8/19[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Vilebrequin[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Yigal Azrouel Men's[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]THURSDAY - 8/20[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Nudie, Acne, Filippa K[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Converse by John Varvatos Shoes[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]FRIDAY - 8/21[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Ralph Lauren Purple Label[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]Edun Men's[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]SATURDAY - 8/22[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]SUNDAY - 8/23[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]James Perse[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

i need some ideas people...

i got a wedding coming up...aint feeling to cop a suit as i wont wear it enough to justify me copping it.

im gonna go the blazer jeans route as i can wear those things when i go out etc....im not sure whether to just to go with a shirt...or to layer it up some...

anybody got any pics of fits that might give me some ideas??

I'm interested in the Nudie sale on Thursday.
I might be able to get to try one, finally.
The damns pending never ends.
laugh.gif

Anyways, to those interested, Vans Zapato El Barco.
vans-fall-2009-zapato-del-barco-2-450x540.jpg

vans-fall-2009-zapato-del-barco-3-450x540.jpg

vans-fall-2009-zapato-del-barco-1-450x540.jpg

Originally Posted by Smedroc

i got a wedding coming up...aint feeling to cop a suit as i wont wear it enough to justify me copping it.

im gonna go the blazer jeans route as i can wear those things when i go out etc....im not sure whether to just to go with a shirt...or to layer it up some...

Don't do jeans. Go with slacks or dress pants. CHeck out Niidawgs posts for some great idea on how to wear sport coats with slacks.
I would hate it if anyone came to my wedding wearing jeans, it's horrible.

For more pocket hurting expenditure... Gram Footwear. Chances are these won't be much of anyone cup of tea in here but oh well.
gram-fw09-footwear-1-540x359.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-2-540x472.jpg

gram-fw09-footwear-3-540x345.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-13-540x489.jpg

gram-fw09-footwear-4-540x411.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-10-540x425.jpg

120_a.jpg
124_a.jpg
105_a.jpg
gram-fw09-footwear-2-540x472.jpg

That grey H&M coat is nice, but I don't think I would get it. I'll see too many people in it. You guys don't care about seeing your coat onsomeone else, not even just someone else, a bunch of people?

^^^
I do not really know why it should bother anyone if it is the same coat.
Hundreds, if not thousands of coats are made similar to H&M.

The same can be said about jeans, all jeans practically look the same from far away.
Jordans are worn by plenty of people but that never stopped most from wearing the newest release.

Kinda feeling these, I know they reference Wallabees but I wish the sole was a little slimmer.
weaver-boot-00.jpg

Originally Posted by Smedroc

You really going to wear jeans to a wedding? Not even chinos?

You don't know how versatile a suit can be. You can wear the blazer by itself or the slacks by itself. You don't always have to wear the ensemble asa suit.

^^^
I do not really know why it should bother anyone if it is the same coat.
Hundreds, if not thousands of coats are made similar to H&M.

The same can be said about jeans, all jeans practically look the same from far away.
Jordans are worn by plenty of people but that never stopped most from wearing the newest release.

Well I see a jacket differently from jeans. A lot of people wear Levi 501s but you wouldn't really point it out. But a coat would be that much obvious. AndI don't wear newly released Jordans, hardly buy them anymore, but I get what you're saying about others. But again, I see a coat as something morepersonal. Hence why someone would spend 2500 on a Cavalli leather just so he doesn't see everyone in it. Everyone is different though. I would also hate tosee someone wearing the same tie as me at the sametime lol

Back
Top Bottom