Dressing better

Originally Posted by mindless2778

niidawg3 or RFX: Since I mustered up the courage to post in here, I should just ask either of you. I'm in Puerto Rico, which means not many options when it comes to clothing brands that I can actually buy.
laugh.gif
I'm a polo shirt/casual shirt with jeans and shoes/ nice sneakers guy. I keep things simple. Should I just hit up my local Macy's and Ralph Lauren outlet and live there? Any advice will be very appreciated.
Have you tried Zara in Plaza Las Americas or you can go down to Condado and check out all the good stores there, also the Burberry store in Viejo San Juan.  I live in Caguas by the way

Originally Posted by bert739

niidawg3 or RFX: Since I mustered up the courage to post in here, I should just ask either of you. I'm in Puerto Rico, which means not many options when it comes to clothing brands that I can actually buy.
laugh.gif
I'm a polo shirt/casual shirt with jeans and shoes/ nice sneakers guy. I keep things simple. Should I just hit up my local Macy's and Ralph Lauren outlet and live there? Any advice will be very appreciated.
Have you tried Zara in Plaza Las Americas or you can go down to Condado and check out all the good stores there, also the Burberry store in Viejo San Juan.  I live in Caguas by the way

Damn, I didn't think of that. 
laugh.gif
  I'll hit up Zara but Condado is too expensive for me. Good idea. 

Nice man, do you have the leather pair or the waxed canvas (ll bean signature) ones? And I heard they run pretty big, but I'll probably try them on at my LL Bean store anyway just in case. Also, do you wear them casually or just when it's raining?

I've been noticing a lot of looks in their signature line that are pretty nice:

W506130_0_57

W506143_0_57

W506145_0_57

W506138_0_57

W506132_0_57

Some items from their regular line are solid as well:

259447_28211_41

262249_129_41

laugh.gif

RL outlet has always been nice to me. I highly recommend shopping online, however please know your sizing VERY well, and also how different companys size their stuff. That will drastically reduce your frustrations. Also even within specific brands some lines are better than others, so researching brands will help too. I would just take a few weekends and go into a bunch of shops - try stuff out till you see what works consistently for you and then hunt for them below retail. never pay retail.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

1stdaysuit%20%284%20of%2023%29.jpg
Nice fit Nacho. In the first pic - the sleeve pitch looks off (diagonal rippling on your arms), but it is smooth in the second one. It might have been how you were standing. Is this a Hickey Freeman suit?

Also in a casual setting the loafer is fine, but if this is for business, swap it out with some brogued oxfords.

Does anybody know what the sizing is like on the clothing from Asos??? I see some things that I would like to grab for my boyfriend but I'm not sure if sizing up or down is needed. Thanks for the help.

Good deals on that creative rec sale. I got free shipping on my order as well. Was looking for a pair of all black high tops to throw into my fall rotation, glad I found a pair.

1130417-p-2x.jpg

$37.50 shipped
pimp.gif

If you are planning on ordering note that these shoes usually run pretty narrow so you might wanna size up .5

Originally Posted by niidawg3

1stdaysuit%20%284%20of%2023%29.jpg
Nice fit Nacho. In the first pic - the sleeve pitch looks off (diagonal rippling on your arms), but it is smooth in the second one. It might have been how you were standing. Is this a Hickey Freeman suit?

Also in a casual setting the loafer is fine, but if this is for business, swap it out with some brogued oxfords.

It's actually a custom-tailored wool suit for apparently my doppleganger, thrift store purchase for $18.
2/3 roll, high armholes, just needed an inch to the pant's waist.
sometimes I blessed.

I'm waiting for the 1st paycheck to pick up a chocolate brown and a black oxfords.

some pickups & slim fit analysis;

My favorite dress shirt right now is the Nordstrom Trim-Fit from the Rack for $30.
nordstromrackshirts%20%281%20of%20102%29.jpg

nordstromrackshirts%20%284%20of%20102%29.jpg

nordstromrackshirts%20%285%20of%20102%29.jpg

nordstromrackshirts%20%286%20of%20102%29.jpg

The Michael Kors suit back from the tailor, still needs a few big jobs.
-
devil.gif
he made the sleeves too long, going back this week, I told him to show at least 1/2 inch of the shirt.
-the pants slimmed, I like the single pleat, a cut between modern & classic.
He said he couldn't slim the sleeves because there's a defect in the way it was sewn.
ohwell.gif
now that I'm Manhattan I might shopped for a more experienced maestro.
But I'm going to give him another shot, he did a great job wrangling the excess fabric in the back of the jacket.

nordstromrackshirts%20%2818%20of%20102%29.jpg
nordstromrackshirts%20%2820%20of%20102%29.jpg

H&M Dress shirt, I only pick them up when they're half off at $20.
nordstromrackshirts%20%2881%20of%20102%29.jpg

Another H&M
nordstromrackshirts%20%2863%20of%20102%29.jpg

BB Extra-Slim, I think I should have opt for the Slim instead
laugh.gif
, extra tight around the chest although it's the slimmest around the waist.
I think BBES is great for a nightlife shirt, but work dress shirts shouldn't be too slim. 
nordstromrackshirts%20%2868%20of%20102%29.jpg

Nordstrom Trim Fit - $30
The most "professional" fit imo.
nordstromrackshirts%20%28101%20of%20102%29.jpg

The entire Inception wardrobe.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to the Costume Designer.
tumblr_l631txh0AM1qc6uif

Thoughts on tie width?
most of my ties are 4inches at their widest
I just purchased 6 3"inch Penguin ties from Gilt.  Interested to see how they'll fit into the equation.
gilttie2.jpg
gilttie4.jpg
gilttie6.jpg
gilttie1.jpg
gilttie3.jpg
gilttie5.jpg

The Michael Kors suit back from the tailor, he did a great job wrangled the excess fabric in the back.
However,
devil.gif
he made the sleeves too long, going back this week, I told him to show at least 1/2 inch of the shirt.
He said he couldn't slim the sleeves because there's a defect in the way it was sewn.
ohwell.gif
Going to get the pants slimmed, I'm really feeling the single pleat, a cut between modern & classic.
nordstromrackshirts%20%2818%20of%20102%29.jpg
Now that you posted the pic, I remember saying something to you about the fact that the sleeves looked like the fabric was twisted...you said you got it from an outlet?

Just my opinion but I'd have all of the pants you posted tapered and hemmed, even slightly.

Originally Posted by ddot7

The Michael Kors suit back from the tailor, he did a great job wrangled the excess fabric in the back.
However,
devil.gif
ohwell.gif
Going to get the pants slimmed, I'm really feeling the single pleat, a cut between modern & classic.
Now that you posted the pic, I remember saying something to you about the fact that the sleeves looked like the fabric was twisted...you said you got it from an outlet?

Just my opinion but I'd have all of the pants you posted tapered and hemmed, even slightly.
From the Neiman Marcus outlet, sleeve fabric is definitely twisted but I think it's repairable by a maestro.
I got the pants hemmed but not slimmed, getting that done.  Oh yea and a better belt coming soon. 
Slowly but surely. 

I posted in the designer shoes post so i thought you guys might be able to help as well, I was wondering if anybody knew of some loafers similar to these Mr. Hare Genet Loafers, and no i dont need six tassles
390057180.jpg

NachoBroadway, nice pick-up you got there. Those Nordstorm Trim fit look pretty good and fitted, I might stop by this week and try some on. And very true about the costume designer for INCEPTION. Everyone was looking great, especially Gordon Levitt.~

I'm torn on getting Creative Recs this year. They aren't very comfortable at all, but damn, I can't pass up a pair for $30. Will this still be available Monday? Will anything worth mentioning still be there?
ohwell.gif

EDIT: Couldn't resist, bought these:

1443.png

1443_2_.png

1443_4_.png

Lack of will power
smh.gif

^^ That's pretty nice for prom, you look happy and that's all that matters.

Nice pick-ups on those CR Gordon, those looks great and after the discount and free shipping it's only $35. Damn, I am very tempted!

Nacho, nice pick-ups as always. I need to check out those H&M shirts, I might try and pick-up tomorrow.
Suggestion on the MK suit, try and get the torso taken in a bit if possible.
For the BB ESF, they just have a higher armhole than usual so it feels constricting on the chest but once you get used to it, you'll love it the way it is.
Trust me, there is a big difference between the slim fit vs. extra slim fit.

It's funny you mentioned Penguin ties, jsut got two seersucker ties for the summer.
Plus various other ties and a generic tie clip (yeah, I listened to you guys, no LV tie clip
laugh.gif
).
14sfmb.jpg

Also got a BoO shirt, fits perfect but too damn short, can only be worn casually.
6h8guo.jpg

Jil Sander sweater, fits great.
161hlqe.jpg

Paul Smith navy blazer, fit is awesome off the rack, only need to shorten the sleeves, or maybe slightly shorten the whole jacket.
2h5i69d.jpg
2i223on.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Paul Smith navy blazer, fit is awesome off the rack, only need to shorten the sleeves, or maybe slightly shorten the whole jacket.
2h5i69d.jpg
2i223on.jpg

I really like that look. I'm entering my third year in college and I've been meaning to pick up a navy blazer for its versatility. In what situations would it be appropriate to wear one? The main thing holding me back from buying one is that I'm worried it won't get much use until after I graduate. I really like how it can be dressed up or down. I'm at a stage where most people at my school are still shopping at pacsun (closest beach is 10 minutes away). Pretty much if I buy one I would only feel right wearing it to work in DC over summer/winter breaks.

^^ That's pretty nice for prom, you look happy and that's all that matters.

Nice pick-ups on those CR Gordon, those looks great and after the discount and free shipping it's only $35. Damn, I am very tempted!

2h5i69d.jpg
2i223on.jpg

Thanks, and it was actually only $31.50 with free shipping for some reason.
happy.gif

When you pointed it out, the jacket does seem a bit large, but it still looks dope. I need to pick up a blazer or too soon.

Pee-wee Herman style.

I like the high water look and respect TB but I don't think I can pull it off irl. Seems like one of those looks that would work much better on the runway, photoshoots and ads. It's pretty much a casual suit, I think it'll be pretty difficult to pull the high water in a more business oriented environment.

Agree, definitely more summer brunch than the office, unless you work at Details or Bergdorfs. Let's not forget the whole pants cuff trend that can be attributed to this guy too.

I saw these Alexander McQueen sneaker / boots and they are DOPE!

249978WAH201000_1

• 249978WAH201000_2
  • 249978WAH201000_3

Back
Top Bottom