Drugs and the current generation...

The war on drugs has more to do with the violence and crime associated with drugs than the casual weed smoker

Originally Posted by solarius49

The war on drugs has more to do with the violence and crime $ associated with drugs than the casual weed smoker

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]throwed, why are you wasting your time with these dudes? A lot of [/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]people[/color][color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] sheep enjoy having someone do their thinking for them.[/color]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

The war on drugs has more to do with the violence and crime associated with drugs than the casual weed smoker

the war on drugs made the violence and crime associated with drugs go up, though.

meanwhile the CIA is moving bricks on planes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Something tells me inhaling smoke purposelly daily nisn't good for you at all regardless if it's herbal or not.Some of y'all are in denial about being addicted to weed though.
truth...
just imagine how much money one could save if they cut daily use IN HALF...

the time dedicated to rollin' and blowin' could be invested in other thing.

And the time dedicated to fighting the war on drugs could be invested into other things x 999,999,999,999 more than the time dedicated to rollin' and blowin'.
I'd rather be a guy that spends his days smoking weed and hanging out than one of the miserable $#$!! wasting their time trying to fight it. Anyone that's fought the war on drugs is no more accomplished than most marijuana smokers. It's been a complete and utter failure in every aspect. It's time to try something new.

come on famb... if you can keep one person from falling into drugs, you've done your job.. you act like everyone that's against drugs are miserable. The extremes on NT are always used to justify a point...

Originally Posted by Sleaze Jar Omens

the war on drugs made the violence and crime associated with drugs go up, though.

meanwhile the CIA is moving bricks on planes
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Not to mention, fighting the imaginary enemy keeps a *++* load of people employed[/color]

Congrats op, welcome to college. A time in your life where you either find or lose yourself. I've been around plenty of users; from the casual puffasaurus, the 'let it rip' clique, to the pills/powder crowd. Imo, students want to experiment, pursue the enjoyment, and support their choices with "I'll quit when I want" or "it's just a plant" argument. I don't smoke anymore, see no harm in it, but it's the connotation and image that gives it a bad rep. Hell, I'd rather be on the road with stoners than people under the influence of alcohol.
But like another NTer said; you learn more about yourself whether if you can distinguish a phase or get caught up in it. I wanna keep this short OP, but can you imagine that girl you mentioned having kids? Generations are getting worse like radio music

read the first and last page. shan't dabble in conspiracy theory talk on here but...i wonder the same thing OP.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Something tells me inhaling smoke purposelly daily nisn't good for you at all regardless if it's herbal or not.Some of y'all are in denial about being addicted to weed though.
75% of the food we eat daily isn't good for us either.
Unfortunately the air we breath isn't all that good for us either, especially considering the fact that I assume most of us live in large cities.
About addiction, what interests me is the inability to truly enjoy a drug when addicted. I know it may seem twisted, but with thinking logically (which addicts sadly aren't able to do), an addiction reduces the pleasure. I've heard it a couple of times, although that is regarding nicotine addiction via cigarettes, that those who have stopped smoking said they can enjoy a cigarette now and then a whole lot more. This is a psychological reason, I think addiction could be approached. Will a constantly high addict be able to enjoy a rush or a high after months or will they look at it as normal? i.e. we considered internet a rare privilege back in the day, but now it's something that we rely upon.

Hmm and yes I must agree, drugs can't be classified simply drugs. I mean Heroine and crack are probably the two most dangerous, because of the addiction, the first being amongst the very few, which cause physical addiction. Parallel to that weed and hash for example can be called close to harmless...

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Unfortunately the air we breath isn't all that good for us either, especially considering the fact that I assume most of us live in large cities.
About addiction, what interests me is the inability to truly enjoy a drug when addicted. I know it may seem twisted, but with thinking logically (which addicts sadly aren't able to do), an addiction reduces the pleasure. I've heard it a couple of times, although that is regarding nicotine addiction via cigarettes, that those who have stopped smoking said they can enjoy a cigarette now and then a whole lot more. This is a psychological reason, I think addiction could be approached. Will a constantly high addict be able to enjoy a rush or a high after months or will they look at it as normal? i.e. we considered internet a rare privilege back in the day, but now it's something that we rely upon.

Hmm and yes I must agree, drugs can't be classified simply drugs. I mean Heroine and crack are probably the two most dangerous, because of the addiction, the first being amongst the very few, which cause physical addiction. Parallel to that weed and hash for example can be called close to harmless...
Very interesting perspective

my opinion on the original question.

marijuana use has always been fairly commonplace and acceptable as far back as I can remember. I dont think it has anything to do with the current generation of young adults.

the social acceptance of other "harder" drugs (coke, e, lsd, fungus, meth, dmt, etc.. etc...) is also not something that just has to do with this current generation. i believe that use of these drugs became more socially accepted in the early to mid 90's with the rise in popularity of electronica and raves. prior to the early 90's, the rave scene was more underground. it was the exception not the rule. to be honest, i dont know how or why it started to pick up in popularity, but it was like an explosion. no longer were raves the domain of those outcast kids who dressed funny. pretty soon it was the popular thing to do. obviously there is a very strong tie with drugs and the electronic music community. popularity has continued to grow and we now come to present day where EDM is very mainstream.

I tried acid about 6 months back, changed my life. I know exactly what Steve Jobs meant now.
laugh.gif

that's a good point about if you easily get hooked on stuff.  me personally i have to watch myself with drinking of all things.  sometimes i'll catch myself drinking way too often or fiending to go to the bar all the time.  that's when i'll lay low for a month and just keep it to saturdays or something. 

but i can do "hard" drugs as you guys put it once every great while and be fine.  say it's halloween and someone gives me a free line, hell yeah i'll take it.  doesn't ever have me feeling like i need to cop a ball the next day cause i'm addicted.
laugh.gif
  everyone's different, i can take or leave white but i usually always want a drink at some point throughout the day.

Its official then, no eating and no smoking.

i'd bet almost everything that the dude who smokes trees daily and eats right is healthier than someone who eats garbage and doesn't smoke.  

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i'd bet almost everything that the dude who smokes trees daily and eats right is healthier than someone who eats garbage and doesn't smoke.  

I bet you everything the person who eats right and doesn't smoke is more healthier than someone who smokes and eats healthy.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I bet you everything the person who eats right and doesn't smoke is more healthier than someone who smokes and eats healthy.
meh, i know a chick who runs marathons and smokes right before because it dilates your lungs.  i've yet to see anything that makes smoking trees seem unhealthy to me.  i'm not talking about twisting up a swisher, i mean vaporizing.

at the end of the day do you. i got news, no one makes it out alive so live reasonably healthy but don't be scared to have some fun sometimes.

experience for yourself, i think thats the only way to make decision. until then you cannot look down nor up to those who do what you're not familiar with.

Was admantly against tree for nearly all of hs and college then i tried it blackout drunk.
Alcohol is dangerous and the gateway drug but for some reason socially acceptable and people are truly blind to that.
I can count on my hands how many times i've smoked but i wont do it again because of the stigma. I need a job and stuff.
I also dont understand the popularity of molly, i contemplated it only because i love house music an its part of the scene but thats never happening.
I feel like its a slippery slope. That said i agree everyone should try marijuana once. Its so common too, more and more everywhere smells like bud.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

Was admantly against tree for nearly all of hs and college then i tried it blackout drunk.
Alcohol is dangerous and the gateway drug but for some reason socially acceptable and people are truly blind to that.
I can count on my hands how many times i've smoked but i wont do it again because of the stigma. I need a job and stuff.
I also dont understand the popularity of molly, i contemplated it only because i love house music an its part of the scene but thats never happening.
I feel like its a slippery slope. That said i agree everyone should try marijuana once. Its so common too, more and more everywhere smells like bud.
you dont understand because you havent tried it.  simple.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

you dont understand because you havent tried it.  simple.
Damn, you love house music and no MDMA?
frown.gif
But do you. But I do agree with Mojo, people always say they don't understand this or that, well obviously... you've never tried.

Back
Top Bottom