eBay and Paypal are CROOKS---- Vol- OWNED

So been selling some old and new kicks on eBay recently. Tracking number added to Paypal after every deal. 
No issues what-so-ever. No disputes, nothing but positive feedback on eBay. Account verified and all.

Last Thursday, BOOM, account limitation out of nowhere. They wanted invoices/receipts which I scanned and supplied to Paypal.

This morning called them again to ask on status of account. They inform me that they've determined that I'm "high risk" and have closed my account.

$250 left in the account. They will hold it for "30-60  days" (dude on the phone wasn't even sure), pending possible disputes. He told me that as a company then can choose their buyers and sellers and close accounts whenever they want to..... "WITHOUT GIVING ANY EXPLANATION". Dude went short of saying that they can take my money when they want to 
tired.gif

Anybody deal with this !#!@? Honestly, be careful with using them.... you can do everything by the T and still get owned. This is criminal what they're doing.... What the hell is their business plan anyways?

I feel owned

So been selling some old and new kicks on eBay recently. Tracking number added to Paypal after every deal. 
No issues what-so-ever. No disputes, nothing but positive feedback on eBay. Account verified and all.

Last Thursday, BOOM, account limitation out of nowhere. They wanted invoices/receipts which I scanned and supplied to Paypal.

This morning called them again to ask on status of account. They inform me that they've determined that I'm "high risk" and have closed my account.

$250 left in the account. They will hold it for "30-60  days" (dude on the phone wasn't even sure), pending possible disputes. He told me that as a company then can choose their buyers and sellers and close accounts whenever they want to..... "WITHOUT GIVING ANY EXPLANATION". Dude went short of saying that they can take my money when they want to 
tired.gif

Anybody deal with this !#!@? Honestly, be careful with using them.... you can do everything by the T and still get owned. This is criminal what they're doing.... What the hell is their business plan anyways?

I feel owned

That blows, I've had my account limited and Ive seen it happen to alot of people on here but never heard of them closing your account.

That blows, I've had my account limited and Ive seen it happen to alot of people on here but never heard of them closing your account.

this actually happened to me a few months ago with my alternate paypal account. gave me the same exact response saying i need to take my business elsewhere.
they hit me with the you account is limited until you provide us with A, B, C even though I am not a business.
the lady was real chill when I called and explained things and said everything would be cool.
the next day, i wake up to "Your appeal has been denied. Your account will be closed. The decision cannot be reversed" in an email.

... still wonders how i made an appeal when i was never aware i was being tried.

hopefully, you know someone/people that you recently received money from. if so, you should be able to issue refunds to those people and have them send that money back to a different account or mail a check.

this actually happened to me a few months ago with my alternate paypal account. gave me the same exact response saying i need to take my business elsewhere.
they hit me with the you account is limited until you provide us with A, B, C even though I am not a business.
the lady was real chill when I called and explained things and said everything would be cool.
the next day, i wake up to "Your appeal has been denied. Your account will be closed. The decision cannot be reversed" in an email.

... still wonders how i made an appeal when i was never aware i was being tried.

hopefully, you know someone/people that you recently received money from. if so, you should be able to issue refunds to those people and have them send that money back to a different account or mail a check.

How much business were you doing?
They need to report your info to the IRS an I they can't they'll just shut you down.

How much business were you doing?
They need to report your info to the IRS an I they can't they'll just shut you down.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Thanks for the response. I thought about doing that... but don't know the buyers and items have been shipped prior to this mess. If I tell em to go that route, they may just walk away with free kicks (i.e cancel payment, and keep shoes).
bigj505- Did you just reopen another account... or how did you go around your situation?

Honestly, I have no idea what they business model is becoming... both eBay and Paypal... eBay is driving small sellers out and Paypal, it seems, has never changed even after losing their class action case year ago.

I'm heated right now. But I'm confident no disputes will come and in 60 days or so I can get my money back.... That's the hope at least.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Thanks for the response. I thought about doing that... but don't know the buyers and items have been shipped prior to this mess. If I tell em to go that route, they may just walk away with free kicks (i.e cancel payment, and keep shoes).
bigj505- Did you just reopen another account... or how did you go around your situation?

Honestly, I have no idea what they business model is becoming... both eBay and Paypal... eBay is driving small sellers out and Paypal, it seems, has never changed even after losing their class action case year ago.

I'm heated right now. But I'm confident no disputes will come and in 60 days or so I can get my money back.... That's the hope at least.

Your suppose to get your money back once they leave you positive feedback...

That's how I remember getting my limit lifted off my paypal account...

Your suppose to get your money back once they leave you positive feedback...

That's how I remember getting my limit lifted off my paypal account...

there's no reason for them to do that unless you're doing something that raises red flags.

there's no reason for them to do that unless you're doing something that raises red flags.

How does this even happen? Lately I've been selling a few things here and there, nothing but 100% feedback...if they out of the blue told me to shut it down and take my business elsewhere I'd be heated. And don't even get me started on those ridiculous eBay/PayPal fees.

I've had an account since like 2006.

How does this even happen? Lately I've been selling a few things here and there, nothing but 100% feedback...if they out of the blue told me to shut it down and take my business elsewhere I'd be heated. And don't even get me started on those ridiculous eBay/PayPal fees.

I've had an account since like 2006.

Originally Posted by BTK

Like what? I just told you that I sell my personal collection and some DS kicks (Js, AM...) from previous season... no disputes, tracking entered, positive feedbacks... all to make a quick buck and buy clothes and such.
They raise this red flag that you speak of when ever they feel like.... basically the equivalent of not telling you the reason for closing your account. They told me that LITERALLY.

Back
Top Bottom