Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

I saw an auction for a pair of starfish Jordan 1 low listed an unauthorized…they were part of the authenticity guarantee program

944757D1-FFB7-400E-AF55-51026CE738A1.gif

Quick question, this is my first time selling on the new system, so I'm not entirely sure how the process goes, but do I need to include anything in the box like a printed QR code like I do when I sell on GOAT? Thanks in advance!

Quick question, this is my first time selling on the new system, so I'm not entirely sure how the process goes, but do I need to include anything in the box like a printed QR code like I do when I sell on GOAT? Thanks in advance!
Nah, nothing in the box. Everything they need is on the shipping label ebay provides for you.

So I made a sale on the 27th at night, and shipped out the morning of the 29th. Tracking says it arrived at the authentication hub in Astoria the 31st. Today on the 1st, I receive an email saying that eBay canceled an order "for my security" as they "had a concern with a buyer’s account", despite it being 4 days post sale and the shoes have already been shipped out.

The payout has already hit my bank account, but wondering what to expect now. What if eBay still ships it out to the buyer? Should I contact them to make sure it wont happen? Or will the authentication hub know to return to seller? Will eBay just keep the shoes and let me keep my payout? This is my second time in three ebay sneaker sales that I've had issues. First time a buyer tried to scam me and file a chargeback under "unauthorized transaction" smfh

So I made a sale on the 27th at night, and shipped out the morning of the 29th. Tracking says it arrived at the authentication hub in Astoria the 31st. Today on the 1st, I receive an email saying that eBay canceled an order "for my security" as they "had a concern with a buyer’s account", despite it being 4 days post sale and the shoes have already been shipped out.

The payout has already hit my bank account, but wondering what to expect now. What if eBay still ships it out to the buyer? Should I contact them to make sure it wont happen? Or will the authentication hub know to return to seller? Will eBay just keep the shoes and let me keep my payout? This is my second time in three ebay sneaker sales that I've had issues. First time a buyer tried to scam me and file a chargeback under "unauthorized transaction" smfh

That’s a come up bruh; congrats.

I would say, eBay received and authenticated your shoes. You did what you were supposed to, got paid. On them what they do.

Had a buyer try to return a pair sold thru the authentication process due to wrong sizing—thankfully they automatically denied it due to my auction stating no returns. Quite frankly there should be no returns ever allowed for shoes that go thru the authentication center, IMO. What’s the point of authentication if buyers can still try to get over on sellers?

I would say, eBay received and authenticated your shoes. You did what you were supposed to, got paid. On them what they do.

Knowing eBay, the fraudulent buyer would file a chargeback with their bank and eBay would tell me i'm SOL regardless

For shoes that go through the authentication process... eBay pays for that shipping both ways, right? So any seller charging any shipping fees is kinda being a snake, right?

For shoes that go through the authentication process... eBay pays for that shipping both ways, right? So any seller charging any shipping fees is kinda being a snake, right?
You pay to ship them to eBay. Authentication shipping is free of cost for both parties.

Knowing eBay, the fraudulent buyer would file a chargeback with their bank and eBay would tell me i'm SOL regardless
This happened to me, Had to hit up their Twitter CS after I lost the dispute with the bank and then they forwarded it to the Authentication department and then they credited my balance. If you sit back and do nothing then yeah they get you.

Is shipping typically cheaper going through the authentication process? I usually spend $15-$20 to ship shoes. But used the eBay authentication process and had to pay just $9. This seem right?

Is shipping typically cheaper going through the authentication process? I usually spend $15-$20 to ship shoes. But used the eBay authentication process and had to pay just $9. This seem right?

It depends on the seller’s shipping price, authentication hasn’t really made a difference in my experience.

It depends on the seller’s shipping price, authentication hasn’t really made a difference in my experience.
I'm the seller. I use free shipping for the buyer. I use ups or priority depending on their location. This time around, it was a straight $9 instead of me trying to find the cheapest method (which runs at the minimum $15). This was a nice surprise. Cheaper shipping plus it can get authenticated. Score. I'm wondering if eBay is giving increased discounts for shipping and printing through their website? Most times it's a couple bucks. This time it was a whole 40-50% off.

I'm the seller. I use free shipping for the buyer. I use ups or priority depending on their location. This time around, it was a straight $9 instead of me trying to find the cheapest method (which runs at the minimum $15). This was a nice surprise. Cheaper shipping plus it can get authenticated. Score. I'm wondering if eBay is giving increased discounts for shipping and printing through their website? Most times it's a couple bucks. This time it was a whole 40-50% off.

I sell sometimes on eBay and I save a couple of dollars shipping through them, not 40-50% off.

Maybe it was the proximity of the authenticator? I play d around with the dimensions and weight and it never shifted away from the $9 range. I'll take it. I'll use this much more frequently now. These $18-$22 shipping fees were quite intense. When I would ship away from eBay's services. Priority never used to get the discount, just first class.

You pay to ship them to eBay. Authentication shipping is free of cost for both parties.

OK thanks. Some of these dudes have shipping listed at $30-50 with a lower "buy it now" price than competing listings with free shipping.

OK thanks. Some of these dudes have shipping listed at $30-50 with a lower "buy it now" price than competing listings with free shipping.
Back in the day, sellers wouldn’t be charged fees for shipping so they’d have BIN’s for a dollar with 200 shipping. Nowadays, I don’t know why people would do that 🤷🏽‍♂️. Guess it just tricks certain people?

I really hate the fact that as a seller you can no longer leave negative feedback for "buyers". Still have time wasting *** people bidding on **** "on accident", and today some asshat had the nerve to demand free shipping even though the shipping fees were pretty clear in the auction. **** is annoying.

Screenshot_20211108-072948_eBay.jpg

I really hate the fact that as a seller you can no longer leave negative feedback for "buyers". Still have time wasting *** people bidding on **** "on accident", and today some asshat had the nerve to demand free shipping even though the shipping fees were pretty clear in the auction. **** is annoying.

Screenshot_20211108-072948_eBay.jpg
Straight 🤡

Back
Top Bottom