EDM festival Electric Zoo cancelled after two deaths

Yea man my cousin was at Woodstock 99 an he came home w a broken nose and arm he said it was worth it

Honestly sometimes I'm off a few lines of Molly just to hit Hollywood.

No need to judge, people just like to have fun in different ways, B.

I took a decent amount last night and drank a good amount, i felt fine and i know when to stop but in these cases are people going from ok to passing out right away bc their taking an obscene amount in a short time ?or is it more of an individual thing and how your body can handle it, i just feel like id know if im getting into that dangerous state and id seek help right away

Last edited:
Obviously some substances are more dangerous than others but it's interesting how quick ppl are to jump over Molly

The problem isn't inherent to the drug, it's folks who don't know what they're doing.

Imagine drinking alcoholic drinks from strangers without knowing the alcohol content and what else was in it. Then you overdose and people want to blame alcohol and the club/festival you were at

I love the whole scene. What I don't love are the people who NEED to do drugs at these shows/festivals.

I was surprised to hear that a few of my friends take molly when they go to these festivals. They tell me the music and experience is way more enjoyable when they take. It was just weird hearing that from them considering they're nurses.

I know plenty nurses that do drugs

I find overweight nurses more alarming for some reason :lol:

I know plenty nurses that do drugs

I find overweight nurses more alarming for some reason :lol:

i know madd nurses smoke cigs and yes i know nurses who do drugs also

there is also a lot of fat nurses. fact

When you're talking about MDMA (which we're all assuming is the culprit here), more people die from complications of either dehydration or over-hydration as opposed to an excess/overdose of the drug. Serotonin poisoning is very real, but not the biggest threat when it comes to mortality and MDMA. People incorrectly assume that people dropping dead from heart failure and seizures because of an issue with brain chemistry, when it's usually a factor electrolyte imbalance due to improper hydration. Of course moderation is paramount, but I think that point that a lot of people are trying to make (and the point people need to be paying attention to) is the importance of proper hydration when it comes to MDMA usage and the true dangers associated with drinking either too little or too much water.

EDM is ruining America.

THIS!!!

The other day this white girl gets in my whip and ask if I like "Trap Music". Thinking she was going to play some Gucci or Waka I let her hook up her iPod. The sounds that came out of my subs were so horrific yet entertaining at the same time. One of the songs even had a Trapaholics drop at the beginning, and Juiceman's "Aye" as an adlib
roll.gif
:rofl:

I found that out a couple years ago in college that white kids are appropriating the term "trap music" to represent their EDM mess

It all started with that Gucci Mane remix album Diplo did a few years back

Then every college kid with a laptop started making trash EDM remixes and putting "Damn son where'd you find this" drops and calling it 'trap music'

I swear everyone is a goddamn follower :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
As somebody who is a long time listener or electronic music, i hope this does kill the "EDM" teenybopper, bro infested, mainstream AS **** "scene".

EDM is ruining America.

THIS!!!

The other day this white girl gets in my whip and ask if I like "Trap Music". Thinking she was going to play some Gucci or Waka I let her hook up her iPod. The sounds that came out of my subs were so horrific yet entertaining at the same time. One of the songs even had a Trapaholics drop at the beginning, and Juiceman's "Aye" as an adlib
roll.gif

I found that out a couple years ago in college that white kids are appropriating the term "trap music" to represent their EDM mess

Then every college kid with a laptop started making trash EDM remixes and putting "Damn son where'd you find this" drops and calling it 'trap music'

I do enjoy some trap music tho.

TNGHT said it best in their recent Rolling Stone interview.
The sound is often called "trap," but the duo are quick to distance themselves from the term. "Trap crowds in EDM seem to be emulating a culture they don't understand," explains Pierre. "That's not trap music!" exclaims Birchard in reply. "Trap music is about cutting bricks," says Pierre. "It's not about twerking, either! That's a whole different culture. It's a hood culture that's not the same. Everyone is so confused and it's a little annoying at times."
The whole "EDM scene" is just a bunch of followers that want to be part of something they see constantly on social media.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about the scene, but I will say RIP to a fellow SU alum in Jeffrey Russ.

EDC LV 2011 a chick went through the same thing I did. Some bad E triggered paranoid delusions. She left her friends at EDC thinking she was being followed by some people and ended up jumping out of the window of her hotel.

Get a test kit or a trusted connect and be smart about it or don't get it at all. Unless you're cool with doing low grade/risky drugs.

EDM is ruining America.

THIS!!!

roll.gif

This **** slaps tho not better than the of song but don't sound bad

C'mon son. We don't use corny terms like "butthurt" 'round here.

Now that you're "specific" (if by specific you mean kind of changing everything you said), you actually make sense. So you should try that more often.

Saying festivals are a "phase" was moronic. Coachella. Lolla. Austin City Limits. Bonnaroo. HARD. UMF. EDC etc. All quite successful for quite some time.

Then you said a few more moronic things. I just pointed that out.

Move along.
Son is tight. 
laugh.gif

I said EDM was a phase, atleast in NY.

Whats wrong with you fam. Not tht srs. 

TNGHT said it best in their recent Rolling Stone interview.

The sound is often called "trap," but the duo are quick to distance themselves from the term. "Trap crowds in EDM seem to be emulating a culture they don't understand," explains Pierre. "That's not trap music!" exclaims Birchard in reply. "Trap music is about cutting bricks," says Pierre. "It's not about twerking, either! That's a whole different culture. It's a hood culture that's not the same. Everyone is so confused and it's a little annoying at times."

The whole "EDM scene" is just a bunch of followers that want to be part of something they see constantly on social media.

EDC LV 2011 a chick went through the same thing I did. Some bad E triggered paranoid delusions. She left her friends at EDC thinking she was being followed by some people and ended up jumping out of the window of her hotel.

Get a test kit or a trusted connect and be smart about it or don't get it at all. Unless you're cool with doing low grade/risky drugs.

That was last year.

Why do you seem upset?
How? I'm educating people in this thread. I dont **** with molly or mdma. I dont like festivals like ezoo with main stream "edm". Did you take "molly" and have now learned what it really is?
sounds like some **** a hipster would say
laugh.gif

EDM as a whole genre which is basically a re-branding of techno isn't mainstream at all in whichever incarnation.

sounds like some **** a hipster would say :lol:

EDM as a whole genre which is basically a re-branding of techno isn't mainstream at all in whichever incarnation.

Dawg, you can pop **** about Fat Joe's street cred and Juelz Santana's net worth all you want, but **** outta here trying to kick knowledge to me on house music. I'm going to admit I'm a little mad you even attempted to rofl

sounds like some **** a hipster would say
laugh.gif

Dawg, you can pop **** about Fat Joe's street cred and Juelz Santana's net worth all you want, but **** outta here trying to kick knowledge to me on house music. I'm going to admit I'm a little mad you even attempted to rofl
i know enough about music to know EDM is a re-treading of house, trance, techno music that OWNS ITS BONES to hiphop..so

go sit your *** down someone b.

matter fact da WHOLE re-branding of EDM is making that genre imploded on itself because it taking all electric music thats

ever been made and compartmentalizing it under 1 umbrella (for US consumption)and da tension been mounting withing da sub sets

about "who started  what"

and "who's selling out, who's official, etc" aka a bunch of **** mainstream doesn't know exist or CARES about b.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
EDM is ruining America.

THIS!!!

roll.gif

This **** slaps tho not better than the of song but don't sound bad

Yeah that whole mixtape slaps. I actually like some of the "trap" stuff, I was just saying that there are so many trash knockoffs now from all these kids trying to hop on the next trend. And a lot of them have no idea what trap music even is.

It's the same thing with dubstep, a lot of people involved in that trend don't even know what "dub music" is and where it originated.

It's just funny to see how culture gets appropriated and proliferated throughout the masses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom