Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame

I really don't need to look at a whole lot of stats when it comes to Eli and Peyton.

When it comes to winning and winning when it matters I'm taking Eli. If it's about that ring, Eli stops throwing INTs, stops fumbling, and elevates his game to where he's flat out better than any other QB that's going to be on the field. It's like he's saving all his extra greatness in the tank for that final run and not wasting it by putting up pretty stats when they don't really matter.

If I want a guy to win me a bunch of reg season games, have amazing stats, and see a consistent exciting offense but probably won't win it all I'll pick Peyton.

Hell I pretty much expect Eli to lead the league in INTs next season again but once we're in the playoffs
pimp.gif

Spygate definitely mattered. They still have to go out and play the game but any advantage especially one as big knowing personnel packages and certain plays is huge. You can't doubt that. But with that said Brady still had to go out and throw all those passes. Throw those td's rather you know what a team does in the nickel or in a 3-4 means nothing if you can't deliver the ball.

Steelers were screwed by Spygate, could have two more appearances in the SB. F!

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Steelers were screwed by Spygate, could have two more appearances in the SB. F!

More then any other team. We should be more upset then any other franchise.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man, it's the same damn thing as watching 5 years worth of tape. 

There's tape for all teams, that we don't ever see.  All spliced together for anyone to watch. 

Them seeing how a team lines up is nothing more than a mental "edge" in their own minds. 

The Bucs were SCREAMING out the Raiders calls before plays, and it had nothing to do with watching practice, they knew the formations, the calls, all of it. 

Few years ago we beat NE 21-0, and Zach Thomas was sayin after the game that they knew every play the Pats were runnin, same ones year after year. 

there is a 40 second clock, team huddles, lines up, and you're down to 15 seconds right there, the defense don't have time to look at everyone, FROM A PRACTICE TAPE and start changing their defensive signals in the final 10-15 seconds while the QB calls out the cadence.  Come the hell on. 
laugh.gif

Mental edge, nothing more.  Makes them FEEL like they have prepared more than they really have. 
x31157746188298931.jpg

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Uhh... you're joking, right? If you see a certain package get thrown out on the field, that you KNEW the team was going to use, couldn't you dial up a defense to stop it?

Stop being blind to this. If you think that viewing tapes of walkthroughs doesn't give you an advantage, then I don't know what to tell you.
Jesus @#$%^&* Christ Chester, if Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii see a certain group of players jog on to the field, I know what the package is, it's on tv EVERY GOD DAMN SUNDAY MAN.  Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? 

Oh %+$*, here comes Aaron Hernandez and Gronk, with Welker right behind them, gee, maybe they throw the ball here, I wish I would have taped their practice to +%!%*#% figure that %+$* out.  Good God. 

@#$% man, the Oregon Ducks hold up God damn signs for everyone to read, but nobody knows how to decipher them, it's not freaking espionage it's playcalling/execution. 

Hey, here comes Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Issac Bruce and Kurt Warner, now lets see....when they were in T shirts, they were gonna run the ball over here, ya know, like they did in the previous 18 games they played, that we watched on tape, like the rest of the country did, and ESPN did, and the shows showed all their highlights, in slow motion, and rewind, etc etc etc etc etc and on and on and on. 

I think the biggest part of this you're missing is that during those walkthroughs they run their "go-to" plays, their redzone packages, etc. etc. It's a much bigger advantage than you're making it out to be.
Beyond that, it's just straight up unsportsmanlike and reflects poorly on Bellicheat's character. 

Pat's legacy is forever tainted in my eyes. If the NFL hadn't DELETED the tapes, and made it their job to expose the Pats, maybe more people would be better informed. Don't you think the deletion of the tapes shows that there was very incriminating evidence on them?

If it's a must win game and I had to choose, I'm takin Eli over Peyton. 

I understand that, and heck... I'd probably do the same thing. In clutch situations, Eli is much better than Peyton. I don't think it's an argument.

HOWEVER, for all you guys saying "Eli > Peyton" - other than postseason resume, why? Why does Eli > Peyton?

You want to know why Eli's postseason stats look so good?
2004 season - missed playoffs.
2005 season - One and done. Got shut out against Carolina.
2006 season - One and done. Beat by the Eagles.
2007 season - Super Bowl. AMAZING postseason - one of the best I've seen.
2008 season - One and done. Beat by the Eagles.
2009 season - missed playoffs.
2010 season - missed playoffs.
2011 season - Super Bowl. Another amazing postseason.

I love the guy, but he's only made it to the playoffs five times. Three of those were one and out. The other two were Super Bowls.
That's the thing though, there isn't a "other than postseason resume" that's not how you compare QBs. We not excluding that too skew the argument one way. How about you post Peyton's postseason resume so we can see the amount of opportunities he and his team have messed up.

NFL was slim shady with that whole situation, could've been handled better. Not a surprise with Roger in power

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Ultimately HoFers are compared to others of their respective position, no?

Brady, Peyton, Brees and Rodgers are 4 future locks.
Eli, Ben are the next level.

Maybe one day we'll argue Rivers, Stafford, and Killa Cam.
What about Vick does he ever get in?

Edit: only qb to not make with 2 rings is Jim Plunkett I believe.

SRS question....what would qualify Rodgers as a HOFer and not Eli??...Im really curious to know, not trying to start a dispute.

Yeah I don't get how Rodgers is a SURE lock but Eli is next level?

....and I'm not for one to compare Peyton and Eli, both will (have) establish(ed) their own legacies and neither of them even care about the comparisons.

Peyton has 4 MVP's man, has his ring, will still be one of the greatest of all time regardless of what Eli does. Eli is already making his own mark.

Rodgers is great....but it really blows my mind how dudes say he's on a higher level than Eli...

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by tim teufel

He isnt better but he does win? Lulz makes no sense to me. The reason he does win is because he's clutch when it mostly counts you play to win the game hello? Out of these two rings only one home game win and the rest on the road. No more needs to be said

that makes perfect sense. its like somebody saying robert horry is better than karl malone just because horry has tons of rings. he's clutch yea, but he also has a beast of a defense. skill wise he's not better than the people Ive named. Eli isnt going to be breakking any passing records anytime soon.

So ur saying Eli is Robert horry? Eli isn't a role player he's the reason they won it all and is the only player on that team that has been consistent all year long. You can take a qb that's breaking passing records I'll stick with one that gets me rings.

no, eli isnt robert Horry, but that was my example of over valuing rings. yes he is good, but he's not a better "player" than the qb's  named. Now when its all said and done he probably will get into the hall of fame, but not first ballot.  Also, individual play does come into play when you compare players. thats why sure roethlesberger may get into the hall of fame, but nobody is talking about him in the top 10 qb's of all time

Yeah I don't get how Rodgers is a SURE lock but Eli is next level?

Not only that, but folks feel that Rodgers has the POTENTIAL to be the best ever.

but if I say that about Eli, it's a laughing matter.

Folks get too caught up in who they want to be great and ignore facts/reason. How is it illogical to suggest the same thing for Eli?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If it's a must win game and I had to choose, I'm takin Eli over Peyton. 

I understand that, and heck... I'd probably do the same thing. In clutch situations, Eli is much better than Peyton. I don't think it's an argument.

HOWEVER, for all you guys saying "Eli > Peyton" - other than postseason resume, why? Why does Eli > Peyton?

I love the guy, but he's only made it to the playoffs five times. Three of those were one and out. The other two were Super Bowls.
That's the thing though, there isn't a "other than postseason resume" that's not how you compare QBs. We not excluding that too skew the argument one way. How about you post Peyton's postseason resume so we can see the amount of opportunities he and his team have messed up.

You're right - we also compare QBs based on career stats. Since you asked for it...

Peyton Manning - 54828 yards, 399 touchdowns, 198 interceptions, 94.9 QB rating. 4 NFL MVPs. 6x AFC player of the year. 11 Pro Bowls. 5x First-Team All Pro. 3x Second-Team All Pro. Super Bowl MVP.

Eli Manning - 27579 yards, 185 touchdowns, 129 interceptions, 82.1 QB rating. 0 NFL MVPs. 2 Pro Bowls. Super Bowl MVPx2.

Is this why Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning?
Or is Eli just more clutch than Peyton?

I agree with the second one, but the first one? Why, because he won a second ring? Too early. He *could* end up being better, but for overall career... I don't see it. Sorry.

Where's the (Peyton's) playoff rundown? That's what I asked for.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You're right - we also compare QBs based on career stats. Since you asked for it...

Peyton Manning - 54828 yards, 399 touchdowns, 198 interceptions, 94.9 QB rating. 4 NFL MVPs. 6x AFC player of the year. 11 Pro Bowls. 5x First-Team All Pro. 3x Second-Team All Pro. Super Bowl MVP.

Eli Manning - 27579 yards, 185 touchdowns, 129 interceptions, 82.1 QB rating. 0 NFL MVPs. 2 Pro Bowls. Super Bowl MVPx2.

Is this why Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning?
Or is Eli just more clutch than Peyton?

I agree with the second one, but the first one? Why, because he won a second ring? Too early. He *could* end up being better, but for overall career... I don't see it. Sorry.

good point being overlooked in the comparisons

It is just ridiculous that we are talking about how "clutch" Eli is, but he wouldn't be clutch if he didn't have a defense that held two of the most high scoring offenses in NFL history to under 20 points in two Super Bowls.

I understand that sports fans want to have talking points, but this isn't tennis, and giving the amount of praise/blame for one player on a football field that is often given to certain players is silly, and really skews reality most of the time.

Lebron has better career stats than Kobe... But Kobe's career > LBJ's

When it counts Kobe > LBJ, that's why he gets the nod from me.

Same goes with Eli and Peyton

I'm wondering if it's possible anymore to just enjoy two similar players and not have to determine who is better than the other straight up.

Thank you ESPN and national media.

Pat's legacy is forever tainted in my eyes. If the NFL hadn't DELETED the tapes, and made it their job to expose the Pats, maybe more people would be better informed. Don't you think the deletion of the tapes shows that there was very incriminating evidence on them?

I agree.  Talk about tampering with the evidence, the commissioner (the person that's suppose to be fair to the league) just straight up erased the tapes as if they never existed.  No explanation, no nothing, and alot of people simply didn't ask any questions afterwards and just fell for the banana in the tailpipe.  Thank goodness there are some folks like I and others on here to help set the record straight.   

Peyton did have Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison to help him put up those incredible numbers, Eli never really had super star receivers, after this year, expect Eli's numbers to get up there, it appears Eli has found his receivers, no way Eli is not going to have record setting seasons from here on out with healthy Manningham, Cruz and Nicks out on the field, but that we will confirm next season....the majority of the QBs you dudes slurp have had one or two superstar receivers, it took the giants a few years to develop that offense and the right combination of receivers.....ya act like QBs throw ad catch the balls
laugh.gif

All 3 receivers are equally dangerous, teams will have no answer for this and Eli is gonna tear teams up from here on it and make a lot of people eat their words, just like he did through this post season run.

Originally Posted by hugebird

It is just ridiculous that we are talking about how "clutch" Eli is, but he wouldn't be clutch if he didn't have a defense that held two of the most high scoring offenses in NFL history to under 20 points in two Super Bowls.
Lets just disregard how clutch Eli was when the defense was stinking up the place and he had to pull wins out of his rear end for the entire season.
and ksteezy, Manningham will be gone this off-season, some team will pay him as if he is a #1 receiver when he is not.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

no way Eli is not going to have record setting seasons from here on out with healthy Manningham, Cruz and Nicks out on the field

I'm just quoting this for future use. Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom