Eli Manning will be in the Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

What does the Bulls and LeBron/ DWade have to do with this thread?
laugh.gif

Not a single thing... just another unsuccessful attempt at trying to rile me up
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by AG 47

Is a coincidence that 49er fans are the ones going the hardest on Spygate? That's kind of like me saying Pats 2002 SB doesn't count because of the tuck rule.

Yep, tuck rule and Spygate are definitely one in the same. I never thought of it like that until now, but man... you sold me.

Good shot at the 49ers fans, though! Really got 'em!

No shots. Just something I noticed. Almost as if you guys feel threatened by Tom Brady's success. As if that somehow makes Joe Montana's career less remarkable.

Maybe I'm just reaching as only you guys would know for sure, but it's funny from the outside looking in.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by cguy610

This is to the point where it's just funny. Eli better than Peyton? If Eli is better than Peyton, he's also better than Rodgers and Brees.

Talk about prisoners of the moment. 7 weeks ago Eli was about to get the coach fired.

Basically, y'all saying Eli is now top 10 All time cause Peyton and Brady are definitely top 10 All Time.

How was Eli gettin the coach fired? He's been carrying this team on his back all year. Eli ain't better than Peyton period. Eli is definitely gaining on him. He broke Peyton's record this year for 4th qrt TD's. Eli this year did what Peyton has done his whole career, carry a team. Peyton hasn't had the D-line to back him up like Eli. But like I said lil bro is gaining on him. 7 - 1 on the road in the playoffs.....
Just to respond to this question.  Eli does play for the Giants right?  Or Eli is only responsible for the playoff wins and nothing else?
laugh.gif
  So when Eli wins, it's all Eli, but when they lose during the regular season and they want to fire the coach, it has nothing to do with Eli and it's just everyone else. 

As QB of the team, if your coach gets fired, you are a part of it. 

At this moment? Maybe. If he continues to play the way he's playing? Definitely. If his play starts to decline from this point on? Probably.

93985522.png

So, according to the people saying Eli is better than Peyton, that would make Eli also better than the following players:

Brett Favre
Tom Brady
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Bart Starr
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Kurt Warner

Just to name a few.

Yeah and I aint mad at that list
pimp.gif

Interesting that you think Peyton is better than all those QBs though.

93985522.png

So, according to the people saying Eli is better than Peyton, that would make Eli also better than the following players:

Brett Favre
Tom Brady
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Bart Starr
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Kurt Warner

Just to name a few.
So you're saying Peyton is better than John Elway and Tom Brady?

aha_gif.gif

93985522.png

Brett Favre
Tom Brady
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Bart Starr
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Kurt Warner

Just to name a few.

Troy Aikman? lol
Roger Staubach? lol

Bart Starr? lol

And no, Eli is not better than Peyton; but he could be.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

93985522.png

Brett Favre
Tom Brady
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Bart Starr
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Kurt Warner

Just to name a few.

Troy Aikman? lol
Roger Staubach? lol

Bart Starr? lol

And no, Eli is not better than Peyton; but he could be.
You think Eli is better than Aikman and Staubach(the best Cowboy QB ever).  Slap yourself. 

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Brett Favre
Tom Brady
John Elway
Dan Marino
Roger Staubach
Terry Bradshaw
Bart Starr
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Kurt Warner

Just to name a few.
So you're saying Peyton is better than John Elway and Tom Brady?
Nope, I'm not discussing Peyton vs Elway and Brady right now.  I'm talking about whether ya'll think Eli is better than all these guys. 

Welp, this thread was fun while it lasted. See y'all next off-season.

laugh.gif

Most people made valid arguments for both sides. some people just yell out nope this person is better with no factual statements to back it up. The whole debate is whose the best of the best. All these dudes are great. It's all opinion though. Experts and people around football seem to agree that Peyton is better but only time will tell.

I have AR ranked above Eli simply because I think he's better, he'll finish his career w/ better numbers and I think he'll win another ring too.

If you asked me what QBs I wanted to start my franchise today, I'd go Killa Cam as No 1, then AR would be the 2nd QB.
I think Eli has locked his spot in the HoF tho. 2 Super Bowl MVPs should do that.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I have AR ranked above Eli simply because I think he's better, he'll finish his career w/ better numbers and I think he'll win another ring too.

If you asked me what QBs I wanted to start my franchise today, I'd go Killa Cam as No 1, then AR would be the 2nd QB.
I think Eli has locked his spot in the HoF tho. 2 Super Bowl MVPs should do that.

I agree with you but that same argument you said earlier that Ben wasn't a HOF qb. Both Super bowls his receivers were the MVP but he was the one throwing the ball.
Thought this was interesting read on this subject. Pro Eli

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/06/manning-vs-roethlisberger-for-hall-of-fame/

The comments were ok as well. It's an NY blog so most comments are a bit one sided.

30t6p3b.gif
@ this thread ... i'm not even gonna gravedig ... few eli supporters over the years including giants fans ... even after he won his first ...

prisoners of the moment ... true ...

eli is great /thread ... he will get to hall of fame with another 5 years of solid play

Is a coincidence that 49er fans are the ones going the hardest on Spygate? That's kind of like me saying Pats 2002 SB doesn't count because of the tuck rule.

Yep, tuck rule and Spygate are definitely one in the same. I never thought of it like that until now, but man... you sold me.

No shots. Just something I noticed. Almost as if you guys feel threatened by Tom Brady's success. As if that somehow makes Joe Montana's career less remarkable.

Maybe I'm just reaching as only you guys would know for sure, but it's funny from the outside looking in.
The only reason I think you are reaching is because there has been all of ONE 49er fan in this thread making comments about the video tapes.....yet somehow that equated to a bunch of 49er fans making comments.

No hate though.  You seem to be a Raider fan that doesnt despise the 49ers and do not seem to have a problem keeping the 49ers out of your mouth (unlike your buddy).

That list must be old. I don't know what year but Peyton ahead of Brady
laugh.gif

...and btw having any receiver other than Rice above Randy Moss
30t6p3b.gif

If Eli retired today, he isnt a Hall of Famer. Sorry.

If Eli continues to develop, and put together a long career full of solid-elite seasons, sure, he would be a Hall of Famer.

As it currently stands, I really dont understand how this is even a discussion. Hall of Fame, not Hall of Very Good.

Elite players make the Hall of Fame. Eli has had one elite season.

Originally Posted by thejrob

That list must be old. I don't know what year but Peyton ahead of Brady
laugh.gif

...and btw having any receiver other than Rice above Randy Moss
30t6p3b.gif
It's the NFL Network 100 greatest players list from like 1 year ago.

If Eli retired today, he isnt a Hall of Famer. Sorry. 

If Eli continues to develop, and put together a long career full of solid-elite seasons, sure, he would be a Hall of Famer. 

He actually doesn't even need to do that at this point, 2 in 4 years and the way he won them, the playoff stats and numbers, the clutch drives.....he doesn't even need another ring to get in. 

Eli has a long way to go before he even retires, even a few more solid seasons and its a lock. He doesn't need several more seasons of carrying his team like he did this season, although it would be a surprise if he didn't since he's all business.

How many times has Eli been top 3 or top 5 in MVP voting? edit: Nvm. 1 vote system. Thought it was like other sports. 

As QB of the team, if your coach gets fired, you are a part of it.  
nah i dont think so Eli carried this team on his back for those 9 wins......think about it he tied with alex smith for most reg season come from behind wins with 5 most of the wins came with eli being clutch, yes he did have bad games but he was by far their best player throughout the season and he got his team into the playoffs with the worst rushing team in the NFL and a defense that allowed more points than it scored....do you realize how insane that is? i highly doubt any other team has made the playoffs with a defense that allowed more points than the offense scored and worst rushing team in the NFL

Eli is on his way....don't forget he hopefully has 8 seasons left, i think he needs a MVP season or another ring to be a luck......since late in the 07 season Eli's QB rating(which is a bs system) is at least 90 .....he qb rating is now higher than brady's in the playoffs

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]he will get MVP votes if he is top 5 TDs in his team is a 1 seed, he has lead his team to a 1 seed before.....if giants go 13-3 next season and Eli throws 32 TDs 12 ints dont you think they give him the MVP over rodgers or brees with approx 40 TDs 10 ints? i think his playoff success will help get an MVP if he is close with those guys......for that to happen run game and oline needs to improve, Eli had his worst season in play action this season, with improved run game his stats will definitely be better next season[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]can Eli win 2-3 more? whats great is the age of nicks and cruz if they add a above avg TE and RB improves team can be scary for a long time their young core is among the best in the NFL [/font]

Originally Posted by dland24

You seem to be a Raider fan that doesnt despise the 49ers and do not seem to have a problem keeping the 49ers out of your mouth (unlike your buddy).

Back
Top Bottom