Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

why are andrew tate and elon musk showing up in my notifications when i don’t follow either? i don’t want to read what either of them have to tweet.
2DD9191B-9C96-4959-8DE3-D30F2D0268D8.jpeg

Same! I ended up hitting the "not interested" button on it.

Second, no one said he was an idiot nor did anyone say they were smarter than him.
i would say he has been an idiot at times.

does he have some redeeming qualities and has he done some good things in his life? yes.

did he expose himself this past year as somebody who is not actually as smart or clever as he and his followers claim he is? for sure.

I'll give him credit for being less of a fraud than trump. but he is often way off on both small and big things in a way that a true "genius" would not be.

so I don't care how much money he has. if anything... this genius has lost more money this year than any human in history.

i would say he has been an idiot at times.

does he have some redeeming qualities and has he done some good things in his life? yes.

did he expose himself this past year as somebody who is not actually as smart or clever as he and his followers claim he is? for sure.

I'll give him credit for being less of a fraud than trump. but he is often way off on both small and big things in a way that a true "genius" would not be.

so I don't care how much money he has. if anything... this genius has lost more money this year than any human in history.

Your post is spot on. Despite his missteps, I am just playing it safe by refraining from calling him an “idiot” so I do not incite his internet bodyguard in here. I think a major part of Elon’s problems is that he has good ideas and perhaps intentions (or at least he did) but at times he seems to move entirely too fast and as if he didn’t fully flesh out his plans leading to poor execution, problems and bad press.

Whether you think they are geniuses are not, when you talk about folks like Jobs, Gates, Bezos and Zuckerberg the thing they have in common to me is that between each of them and their respective counsel, they seem to know what they are doing. Elon just seems to act beyond reproach and goes rogue doing whatever he wants even if it is not the best move. If he slowed down and kept things a bit simpler I think he would be better off. His enterprise has undoubtedly grown and while it might have grown profitably, IMO he didn’t necessarily do it sustainably like the other folks I mentioned.

That’s the thing. A lot of these people call others sheeple or sheep yet they are like a cult which is even worse. People refuse to look into a mirror sometimes. No different than a junkie.
They completely lack self-awareness too, which is why I don't bother, there's no winning that argument or getting through, ya'll just frustrating yourselves.

Why don’t people stop using Twitter?

Is it really that vital?

Because there is no reason to stop using the platform now that wasn't available for the past 10 years :lol:, the only people really trying to leave are the ones who can't stand Elon that much (which is like 0.0001 percent)

elon's a dickhead & he's rich, so people "hate" him just not enough to inconvenience them in anyway. So they will continue to use the platform while consistently tweeting about how horrible of a person Elon is

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink I can’t entirely tell from the tenor of your post but are you suggest more users should boycott Twitter?

Personally IDC what anyone else does, i won't be boycotting Twitter.

all i'm saying is that while there was a lot of talk about boycotting twitter, for the most part that mass exodus hasn't happened & it won't because like most things online these days it's all performative :lol:. These people morals start when the opportunity for money ends & too many of these "woke" people who hate musk make too good of a living being grifters on Twitter

all i'm saying is that while there was a lot of talk about boycotting twitter, for the most part that mass exodus hasn't happened & it won't because like most things online these days it's all performative :lol:. These people morals start when the opportunity for money ends & too many of these "woke" people who hate musk make too good of a living being grifters on Twitter

Ah okay. I generally see where you’re coming from. I don’t like, especially this version but at the same time I am pragmatic and realize that it is the best real-time aggregator of information that I am interested in so I continue to use it. I would gladly use an alternative if it was as effective, though but since that doesn’t exist at the moment…. I still use Twitter :lol:

It seems like your posts are aimed at a very specific demographic, though so I will leave it at that.

I agree. For me it’s more about me making the decision for myself, not necessarily if everyone is going to follow suit. I wouldn’t even call it boycotting. That’s putting too much expectation on factors outside of myself.

Majority of people out there are just talking. It take a good 10 seconds to delete the app from your phone.

Not to sound like I’m on my high horse. Just feels like people can’t make these decisions independent of the hive mind.

I haven’t been on Twitter in like a decade tho, so I’m sure I’m missing the utility of it all in everyone’s lives.

I agree. For me it’s more about me making the decision for myself, not necessarily if everyone is going to follow suit. I wouldn’t even call it boycotting. That’s putting too much expectation on factors outside of myself.

Majority of people out there are just talking. It take a good 10 seconds to delete the app from your phone.

Not to sound like I’m on my high horse. Just feels like people can’t make these decisions independent of the hive mind.

I haven’t been on Twitter in like a decade tho, so I’m sure I’m missing the utility of it all in everyone’s lives.
It began as an extension of NT. We have a community on there that works well with the format Twitter provides. Most of us would love an alternative but there's nothing that works as well and it's also uncertain if enough people would move to the new format. That said, Twitter is glitching badly today, so that might facilitate an exodus.

To be more specific: Twitter DMs are easy to use and embed tweets, articles, videos, etc pretty well. Sure, we could use Facebook or Whatsapp instead but it's different groups of people and it's hard to migrate everybody.

The timeline is unique because it is heavily tailored to whom you follow (so for me it's lots of NTers, sports, etc) but also you can include anybody. During covid, I followed epidemiologists and virologists. It's easy to include or exclude politics. Etc.

Ultimately many of us have been on there 10+ years. Not as long as here but enough that it's not a community you can easily replace or move.

I've found my user experience hasn't changed all that much because I don't use the official Twitter app. I've used a couple different ones over the years, but am currently using Harpy Free. There are a few weird things about it that I wish would change, but it's still far better than the actual Twitter app.

just read the article.

the toilet paper thing is a small part of it. there's a lot of severe cost-cutting measures. it's a bold strategy. let's see if it pays off for them.

1672383632653.gif

NT/The internet has to stop playing with me, man. Bold and extreme doesn’t even begin to describe this strategy. If conditions are so bad that you have to bring in your own toilet paper why even go to the office? He somehow manages to prove himself to be less and less serious every day. Amazing stuff.

How do you control body odor smells?

Who raised you?

Back
Top Bottom