Employees Don’t Have a Right to Wear Dreadlocks Ruled 3-0 In the Court Of Appeals.. Thoughts? Do you

this....

You'd be surprised at how many people think that it's OK to be in customer service with neck tattoos, face piercings etc. A companies main goal is to make CUSTOMERS feel more comfortable. Employees should all work together to do that.

Folks keep bringing up next tats and facial piercings as if this guy

View media item 2172812

and this guy

View media item 2172809

Are similar in terms of professional appearance

FOH.

Exactly. It's the same how Mark Cuban was tryna say a black dude in a hoody is just as scary as a skinhead with a bunch of tats. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
As soon as I saw the tie was around his neck and not collar, I was like "This dude must be selling pipe for a living"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm dead at people thinking that there is no such thing as clean cut dreads. Everyone's dreads don't look like the weeknds

Or Gunplay :lol:

this....

You'd be surprised at how many people think that it's OK to be in customer service with neck tattoos, face piercings etc. A companies main goal is to make CUSTOMERS feel more comfortable. Employees should all work together to do that.

Folks keep bringing up next tats and facial piercings as if this guy

View media item 2172812

and this guy

View media item 2172809

Are similar in terms of professional appearance

FOH.

Exactly. It's the same how Mark Cuban was tryna say a black dude in a hoody is just as scary as a skinhead with a bunch of tats. :lol: :smh:

Cuban thought he was making such a great point when he couldn't have been further from the truth :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, and yes, I get that you can make stuff look professional like pics above, but, I can't call it "racial" until I see a little bit more, like the hiring history and other parts of the dress code.
Dress code is business professional, but they are quite lenient. :lol: Our store manager is a half black half white lady and we have everyone from black to white to middle eastern and Hispanic and Asian as far as employees. Nordstrom kinda prides itself on hiring with diversity. One of the higher up's on the Inventory/Shipping side is a real cool black dude named Bryan. I myself am Black.(if that matters)

As black people, this is only a problem when we sit in front of them begging for employment. When we own and create thus putting us in the seats of employers, we can laugh at the primitive thinking and behavior (which is innate, so no point in trying to convince them of anything different).

As black people, this is only a problem when we sit in front of them begging for employment. When we own and create thus putting us in the seats of employers, we can laugh at the primitive thinking and behavior (which is innate, so no point in trying to convince them of anything different).

But how do we get to that point when blacks go out of their way to not shop at BoB? When as a black business owner you're better off hiding that fact or when you're told to succeed you should disavow appealing to black customers who wont shop at your business anyways?

It'll never change if the social consciousness remains the same. 

Last edited:
How do you guys not understand the concept of "maintain a clean cut, professional appearance"?

You can't expect to be taken seriously going over Q4 projections looking like ******* Lil' Jon.

:lol: [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Again why GOPuddinhood feel the need to speak on matters that involve Black folks. We understand the imitation however that does not give you a pass to feel like you can speak on anything related to us. We may share ancestors but you're a pop tart just like the rest of middle America, not built like ANY of us. Do us all a solid & stay in your damn lane.

Last edited:

lets keep it a buck, we can all agree that clean, presentable dreadlocks is a fairly new thing.

25-long-ponytail-dreadlocks.jpg

before Busta Rhymes frankly changing da game

Busta-Rhymes.jpg

everyone's dreads used to look like
normal_299247_522892897754155_1906846991_n.jpg

:x
This ***** really said clean presentable dreads is a new thing

uhh, yea it is...i'm old enough to remember when shape ups and tapered cut wit da needle sideburns first came out.

all this progress in dreadlock fashion aint exist till recent.

braided dreads, wit shape ups and lineups weren't around back then... period.

there's a old Nas song where he notes describing some street cat "being da 1st dude he seen having dreads wit a fade"

krs_source1095.jpg

this a 1995 issue of da Source which i own.. your dreads were either KRS or

d7d49c100115a4dcbe468330885776b8.jpg

or Das Efx.

0103_christopher_martin_ap-1.jpg

this was about as far as dreads had gotten with a modern interpretation before Busta Rhymes introduced da braided dreads...so i can see how corporate America's glacial dress policy standards aint catch up to da progress Dreads been thru since da late 90's.

Again why GOPuddinhood feel the need to speak on matters that involve Black folks. We understand the imitation however that does not give you a pass to feel like you can speak on anything related to us. We may share ancestors but you're a pop tart just like the rest of middle America, not built like ANY of us. Do us all a solid & stay in your damn lane.

Bye_Manny_medium.jpg

**** a clean cut / shaven face.

It's 2016 let that hair grow and let your beard flourish!!

stopped reading right here

that there ignorance
it's not ignorance, it's reality. The unfortunate truth is that clean cut is the rule opposed to the exception. Sooner or later, rules change, when more progressive people are put into power to make those rules. Unfortunately, in customer service, someone had to make a judgement call. Without actually being there, and seeing how this person was presented, it's hard to make a call towards 'racism' keep in mind that unlike skin color, hair style can be changed.

Example: let's say that someone has a skin condition that gives them massive odor, and nothing he did could control it. Would you consider that person to be fit for customer service? Would it be discriminatory to not hire that person for the position. I take it akin to requiring employees to be clean shaven or for men to have short hair to work.

At the same time, the person hiring could also just be a douchebag. We will never know because we don't know who these people are.

Last edited:
it's not ignorance, it's reality. The unfortunate truth is that clean cut is the rule opposed to the exception. Sooner or later, rules change, when more progressive people are put into power to make those rules. Unfortunately, in customer service, someone had to make a judgement call. Without actually being there, and seeing how this person was presented, it's hard to make a call towards 'racism' keep in mind that unlike skin color, hair style can be changed.

Example: let's say that someone has a skin condition that gives them massive odor, and nothing he did could control it. Would you consider that person to be fit for customer service? Would it be discriminatory to not hire that person for the position. I take it akin to requiring employees to be clean shaven or for men to have short hair to work.

At the same time, the person hiring could also just be a douchebag. We will never know because we don't know who these people are.

The fact that you have to go to something so extreme to make your point is funny to me. :lol:

The problem y'all are making is associating dreads = lack of hygiene, which is a slap in my face.

Again, go back 60 years... The same arguments y'all are making about dreads are the same arguments people made about skin color.

Son with the tie on his neck is rocking a DC area staple. With all the intelligent brothers out here making 6 figures looking like that they wouldn't dare try.

The fact that you have to go to something so extreme to make your point is funny to me. :lol:

The problem y'all are making is associating dreads = lack of hygiene, which is a slap in my face.

Again, go back 60 years... The same arguments y'all are making about dreads are the same arguments people made about skin color.
I don't know, maybe my perspective is skewed. I see more white people with dreads around me than black. Seriously. I can count on one hand how many black people I've seen with dreads in person, and at least 4 were football players. I've seen at least 50 different white people with dreads. But it's Hawaii, and to be honest, 50% of the black people I run into are military, where it's not allowed.

Back
Top Bottom