EMS QUESTION

Originally Posted by alco

It's probably EMS Express that's why it got stuck in the post office. Its a pair of Nike SBs.

Apparently they are looking for the receipt or the invoice of the value of the shoes so they could determine how much to "tax". The seller probably did not include any inside the box since it was marked as "gift". I also told the people at the post office that obviously it is a gift so why would the sender attach a receipt!
That is just weird man.
eek.gif
you mentioned it's marked as gift with low value right? how much is it? theycalculate the tax using the declared value. if it's around 40USD, your tax might be around 1.7k++.

I suggest you appeal to their emotions and good heart by asking them to just let it pass, anyway it's just gift that you got from a friend or something

and just like what pareng Bong above suggested, try asking them if they can let it pass. fosho, these guys are just waiting for you to give them the'lagay'...
hope you get them without spending much....

I tried talking to them about letting it pass, giving them something for their trouble, or if there was someone higher I could talk to but they still insistedI provide an invoice of the product. I'm trying to contact the sender to provide me one but if not, I hope someone with "higher powers" can helpme out hehehe

Does customs honor Paypal invoices/receipts?

I don't think there was a declared value or I just couldn't find it anywhere in the package.. probably that's why they are asking for an invoice orreceipt? I've dealt with packages sent before without any value & it was either customs would just charge me 35 pesos or make up their own value &compute tax from that.. nothing like this has happened until today..

I'm awaiting the response of the sender regarding the declared value he placed before shipping.

The only details I have is the tracking number and scanned copy of the receipt proving he shipped the item.. there is no value there either..

I just hope the item is cheap man. you might end up paying more money on tax than the shoe itself.
Greedy people are still out there...tsk tsk...

I suggest you make a fake receipt, fax it to yourself and show it to them.

They wouldn't even know if it's real or fake.

Naghahabol ng malaking collection ang bureau of customs ngayon. Ask the seller na ibaba yung value ng nike. But I guess hindi maniniwala ang taga-customs ngganun kaliit.

Hi guys, need help with a problem from customs. I have a package that is stuck at the Las Pinas post office right now. They wouldn't release it because there was no invoice/receipt with the package so they couldn't determine the tax to be deducted. I told them that it was a gift therefore no receipt is attached. Package was already marked as gift with a low value. Still they insist I provide an invoice or they would not release the shoes...

anyone who can help me out?

bluebattsoulja wrote:
Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Okay

A little EMS update.

I sent 2 boxes to the Philippines last week.

Upon arrival, stupid EMS sent the boxes straight to customs for pick-up instead of delivering them.

When the recipient went to the Pasay office to get the boxes, he was charged 19,000 pesos after the examiner opened the packages and checked every item. They assessed everything valued at $1,500. They were so pissed because the declared value was only $150.
laugh.gif
">

Good thing my connect was with him (retired Philpost employee) so he only ended up paying 5,000 pesos.

I'm still heated though. Bunch of hungry @#%$.

If anyone needs help in picking up a package, let me know. My connect can always help you out for a minimal fee (he was given 500 pesos in a sealed envelope). I only suggest this if you can't justify the misdeclared/under declared goods that you'll be receiving. It will also help if you have a receipt (I suggest you scan an original receipt, photoshop the prices, print it out and have it photo copied) to show those greedy bastards. They can't do jack once you show them the receipt even if the prices are ridiculously low.

This is only the second time that an EMS package I sent was forwarded to customs. I guess they're trying to make up for all those lost $$$ when EMS burned down a few weeks ago.

I'm just thankful that the boxes have been released now. Paying an extra $100 is not bad at all especially when the total amount of the items I sent is over $6,000.

laugh.gif
">
Yahoo and AOL IM: kingcrux31
FOR SALE: UPDATED JULY 8, 2007
NikeTalk's Rules of Conduct
Welcome to NikeTalk Philippines
Philippines Sneaker Guide

if my connect was there you would pay nothing!
roll.gif

Hi guys, need help with a problem from customs. I have a package that is stuck at the Las Pinas post office right now. They wouldn't release it because there was no invoice/receipt with the package so they couldn't determine the tax to be deducted. I told them that it was a gift therefore no receipt is attached. Package was already marked as gift with a low value. Still they insist I provide an invoice or they would not release the shoes...

anyone who can help me out?
just give them 500. worked for me the last time. they showed me this random computation. i also claimed the shoes were a gift and that it wasaround $20

usually i ask a favor from local city police or a traffic police to pick it up for me.

if you know how to talk to these guys, getting your package should be that easy they'll just pretend as you're relative or a close friend.

I've done it twice in Pasay and in Mandaluyong, i normally do this if my package is a bit expensive and brand new.

I don't think there was a declared value or I just couldn't find it anywhere in the package.. probably that's why they are asking for an invoice or receipt? I've dealt with packages sent before without any value & it was either customs would just charge me 35 pesos or make up their own value & compute tax from that.. nothing like this has happened until today..

I'm awaiting the response of the sender regarding the declared value he placed before shipping.

The only details I have is the tracking number and scanned copy of the receipt proving he shipped the item.. there is no value there either..
Bro, what happened? Can you give us an update? It's a good thing we know about this so that everybody will know what to do nexttime...
Hope you got your package...

from my experience, as long as the item is marked at a high price, it goes straight to customs no matter what. even if it was marked as a gift.
I've had 4 items shipped via ems that went straight to customs and all were marked $150 and above. I had to pay 'taxes' ranging from 2000 - 4000

I once ordered a camera from eBay worth $170 and was marked the same and those greedy ****s saw that it was a camera and told me I had to pay 13,000 peso taxbecause it was a gadget.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

they wouldnt believe that it was just $170 because it had a lot of freebies inside (memory card, mem card ready, tiny tripod etc)
even though I was fuming inside I kept my composure and tried my best to make paawa and it worked... kinda. I said I didn't have enough money so they said2000 nalang. I tried to lower it but they wouldn't settle for less and I was getting impatient so I paid the 2000 and left.

If you guys don't want to go through that kind of trouble again, you can buy through me. I just charge a minimal fee for my services and you won't haveto worry about taxes, haggling and all. I will shoulder that and all you have to do is wait for the kicks to be delivered at your doorstep
wink.gif

Originally Posted by shrooms

from my experience, as long as the item is marked at a high price, it goes straight to customs no matter what. even if it was marked as a gift.
I've had 4 items shipped via ems that went straight to customs and all were marked $150 and above. I had to pay 'taxes' ranging from 2000 - 4000

I once ordered a camera from eBay worth $170 and was marked the same and those greedy ****s saw that it was a camera and told me I had to pay 13,000 peso tax because it was a gadget.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

they wouldnt believe that it was just $170 because it had a lot of freebies inside (memory card, mem card ready, tiny tripod etc)
even though I was fuming inside I kept my composure and tried my best to make paawa and it worked... kinda. I said I didn't have enough money so they said 2000 nalang. I tried to lower it but they wouldn't settle for less and I was getting impatient so I paid the 2000 and left.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that bro...

Well in my case, I've ordered so many items through eBay/US hookups as well and everything from 2008 and before, that were shipped through EMSExpress (USPS EXPRESS if from US), arrived at our doorstep. The reason behind this was because I've had the items requested to be "Marked asgift" with "low value of below $50" from the sellers/senders. (I was told by an EMS employee that anything above $50 even if it's marked asgift will end up in the customs officer's hand, no matter what).

What is weird this time is that, few items I've had shipped this year 2009 through EMS EXpress (USPS EXPRESS) with same exact process (even with value of$30) are now being held by customs officers. I believe it could be that they've known me to import almost every month before
laugh.gif
and/or they are indeed doing this to increase their collections for2009.
mad.gif

Just to add also, items that goes through the local post office is normally sent in Priority shipping mode (not Express)... well I'm speaking about thisbecause I experienced them.

It's best that you all get your items shipped through USPS EXPRESS Mail (from US) or EMS Express (Asia).

Tracking # for Express would have a format like this:

"ExxxxxxxxxxUS" wherein E stands for Express and US for country of origin (It could be JP for Japan and so on...)

Tracking # for Priority would have a format like the Express Except for the first letter not to be "E". (It could be any letter as far as whatI've known).

Hope this can help some of us who intends to get stuff from abroad. Too bad, Nike PI can't give us all the US/QS/Tier 0 releases we need...

Yes I've been buying stuff from US based online shops and eBay and have them shipped via USPS EMS.
I agree though, all items that are marked under $50 are delivered straight.

finally got my package! Thanks for all your help NT!!

feathertouch: I tried to contact bluebattsoulja already but he said that his connections were only for the Pasay Post Office.

followed kingcrux's advice and just made my own invoice/receipt based on the value declared by the sender.. unfortunately they didn't believe it wasthat low & of course made their own "computation". I ended up paying P1+k!!!
mad.gif
I didn't bother arguing anymore because it was already my second trip backthere for the same shoe & got to a heated argument before so just paid & left immediately.

With what I've experience with online ordering, I usually just follow what shipping option the seller uses (express or priority). The first few timesI've used Express with packages marked as gift & with a value below $50, it was always delivered to my doorstep costing P35 only. Then lately even withitems shipped Express, marked as gift & value below $50, I get notices to pick them up at Pasay Post office. Of course when I got their to claim thepackage, they did not believe the price indicated in the package and made their own "computation" so I get taxed more! I do get a discount aftertalking to them but I shouldn't have paid anything at all in the first place! I think what foshizzle said is right, they are probably getting to know whichpeople keep receiving packages from abroad & of the same kind.. increasing collections in 2009 for the government and probably themselves! hahaha

That's why sometimes I don't mind packages being shipped Priority because I'm from Alabang and Las Pinas Post Office is nearer than the Pasayoffice. Again same thing with the Pasay Post office, all my packages before that I got from Las Pinas were taxed based on the declared value on the packageonly, no questions asked no matter how low the value was. This is the first time they didn't believe the declared value & made their own"computation". I guess their starting to realize that I've been receving packages from abroad a lot & they could get more "tax"payments from me
mad.gif

I don't know about other post offices but Las Pinas branch sucks!
mad.gif
Ibelieve some people here had also bad dealings with them.

Also, I heard that some post offices are starting to computerize their systems this year... maybe good or bad news for us.

^^^ Regardless of whether or not they automate the system at the post office, custom duties and taxes are here to stay. It's what's legal andthat's the right of the government and their strategy to encourage local entrepreneurship by protecting the local players and those who pay taxes to importtheir products here.

Customs is smarter than we think. They know that people normally ask sellers to just mark as gift and put a low value so they can get away with not paying anytaxes. I pay taxes myself but what I do is just build a good relationship with these guys so they would have a heart and not tax me too much.

Well, I guess chamba chamba lang yan. Some of your packages will be tax free and some won't. You can only hope that if it gets taxed that you won'thave to pay too much that buying the stuff isn't worth it anymore

will i be getting the same kind of problems if i shipped via johnny air?

Based on some previous posts, I think Johnny Air will be straight to your doorstep. That depends though on the declaration of the package. I don't thinkthere is a package from abroad brought in legally that won't go through customs clearance.

LBC's balikbayan boxes are normally not taxed though as well as those packages that are sent via surface mail which takes a month or so to arrive

how come JAC is asking me if for personal or commercial use mga paship ko shoes?4 pairs lng nman minsan 2 pairs...hmmmm...is there a limit for the number ofpairs i can inlcude in the shipment?im just worried bka mahold nnman sa customs

Back
Top Bottom