End of an Era...Niketalk is finished

I like the new NT....well updated w/e....I just don't think some of you guys like change...that's cool and all Everyone has opinions

While you are right, we've kind of known that this was an inevitability and a bridge we'd eventually have to cross.
Look, I realize that I sound like I'm coming of as a "company guy", and that's fine. But getting away from our previous situation and making these changes means a lot to being more responsive to what you guys as the community want to see in NikeTalk.
This isn't a deal-breaker. This isn't digg V4 (which is what pushed a bunch of people like me away from digg to reddit, and inevitably took it from a multi-million dollar website to the a company worth 500k as of last week when it was purchased). NikeTalk works exactly the same way it did before the move. People will say they hate it, and they probably do. But I don't think the way NikeTalk looked was what made people come and stay. Things like "Wallet Breakers" made people stay. Henzo's stoneface made people stay.
We're good, man. Trust me.
Bastitch made me stay. :evil:

I like the new layout. I'm kinda gonna miss the simplicity of NT. Its a little complex and its gonna take a little while to get used to.

While you are right, we've kind of known that this was an inevitability and a bridge we'd eventually have to cross.
Look, I realize that I sound like I'm coming of as a "company guy", and that's fine. But getting away from our previous situation and making these changes means a lot to being more responsive to what you guys as the community want to see in NikeTalk.
This isn't a deal-breaker. This isn't digg V4 (which is what pushed a bunch of people like me away from digg to reddit, and inevitably took it from a multi-million dollar website to the a company worth 500k as of last week when it was purchased). NikeTalk works exactly the same way it did before the move. People will say they hate it, and they probably do. But I don't think the way NikeTalk looked was what made people come and stay. Things like "Wallet Breakers" made people stay. Henzo's stoneface made people stay.
We're good, man. Trust me.

Preach brotha, preach.

But forreal, Yuku was horrible and this actually is a step in the right direction. Having said that, the communication was terrible (pretty much nobody knew this was coming, and therefore we couldn't prepare). Also, the ads are extremely OD and some other minor things need to be fixed. While I am confident that you COULD have kept the old layout on this new huddler site if you (Meth) really wanted to, it is what it is. While I am not happy by any means, I guess I am content for now.

Do I still have the NT emblem under my avy? Or my sig? :nerd:

edit: I guess my sig disappeared. why does my avy have white borders?

Last edited:
Wow, dont know what to think. I had Niketalk General saved as a tab for quick access and it relocated me to Sneakertalk and I lost it. Was quite mad about the changes but glad that Niketalk still exist but this isn't exactly better... I miss the old NT...

For those surprised, join us in the thread about nothing. It's about nothing, yet it's about everything. We knew this.

Whoa, this is crazy. I was just on here this morning before I went to work, then I come home to a whole new site? Damn.

Back
Top Bottom