Evan Turner = overrated?

I know he's puttin up some crazy stats this season but i just don't get what people are seeing in him. Maybe it's cuz he's not flashy? But this is a guy you wanna take with maybe the number 1 overall pick? This is a guy you can build your whole team around? Star player? All i know is he's basically a small forward that they have playing point guard and he's taking full advantage of it by manhandling smaller players. I know a lot of people are gonna disagree with me on this, and that's okay. I just wanna hear some opinions on why this kid is supposed to be so great.

Same could have been said about Brandon Roy @ Washington. And he's better than Brandon Roy @ Washington.

I dont understand this argument...he has to have the skills to be able to pull it off to begin with. If it was as simple as manhandling opponents wouldnt we see it more frequently? Wasn't Tyreke the benefactor of it last year? He's doing okay up a level.

He's as high character of a person you will find and seems to have the work ethic to go with it.

Star? IDK...but I could almost guarantee whoever takes him is getting their moneys worth.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Same could have been said about Brandon Roy @ Washington. And he's better than Brandon Roy @ Washington.
This.

Idk what what more you need to see. He dominates at both ends of the floor and abuses whoever checks him, whether they are a PG, SG or SF.

I really don't know what else there is to do. Dude isn't a natural point, yet is playing like the best PG in the nation, and has all year. What more do you want from him?

i agree with the tyreke comparison i see that too, but this dude seems WAY less athletic than tyreke with less vision and handles. and i don't know how long turner has been a point guard but i ALWAYS remember tyreke playing point.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

i agree with the tyreke comparison i see that too, but this dude seems WAY less athletic than tyreke with less vision and handles. and i don't know how long turner has been a point guard but i ALWAYS remember tyreke playing point.
That's the thing, Evan has been playing well even though he's playing out of position. Evan is a legit 3 spot and will be one in the NBA. And Tyreke started off the season at Memphis at the 2 guard before he got moved to the 1.

and although it may mean nothing, i also can guarantee this dude will NOT look too good in the combine or workouts they'll have him go through since most of his points come off just being bigger than the person that's guarding him. and go back and watch tyreke in high school AND college and he looks a hell of alot more impressive than this dude

I wasn't directly comparing him to Tyrke, I was saying if it's as simple as being a 'big' guard...why can't any 6'6 wing go play point and have success? Need the skills...Evan's ability to run a team is evident. Diebler lives off him and Buford/Lighty to a lesser extent.

There's really not a thing he can't do on the court, the only thing that needs work is his range.

brandon roy didnt look too atheltic in washington and look at him... hes going to be fine...hes been doing work and i think he can avg 16 and 5 in the L

smh.gif
Turner is legit. I don't know what else you need to see.

Turner's a money player, who could be perfect 3rd best player and small forward for a great team...if he pans out.

legit 3 spot in the league? take a look at all the starting 3's in the league he'll be going up against and please tell me which ones you think he's better than. i wish the dude in the avy above me was at a bigger school cuz he sure as hell has more talent than turner.

lebron
melo
durant
granger
beasley
t-mac on one leg
pierce
iguodala
gerald wallace
thad young
rudy gay
odom
tayshaun
shard lewis
redd
caron butler
marion
s-jack
jefferson
ariza
kirilenko
turkoglu
anthony randolph
maggette
batum
webster

the last few might be a stretch but you see where i'm getting at....

Sounds like you have a personal vendetta against him.

Dude is so versatile. Good head on his shoulders too.

and all those dudes above me aren't so versatile??

this man is the weakest player of the year candidate in a minute, he was averaging like 8 points a game last year bro. yeah he can be a really good 3rd option, but @@$? that's what you want with your top 3 pick?

Lance Stephenson is not more talented than Evan Turner.

And Evan could hold his own against that whole list, save for Lebron, Melo, Durant, Caron, P2 and Granger.

The fact that you included half of that list on there tells me all I need to know. And Evan averaged like 17/7/4 last year. What the hell are you talking about?

Good day sir.

*leaves thread*

I've heard comparisons to Brandon Roy and Grant Hill. He looks like a heady, smart winner to me. Doesn't seem to be flashy but he's a triple double threat every damn game. I'm convinced.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ummm, Evan Turner averaged 17, 7 and 4 last season.
laugh.gif

damn i take it back i was looking at his freshman stats 
laugh.gif

and evan turner doesn't have the handles, vision, athleticism or jumper of stephenson. the two things he does have over him though are maturity and control

At first I was like
f3xu2q.jpg

at this dude saying Evan Turner was overrated

but now at this dude saying Lance "Born Ready To Shoot Whenever He Feels Like It" Stephenson is more talented than Turner...
2yv3tq9.gif

Back
Top Bottom