Evan Turner = overrated?

you're thinking like john paxson right now...you'd probably draft an athletic freak (ex. tyrus thomas) over a proven, versatile leader (brandon roy and evan turner) because you're impressed by highlight reel dunks..

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

You lost all credibility with that list you put up.

word so bron, melo, durant, pierce, granger, caron, iggy, beasley, g. wallace, gay, odom, and tayshaun aren't better than him? that's 12 small forwards right there and all of them are young still with the exception of pierce. those other guys i was just putting up cuz although they may not be star players they're all extremely versatile just the same way that he is. i don't think this dude sucks or anything i just don't think he's top 3 pick and player of the year material when you look at the players that were in those spots in the past few years.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

i just don't think he's top 3 pick and player of the year material when you look at the players that were in those spots in the past few years.

Unfortunately we don't have any one and dones putting up gaudy numbers to legitimately be in the race this year, we have been spoiled the past few years with that. Who do you think deserves the POY award?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ummm, Evan Turner averaged 17, 7 and 4 last season.
laugh.gif

damn i take it back i was looking at his freshman stats 
laugh.gif

and evan turner doesn't have the handles, vision, athleticism or jumper of stephenson. the two things he does have over him though are maturity and control

Sit down please. Have you seen Lance's jumpshot this year? That's doubtful. Lance is also not an elite level athlete.

Also, since when do we just expect guys to come in and be better than half of the players in the league at their position? Unless it's LeBron, Melo, Wade, etc.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

At first I was like
f3xu2q.jpg

at this dude saying Evan Turner was overrated

but now at this dude saying Lance "Born Ready To Shoot Whenever He Feels Like It" Stephenson is more talented than Turner...
2yv3tq9.gif
WHO IS THAT CHICK!????!!!!!! Name please

Yeah you clearly just have something against him for some reason. There's always at least one person here who goes out of their way to hate on a top prospect every year. Remember 08 when that dude was hatin hard on Derrick Rose?

i don't think this dude sucks or anything i just don't think he's top 3 pick and player of the year material when you look at the players that were in those spots in the past few years.
Dude.

What draft in recent memory would he not go top 5 in?
Yeah you clearly just have something against him for some reason.
He has to, saying +#$% like:
and evan turner doesn't have the handles, vision, athleticism or jumperof stephenson. the two things he does have over him though are maturityand control
I'm a huge Lance fan (Word to Lance > Xavier Henry), ask anybody on here, but come on bro. Lets be serious. The only thing Lance has over Evan Turner is strength.The ONLY thing Lance has had a very average year (i.e. if he comes out, he's be lucky to sneak in the end of the 1st round, likely to go in the 2nd). Lance himself has came out and said that he needs to come back and work on his jumper/decision making. It's painfully obvious you don't know WTH you are talking about.

laugh.gif
my man is comparing Turner now to the current prime SFs in the NBA. As if that means anything.

No one has called him the next MJ, no one has said he's the first pick in the draft. He's a very good college player who many think has a chance to be a very good NBA player. The guy's been doing his thing all season with teams throwing their whole game plans at him.

The draft now is almost all complete guesswork, projects, athletic freaks, 19 year olds, etc.  Turner is one that actually has proven himself. And the dude broke his back in the middle of the year
laugh.gif
.  I'm sure teams, despite what you say that he "wont look good at the combine and workouts" will gladly take him near the top of the draft and plug him in. If he doesnt end up making it then well he's like 60% of lottery picks.

I THINK what dude is trying to say is Turner doesnt have the "build" to compete and play against NBA-level SFs.... 
with that being said.... Turner is kinda slight, and doesnt have the height that Durant does to get his shot off against NBA 3s and is slightly above average athletically.

Butttt by no means do I agree with the assessment that he is OVERRATED.

Builds in the NBA is SERIOUSLY an overrated discussion. We marvel over the machines like Lebron, D12, and such but at the end of the day strength and builds are not really major dealbreakers in the NBA. There's not many people throughout the history of the game who you can point at and say "if he were bigger, he'd have been better".

^That's what I think too.  He'll prolly go back and forth between the 2 and 3 depending on the matchups in the nba. 

I love this guy.  I believe he will help an nba team right away. 

Give me Evan Turner over John Wall.....I love Wall's upside, but Turner is about as NBA-ready as you'll fiind a player currently in college b-ball. That's no knock on Wall cause I think he's an insane talent, but Turner is a guy who you can plug in on just about any team right now and he'd find a way to contribute. I'm hoping that somehow he falls in the laps of the Wizards....he'll be the face of whatever franchise he's drafted to.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Builds in the NBA is SERIOUSLY an overrated discussion. We marvel over the machines like Lebron, D12, and such but at the end of the day strength and builds are not really major dealbreakers in the NBA. There's not many people throughout the history of the game who you can point at and say "if he were bigger, he'd have been better".

I'll admit I was laughing at Durant's combine strength testing from a few years back...however, he's proven that those #'s didn't mean $%@+.  Yeah he's gotten stronger, but like you said....it wasn't a dealbreaker at all.

I'd like to see him in Minnesota. He could fit in well in the Triangle and would be ready to contribute on that team.

Evan, Jonny and Kevin.
pimp.gif

Durant was never really weak.  He just had a poor bench.  His physical makeup is not made for benching with those long arms and small chest of his.  He has more work to bring the bar down to touch his chest than the rest of us lol. 

Back
Top Bottom