Evan Turner = overrated?

Originally Posted by Buc Em

and evan turner doesn't have the handles, vision, athleticism or jumper of stephenson. the two things he does have over him though are maturity and control

alando tucker 2.0

actually now that i think of it...tucker hit a very similar last second shot to win in the 1st round of the big ten tourny too...lol

but i do like the kid

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

and evan turner doesn't have the handles, vision, athleticism or jumper of stephenson. the two things he does have over him though are maturity and control
i must have vision problems because i don't see the quote of lance stephenson > evan turner
oh and he ain't better than alando tucker was at wisconsin

i think i'm starting to hate this dude  
laugh.gif

slow, non-athletic, no shot= no transition to NBA

has some sort of ceiling, but not one put on him by the media

if anything his vision and IQ will get him playing time on a losing team.

overrated

alando 2.0 ???? alando couldnt even dribble
laugh.gif

dude finds a way to get it done..he isnt supremely athletic or silky smooth..i think hell find his niche in the nba ..well see

oh and he is from chicago. so hell be fine

Alando LMAO. He was never this good. Product of Bo Ryan more than anything.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

overrated
thank you, thank you

Please lock this thread. Can't believe someone even started this crap

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Alando LMAO. He was never this good. Product of Bo Ryan more than anything.
but was he considered for player of the year? yes

without a DOUBT i take turner over him but with what everyone is saying about how he cant dribble/shoot/ elevate hios game to the nba just reminds me of what alando had to go through

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

I've been to five OSU games, and Turner is definitely playing better and better each game. If he really works on his outside game this summer he's going to be fine in the NBA.

I know no one thinks he will, but don't rule him out to return for his senior year. Lots of rumors around campus that he wants to stay if we don't win the tourney this year. With next year's freshman class and the same starting lineup?
sick.gif
Look out...
pimp.gif
  Evan+ returning players+ Sullinger & the rest of the new class= possible Nat'l 'Chip.  yep.

From the NBA Draft thread

Holy $%%+. Chad Ford is %@@$*%@ dumb. The Sixers WILL take Evan Turner with the Number 2 pick. He is number 1 on their entire board. Don't listen to a damn thing Chad Ford has to say. The ONLY way they will trade the pick is if they get a legit starting 2 guard and a center in the deal. Jrue-Turner-Iguodala-Brand is set in stone, center is the only position up for grabs in our starting lineup. Don't worry about where I know this from.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

something about his release on his jump shot bothers me. i don't know how well he'll be able to get his shot off in the nba.

Talbert

Jeez someone must have hacked on to my Niketalk....
Or you just talk nonsense and backtracked on your previous comments.

He is good.

Not out of this world...but he is good. If this were the 2008 draft he would be lucky to get into the lottery.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

overrated
thank you, thank you
You don't need to be that athletic to be good in NBA. Ball IQ + fundamental skills > Athleticism

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Jeez someone must have hacked on to my Niketalk....
Or you just talk nonsense and backtracked on your previous comments.
Sorry you didn't sense the sarcasm in that comment. I didn't watch too much of him and he played for a college I don't like that much and I'm a big fan of John Wall so I automatically wanted to disagree with everyone claiming him as player of the year. Sorry Master Big J 33, I will think thoroughly before I post anything else on Niketalk, just for you.

Back
Top Bottom