ever meet black folk that are racist against other black folk?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

race is made up though. Creation of the other...

I argue with hispanic people who use that we're not black, we're hispanic to prove a point about the distinction between race and ethnicity. But I usually preface this by saying "you can consider yourself whatever you want". Race is a social construct, but hispanic blacks aren't any less black than a black man from Ethiopia. Hope that makes sense.
so then it's just skin color we're talking about? Cultural differences and skin color are really the only things that distinguish one human being from another. And I have a friend who is Panamanian, but he conciders himself black. I don't know what i mentioned that.

I argue with hispanic people who use that we're not black, we're hispanic to prove a point about the distinction between race and ethnicity. But I usually preface this by saying "you can consider yourself whatever you want". Race is a social construct, but hispanic blacks aren't any less black than a black man from Ethiopia. Hope that makes sense.
so then it's just skin color we're talking about? Cultural differences and skin color are really the only things that distinguish one human being from another. And I have a friend who is Panamanian, but he conciders himself black. I don't know what i mentioned that.

My dad lives in Philly and he is like this
30t6p3b.gif
. He has a a great job and does well for himself, but he always talks about the inner city black people with that "i'm better than them" tone. I dunno, sometimes he makes valid points but still
30t6p3b.gif
, I don't believe in consistently catergorizing people.

My dad lives in Philly and he is like this
30t6p3b.gif
. He has a a great job and does well for himself, but he always talks about the inner city black people with that "i'm better than them" tone. I dunno, sometimes he makes valid points but still
30t6p3b.gif
, I don't believe in consistently catergorizing people.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The most racist people I've ever met are black people, that being said, at least they hate everyone equally.  
laugh.gif

That is why I find most "woe is me" racism threads on NT ironic.

I also have a friend who is of Mexican descent, parents are from Mexico, he knows Spanish and he hates other Mexicans with a passion.  Always calling 'em "your people" when he's around me,
laugh.gif

It is what it is.
wow.

^^^ But he says that he goes to the "white" resturants, movie screens etc because black people act ignorant and *%%@ always pops off
laugh.gif

He was like "raise the prices, and black people don't show up. That is why I go"

I'm like damn

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The most racist people I've ever met are black people, that being said, at least they hate everyone equally.  
laugh.gif

That is why I find most "woe is me" racism threads on NT ironic.

I also have a friend who is of Mexican descent, parents are from Mexico, he knows Spanish and he hates other Mexicans with a passion.  Always calling 'em "your people" when he's around me,
laugh.gif

It is what it is.
wow.

^^^ But he says that he goes to the "white" resturants, movie screens etc because black people act ignorant and *%%@ always pops off
laugh.gif

He was like "raise the prices, and black people don't show up. That is why I go"

I'm like damn

u could argue hispanic isjust as made-up
since i didnt catch this on the first quote...

I wouldn't call hispanic a race either. hispanic means having a connection to spain. being hispanic is equivalent to being african. at the end of the day we're all black/african

I wouldn't call hispanic a race either. hispanic means having a connection to spain. being hispanic is equivalent to being african. at the end of the day we're all black/african

yes, but the issue I'm dealing with this thread is hispanic blacks are alienating themselves from every other "black" ethnic group......essentially lumping all of them together. Even within the hispanic "ethnic group", there are very distinct cultures. There is a difference between Mexican culture and Dominican culture. Some Dominicans try to argue that they are a part of the "hispanic culture" as a cop out to alienate themselves from "Black culture".....completely downplaying how diverse "Black culture" is.

Skin color is not the only thing that distinguishes one human from another, there are subtle physical differences that have nothing to do with skin color that may distinguish to groups seemingly in the same "race". nationalism, tribalism etc are other divisions that may be based on physical characteristic (not necessarily skin color), customs, religious affiliation, dialect etc etc etc etc

yes, but the issue I'm dealing with this thread is hispanic blacks are alienating themselves from every other "black" ethnic group......essentially lumping all of them together. Even within the hispanic "ethnic group", there are very distinct cultures. There is a difference between Mexican culture and Dominican culture. Some Dominicans try to argue that they are a part of the "hispanic culture" as a cop out to alienate themselves from "Black culture".....completely downplaying how diverse "Black culture" is.

Skin color is not the only thing that distinguishes one human from another, there are subtle physical differences that have nothing to do with skin color that may distinguish to groups seemingly in the same "race". nationalism, tribalism etc are other divisions that may be based on physical characteristic (not necessarily skin color), customs, religious affiliation, dialect etc etc etc etc

Claiming "hispanic" is the equivalent of Nigerians claiming "British-panic
grin.gif
" because they speak English. This would be like me saying I'm not in the same group as Cameroonians because they speak French. Granted the influence of whatever European nation colonized a nation is a part of the culture, it is just a fraction of it.

Cliffnotes if a Black Dominican isn't black, an African American isn't "black" either. There isn't something inherent in any other group of the black diaspora that makes them more black than Dominicans.

Claiming "hispanic" is the equivalent of Nigerians claiming "British-panic
grin.gif
" because they speak English. This would be like me saying I'm not in the same group as Cameroonians because they speak French. Granted the influence of whatever European nation colonized a nation is a part of the culture, it is just a fraction of it.

Cliffnotes if a Black Dominican isn't black, an African American isn't "black" either. There isn't something inherent in any other group of the black diaspora that makes them more black than Dominicans.

im black for starter
so i think im the only one that has posted this .. no ones grandparents hate black people??
or grandparents that hate every one ??

my grandparents go on and on about they hate N's (when the topic comes ups)

africans and blacks dont get a long like that ..

my boys is from england..
and his pops hates black americans..

and then you have black girl/guy who wont go out with their own race..

we live in a racist world..

im black for starter
so i think im the only one that has posted this .. no ones grandparents hate black people??
or grandparents that hate every one ??

my grandparents go on and on about they hate N's (when the topic comes ups)

africans and blacks dont get a long like that ..

my boys is from england..
and his pops hates black americans..

and then you have black girl/guy who wont go out with their own race..

we live in a racist world..

i know like 2 black guys that are actually my friends.

one always
30t6p3b.gif
when he sees "ghetto" black people

my other boy is more hood but he too
30t6p3b.gif
cuz hes more cultured and not as ignorant as "ghetto" black

according to them....

Back
Top Bottom