ever meet black folk that are racist against other black folk?

People in here are wasting their breath tryna explain the difference between race and ethnic group to people...I've tried.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

People in here are wasting their breath tryna explain the difference between race and ethnic group to people...I've tried.
roll.gif
I think you mean keyboard strokes, but I get your point
laugh.gif

roll.gif
I think you mean keyboard strokes, but I get your point
laugh.gif

Keef, comn bruh it ain't that hard to understand.  You do realize that Domnican Republic and Haiti share an island and the island was entirely owned by the French/Spanish at points.  And as far as pulling stats out my !*@:

According to a study by the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute, about 90% of the contemporary Dominican population has West African ancestry to varying degrees.[sup][75][/sup]

Unfortunatly many Hispanics seem to hate their own blackness.  Some don't though.

Take Tego Calderon, the reggaeton artist
TegoCalderon.jpg

He's from Puerto Rico, an island with lots of self denying black people.  However he is not one of them.  He has a son named Malcom X and a daughter named Ebony.

Keef, comn bruh it ain't that hard to understand.  You do realize that Domnican Republic and Haiti share an island and the island was entirely owned by the French/Spanish at points.  And as far as pulling stats out my !*@:

According to a study by the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute, about 90% of the contemporary Dominican population has West African ancestry to varying degrees.[sup][75][/sup]

Unfortunatly many Hispanics seem to hate their own blackness.  Some don't though.

TegoCalderon.jpg

He's from Puerto Rico, an island with lots of self denying black people.  However he is not one of them.  He has a son named Malcom X and a daughter named Ebony.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Yes, Dominican people.

But Dominicans aren't black tho?
grin.gif
 The only Islands of people that can be considered black are Haitians and Trinidadians (whenever they wanna be).

Why you tryna ruffle feathers...word to

PIGEONHOOD: "I AINT NO BIRD SON, I'M A PIGEON. WE'RE DIFFERENT."

pigeon.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

noooooooooo.... I'm mad you went grave digging for this.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Yes, Dominican people.

But Dominicans aren't black tho?
grin.gif
 The only Islands of people that can be considered black are Haitians and Trinidadians (whenever they wanna be).

Why you tryna ruffle feathers...word to

PIGEONHOOD: "I AINT NO BIRD SON, I'M A PIGEON. WE'RE DIFFERENT."

pigeon.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

noooooooooo.... I'm mad you went grave digging for this.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

TegoCalderon.jpg

I feel you bra, and I can admit that I was wrong on some points in my argument. Can't even lie.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

TegoCalderon.jpg

I feel you bra, and I can admit that I was wrong on some points in my argument. Can't even lie.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

race is made up though. Creation of the other...

I argue with hispanic people who use that we're not black, we're hispanic to prove a point about the distinction between race and ethnicity. But I usually preface this by saying "you can consider yourself whatever you want". Race is a social construct, but hispanic blacks aren't any less black than a black man from Ethiopia. Hope that makes sense.

u could argue hispanic isjust as made-up

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

race is made up though. Creation of the other...

I argue with hispanic people who use that we're not black, we're hispanic to prove a point about the distinction between race and ethnicity. But I usually preface this by saying "you can consider yourself whatever you want". Race is a social construct, but hispanic blacks aren't any less black than a black man from Ethiopia. Hope that makes sense.

u could argue hispanic isjust as made-up

Back
Top Bottom