Everybody wants to be something they're not…

I was having this conversation with my girlfriend about this science class I'm taking that I need to graduate. I was pointing out that I think scienceshould be left to scientists. It's pretty @!#**@! dumb as far as I'm concerned as I have no interest in the earth and the solar system and variousthings like that. And ultimately seems huge waste anyways like NASA/space shuttles and $+*+ is just scientists way of burning money on stupid $+*+ thatdoesn't really matter. I would say it's akin to various things commonly held to be wasteful/stupid purchases, I don't know any off hand but you cancome up with your own examples.

But anyhow, to my point I've come to the realization everyone wants to be something they're not or atleast wants people to know about thingsthey're not and have little interest in. I'm an art photographer. That's what I do and why I can't just do that…I take pictures, I make artphotographs, I don't give two *@!$* if any of you know what all that entails if you ask depending on how you ask and who you are I'd be more thanwilling to tell you but I don't go around expecting everyone to know. Or demand there be classes on it at science schools. But these scientists teachingscience classes at art school apparently think otherwise…

I go to school for visual literacy, not scientific. These scientists people are @!#**@! agenda pushers.

I get when I was in grammar school how I should learn about mad different things so I can be a well rounded person and really get a feel for what I might wantto do later in life. But it seems people either wanna be what they're not. Or wanna push what they are on to other people. $+*+ is ridiculous. It'slike rap music, leave the rapping to rappers. You can't all be. Scientists need to leave the science to themselves. Million dollars says if they did.They'd get less money to build @!#**@! space ships. Literally when is the last time space travel helped anyone. $+*+ is mad expensive. Billions.

Anyhow, just curious anyone else's thoughts on the subject, insights perhaps. I don't know, whatever…

Originally Posted by ebayologist

I'm an art photographer. That's what I do and why I can't just do tha
because you goto school.
quit(if you can't/choose not to deal with it and do what you like, $ will follow.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

cliffnotes?

Regular literacy shouldn't be an option. Just read it or keep it movin'…
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I'm an art photographer. That's what I do and why I can't just do tha
because you goto school.
quit and do what you like, $ will follow.

Word, I feel you, And I would do that, it's just I'm literally 9 credit hours from graduating so I'm probably just going to bear this joke of ascience class these !$#!+#@@ have me taking.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]School is just a part of life, and since when did life ever make any sense? [/color]

There was a very similar thread made yesterday I think, but they were complaining about social studies was it?

Word. Everybody wants to be the General or the H.N.I.C, but nobody wants to be the bishop or rook.

I didn't read your post btw, just going off the title.

Originally Posted by desoIation1

they'll be making more money than you too

I don't think scientists can afford my pictures now. They damn sure won't be able to when I get out of school. They live like bums putting all theirmoney into space-shuttles and satellites. Scientists are like wack rappers, that spend their advance money on "whips and chains" (word tocam'ron).

On my SAT steelo.
scientists are to wack rappers as
space-shuttles and satellites are to whips and chains.

I don't think scientists can afford my pictures now. They damn sure won't be able to when I get out of school. They live like bums putting all their money into space-shuttles and satellites. Scientists are like wack rappers, that spend their advance money on "whips and chains" (word to cam'ron).

On my SAT steelo.
are you referring to scientists in general, or just those who work in NASA and astronomy?

I don't think scientists can afford my pictures now. They damn sure won't be able to when I get out of school. They live like bums putting all their money into space-shuttles and satellites. Scientists are like wack rappers, that spend their advance money on "whips and chains" (word to cam'ron).

On my SAT steelo.

Isn't majority if not all their work is funded?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

On my SAT steelo.

Isn't majority if not all their work is funded?

I'm not a scientist how the %%$+ should I know. But mad art is funded with government or other sorts of grants. The guggenheim grant is mad bread. Andnational endowment for the arts is def FTW.

I was having this conversation with my girlfriend about this science class I'm taking that I need to graduate. I was pointing out that I think science should be left to scientists. It's pretty @!#**@! dumb as far as I'm concerned as I have no interest in the earth and the solar system and various things like that. And ultimately seems huge waste anyways like NASA/space shuttles and $+*+ is just scientists way of burning money on stupid $+*+ that doesn't really matter. I would say it's akin to various things commonly held to be wasteful/stupid purchases, I don't know any off hand but you can come up with your own examples.

But anyhow, to my point I've come to the realization everyone wants to be something they're not or atleast wants people to know about things they're not and have little interest in. I'm an art photographer. That's what I do and why I can't just do that…I take pictures, I make art photographs, I don't give two *@!$* if any of you know what all that entails if you ask depending on how you ask and who you are I'd be more than willing to tell you but I don't go around expecting everyone to know. Or demand there be classes on it at science schools. But these scientists teaching science classes at art school apparently think otherwise…

I go to school for visual literacy, not scientific. These scientists people are @!#**@! agenda pushers.

I get when I was in grammar school how I should learn about mad different things so I can be a well rounded person and really get a feel for what I might want to do later in life. But it seems people either wanna be what they're not. Or wanna push what they are on to other people. $+*+ is ridiculous. It's like rap music, leave the rapping to rappers. You can't all be. Scientists need to leave the science to themselves. Million dollars says if they did. They'd get less money to build @!#**@! space ships. Literally when is the last time space travel helped anyone. $+*+ is mad expensive. Billions.

Anyhow, just curious anyone else's thoughts on the subject, insights perhaps. I don't know, whatever…

The same way you look at science, is the same way those people are looking at art. They can look at what you do and think to themselves "This personsprofession isnt helping anyone else. It isnt helping anyone or creating a better future for everyone." I'm not saying theyre right or youre right,but youre comparing two verrrry different worlds and viewpoints.

Youre comparison of rap isn't really the most effective. No one is saying that you should now become a scientist or try your hands at somethingscientific. The point of the class is simply for knowledge of things that are outside of your normal point of view. Since you feel as thoughscience/nasa/space is a waste of money and doesnt help anyone I have a feeling that you can learn a lot from the class if you approach it from an open mind.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

its the system

I hate this system

I am forced to take foreign language and I hate language classes

I was with you until you started hating on foreign language. That #%%@ is mad useful. I wish I knew another language. Both my mom and gf speak spanish. Whereasmy spanish basically begins and ends at "por que?" and "morir sonando".

cliffnotes?

After reading your whole rant, you're right. Your time would be better served taking a remedial english class, than ever believing that youhave the mental capacity to coherently judge the worth of another profession of the high esteem of science

Originally Posted by renkxedik

cliffnotes?

After reading your whole rant, you're right. Your time would be better served taking a remedial english class, than ever believing that you have the mental capacity to coherently judge the worth of another profession of the high esteem of science

I'm willing to admit it's not my finest piece of writing, but as far as rants go I thought it was at very least for par.

Durden7 wrote:
The same way you look at science, is the same way those people are looking at art. They can look at what you do and think to themselves "This persons profession isnt helping anyone else. It isnt helping anyone or creating a better future for everyone." I'm not saying theyre right or youre right, but youre comparing two verrrry different worlds and viewpoints.

Youre comparison of rap isn't really the most effective. No one is saying that you should now become a scientist or try your hands at something scientific. The point of the class is simply for knowledge of things that are outside of your normal point of view. Since you feel as though science/nasa/space is a waste of money and doesnt help anyone I have a feeling that you can learn a lot from the class if you approach it from an open mind.

QFT

I like to be a well rounded individual so I don't mind these course all too much. However I think the cores like science, philosophy, history, math etc.should be electives and we get to take the classes we want or shorten the core requirements for those classes like 3 semesters of philosophy and theology are abit much.

Why would i pay you to take pictures? Can't i buy the same camera you have? "Ooh black and white pictures of sneakerheads i'm so artistic anduseful to society."

Back
Top Bottom