Expensive Haircuts worth it?

I've been looking for the best place to cut my hair.  Does price justify the means?  In NYC you can go from $15 to $90 and get the same hair.  Whats your experience?

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

Not for me..because my hair will grow back in a week..

laugh.gif
word

I've had my mom, brother, and a 100 different barbers cut my hair and guess what......... My hair looked exactly the same each time.
roll.gif
Don't spend more than $15 on a hair cut. Leave a good tip though, barbers don't make crap especially franchised shops.

The only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week.

There's definitely a happy medium - but it's not always about the money. There are plenty of cheap places that will do a decent job if you just want a regular men's haircut.

I used to go to a place that was about $40. It was good but the main difference between there and a place that charges $20 is the decor.

If you're getting $15 haircuts, you are probably capable of cutting your own hair.

<<<< hasn't bought a haircut in 10 years

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

If you're getting $15 haircuts, you are probably capable of cutting your own hair.

<<<< hasn't bought a haircut in 10 years
Tried giving myself a tapefade...never again
laugh.gif

I'm sorry but a $90 hair cut is absurd.
laugh.gif

To answer your question though, yea to a certain extent you'll get what you pay for. Just off gp, I'm not really trying to %#+% with a $10 cut.

That said, when I was living in Pomona I used to get cut by this Mexican (no joke) guy who only charged $12 and he was one of the best barbers I've ever been to.

My guy now charges $25 and I bet he'll put any barber charging some absurd figure like 40 to shame.

i just got mine today for 15... and cutting my own hair is not an option i dont have that crew cut

Someone put me on to a barber in NYC! Someone nice with scissors not just clippers as I am growing my hair out. Havent got a cut since Dec 30 mainly because I dont trust any barbers

big homie from my hood does 200$ cuts..definitely worth it...if u have the money

$20 bucks for me. going to the same barber for almost 2 years now, dude is a beast

My barber just got locked recently.. He would usually hook it up for 15$. And he's been cutting my hair since I was 12, so I always throw him 20$. Since he's locked though, I decided to try my sister's boyfriend's barber in Far Rock.. His barber, Dooba is type nice. Still paying 20$

the best hair cut i've gotten was $15...

just because you wash my hair, line me with a razon (which is appreciated nevertheless) or use a blow dryer to get the hair off (which feels amazing for some reason) doesnt mean you command another $10 -$15.

I really just pay for the appointment and consideration to schedule

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'm sorry but a $90 hair cut is absurd.
laugh.gif

To answer your question though, yea to a certain extent you'll get what you pay for. Just off gp, I'm not really trying to %#+% with a $10 cut.

That said, when I was living in Pomona I used to get cut by this Mexican (no joke) guy who only charged $12 and he was one of the best barbers I've ever been to.

My guy now charges $25 and I bet he'll put any barber charging some absurd figure like 40 to shame.
Where? Ive been looking for a new barber. I have been going to Big W in Ontario for the past 10years and lately my barber has been slacking

Yeah. If you dont want your shapeup to ever get messed up and want consistent good haircuts.
I rather do that then do my own too. 

Having to wait 2-3 weeks for your hair to grow back from a messed up shapeup/haircut <<< ****

Originally Posted by kdawg

The only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week.

There's definitely a happy medium - but it's not always about the money. There are plenty of cheap places that will do a decent job if you just want a regular men's haircut.

I used to go to a place that was about $40. It was good but the main difference between there and a place that charges $20 is the decor.

For some reason i've always remembered this segment of boy meets world and it totally applies to me

Hell no.  Those super expensive barbershops in the city are ridiculous.  Sure the shops look amazing, may have a hot tattooed female barber, and are good at old school, traditional cuts but they are way overpriced.  You can look around and find a neighborhood shop that can give the same haircuts for 1/4 of the price.
Those expensive, trendy shops like the Blind Barber are going for a retro look but back then men weren't paying a ridiculous price for a cut.

My haircuts cost $8, $10 with tip 
laugh.gif
 every other person at this spot is horrible at cutting hair, but mine spends alot of time and cuts precisely. Of course, I don't get line-ups, mohawks,and all that nonsense, so my barber isn't the person to go to  if you like trendy haircuts

Back
Top Bottom