Expensive Haircuts worth it?

I've paid more for a tattooed cut.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

$6 haircuts by Asian ladies are not what's up. I wouldn't pay $90 though
^I'm gonna have to go with language barrier/communication with this one...

However, I pay $13 for mine every 3-4 weeks.

Nah they speak English, they just kinda suck at cutting hair, or do good enough all around but +++! up my temple 11 times out of 10. I chronicled it in some topics like 7yrs ago and got some good help from nt
laugh.gif

Any black barber charging more than $20 for a basic haircut needs to jump out a window asap. My haircut takes 20 mins at the most, no way I'm dropping more than $20 on that.
Shop across from my apt. charges $28 for a basic haircut 
indifferent.gif
 and they still expect tips 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Times are harrrd out hurrrr. I get mine for $7 by this asian dude for like 3-4 yrs now. Idk, I'm an asian male and I don't really want to travel far to get a hair cut. I live by chinatown and its rather that or get those $12-$15 by asian fobby hipsters... I'm good.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Any black barber charging more than $20 for a basic haircut needs to jump out a window asap. My haircut takes 20 mins at the most, no way I'm dropping more than $20 on that.
Shop across from my apt. charges $28 for a basic haircut 
indifferent.gif
 and they still expect tips 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Used to pay $20 + $5 tip for a skin taper, but I've been doing my own tapers for about 4 years now... Saving money #feelsgoodman

Thinking bout switching my hairstyle up so might be getting pricier in the future...

Used to get my haircut at a salon, a wash before and after, blowdry, and some product came to $15+time spent going to the spot.

Then, I bought a kit.
My brother and I taught how to cut each other's hair.
People even ask me where I get my haircut, and I tell'em in my backyard for free.99.

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Mine is $15, every 2 weeks, lady that does it is a hot blonde milf too
pimp.gif
winning
pics?
how much is the option for happy ending?

Originally Posted by haiti5

big homie from my hood does 200$ cuts..definitely worth it...if u have the money

does the haircut come with an ipod?

I spend $50 a cut, $40 for the hair and $10 tip. When I arrive at the salon they ask me if I want a complimentary drink. Water, coffee or they have 2 local beers on tap. I'll take a beer.  I sip on my beer, look at some magazines then the stylist comes over to get me. I bring my beer and sit down in the chair, every station has a tv.  She ask me what I want then we head over to the shampoo station. I watch tv while she's cutting my hair and I sip on my beer.  After the cut we go back to the shampoo station for conditioner and a deep scalp massage and the whole time you have a hot towel on your face.  We go back to her station for a blow dry and some hair products and were done.  I tip her then go to the register to pay and get my parking validated. Then I have another beer and look at a magazine before I leave. I have long hair so I only cut every 2-3 months so for me it's worth it.

Went to a legit hair salon last time I got my haircut. It was worth it imo. I ended up going to one on the cheaper side though since it was closer. It cost 30 dollars. They spend so much more time and I noticed it grew in a lot better too. They shampoo your hair and everything. My hair always looks like crap right after shampooing, so I was like eh, but then the next day I was like
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
. I doubt those 90 dollar haircuts would be worth it though, unless you're a baller.

Place I go to charges $15 for my clean up/shave. Which , I actually don't mind paying because dude puts in work. My skin is never irritated and looks so clean and lined up correctly.

I haven't cut my hair in about 3 years. But I never paid more than $10 for a longer fade.

Now , getting trimmed , is way more expensive like 20-40 and that's just because they need skill to layer it , and not !@%! up your tips.

I must be out of the loop. I didn't even know it was legal to charge over 30 if you were a male...

I pay 15 + tip to get buzzed and lined up...and i do this every other week.

For those who get cut with golden clippers that charge 45+, how often do go?

Originally Posted by Shaq74

I cut mine for free
although it's not the best, I'm getting better
wink.gif

This. Just started doing my own a couple months ago. Started off looking like I used a hedge trimmer to cut my hair, but now I'm getting the hang of it. 

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Originally Posted by Shaq74

I cut mine for free
although it's not the best, I'm getting better
wink.gif

This. Just started doing my own a couple months ago. Started off looking like I used a hedge trimmer to cut my hair, but now I'm getting the hang of it. 

give yourself a solid year and you'll be dope with it, famb...
pimp.gif
... Also, if you're black, or getting a "black styled haircut" (please don't derail this, Dominican homeys) then you deserve the swiftest kick in the head if you're paying more than $30 for a cut.

Originally Posted by paegk

I spend $50 a cut, $40 for the hair and $10 tip. When I arrive at the salon they ask me if I want a complimentary drink. Water, coffee or they have 2 local beers on tap. I'll take a beer.  I sip on my beer, look at some magazines then the stylist comes over to get me. I bring my beer and sit down in the chair, every station has a tv.  She ask me what I want then we head over to the shampoo station. I watch tv while she's cutting my hair and I sip on my beer.  After the cut we go back to the shampoo station for conditioner and a deep scalp massage and the whole time you have a hot towel on your face.  We go back to her station for a blow dry and some hair products and were done.  I tip her then go to the register to pay and get my parking validated. Then I have another beer and look at a magazine before I leave. I have long hair so I only cut every 2-3 months so for me it's worth it.

I was with you until you said you have a 2nd beer and hangout in the salon after your cut is done
laugh.gif
I pay $20 and Ive been going to her for years... even followed her to different salons that she's worked for.

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Originally Posted by paegk

I was with you until you said you have a 2nd beer and hangout in the salon after your cut is done
laugh.gif
I pay $20 and Ive been going to her for years... even followed her to different salons that she's worked for.
 this is a place for men.. all woman work there to take care of mens grooming.. i went there with him after we had a couple drinks because we wanted to get his sideburns trimmed up for free... i sat at the bar, ordered a beer while i waited.. i was getting ready to pay the girl but the beer is FREE!! you aint gotta tell me twice.. tipped her $2 just for the *%#* of it..

Back
Top Bottom