Expensive Haircuts worth it?

I don't know. The most I've ever spent on a haircut was $25 once.

I'm really starting to consider learning how to line myself up and save some more cash! I usually go once every 1-2 months and pay $20 for a cut/lineup/facial hair, which I guess isn't too bad. 

I don't want to cut my own hair yet cause I'm scared that I will cut off my 360s 
frown.gif
, but I want to look more cleaned up, especially for special events.

Any tips/recommendations?? 
nerd.gif

i mean its how its worth to you... the asian lady down the street cuts my hair for like $8 when i went to her back in the day and now go to a black barber, and he fade me up the best.... so ask around town who is the best barber, dont go over the top by paying those stupid siddity bches money for a so called "PROFESSIONAL"

Originally Posted by ricky409

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Originally Posted by Shaq74

I cut mine for free
although it's not the best, I'm getting better
wink.gif

This. Just started doing my own a couple months ago. Started off looking like I used a hedge trimmer to cut my hair, but now I'm getting the hang of it. 

give yourself a solid year and you'll be dope with it, famb...
pimp.gif
... Also, if you're black, or getting a "black styled haircut" (please don't derail this, Dominican homeys) then you deserve the swiftest kick in the head if you're paying more than $30 for a cut.

yeah but im asian and gets a bald fade and its a
pimp.gif
cut for $10

Place I go to is $25. Dude is probably the best barber I have ever had. He has been out of town though and I went to another place and had a woman cut it and she was terrible
30t6p3b.gif
Luckily I just had her trim it up so I can get it cut properly in another week or 2. I have had more expensive haircuts but a lot of people seem to just not listen to what I want, like they only know how to give one haircut or something.

there is a new "men's salon" on the main strip in my town that has hot stylists, HD tvs and serves you beer while you get your hair cut
I bought a Groupon for $18 haircuts which usually like $40 so I will check it out

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Anything over $20 is ridic if ur a dude.

If you're going to barber, you are correct. Some of us actually go to a stylist where a set of clippers isn't used though. When I was younger I was able to cut my own hair and line myself up weekly. As I grew older I grew my hair longer and wasn't trying to cut my own hair with scissors.

Originally Posted by Papi

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I'm sorry but a $90 hair cut is absurd.
laugh.gif

To answer your question though, yea to a certain extent you'll get what you pay for. Just off gp, I'm not really trying to %#+% with a $10 cut.

That said, when I was living in Pomona I used to get cut by this Mexican (no joke) guy who only charged $12 and he was one of the best barbers I've ever been to.

My guy now charges $25 and I bet he'll put any barber charging some absurd figure like 40 to shame.
Where? Ive been looking for a new barber. I have been going to Big W in Ontario for the past 10years and lately my barber has been slacking
Just now seeing this his name is Josh (year right) at Dynasty Barbershop over on E Mission between Garey and Towne.

Real solid cuts, razor blade line up and everything.

Been cutting my own hair since the 7th grade.
Mom didnt wanna pay $15 at supercuts every other week, so she jst got me some clippers from walmart.
Finally got it right around 10th grade
laugh.gif
. Been good since.

Originally Posted by gpsandhu4

Been cutting my own hair since the 7th grade.
Mom didnt wanna pay $15 at supercuts every other week, so she jst got me some clippers from walmart.
Finally got it right around 10th grade
laugh.gif
. Been good since.

I know you went thru some rough times, my dude... lol... glad you got it right though...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Place I go to is $25. Dude is probably the best barber I have ever had. He has been out of town though and I went to another place and had a woman cut it and she was terrible
30t6p3b.gif
Luckily I just had her trim it up so I can get it cut properly in another week or 2. I have had more expensive haircuts but a lot of people seem to just not listen to what I want, like they only know how to give one haircut or something.
come up to vancouver my dude... my boy owns his own spot called cam cuts.. dude is legit,

depends...i will not pay more than 15$ including tip if they're only going to use a buzzer and never lift up the scissors. my hair is longer now so i have to go to a slightly more expensive place that will actually use scissors. 30$ with tip for me but i try not to go back for at least a month.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Yeah. If you dont want your shapeup to ever get messed up and want consistent good haircuts.
I rather do that then do my own too. 

Having to wait 2-3 weeks for your hair to grow back from a messed up shapeup/haircut <<< ****

Its always good to have da machines @ da house for in-between clean ups.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Yeah. If you dont want your shapeup to ever get messed up and want consistent good haircuts.
I rather do that then do my own too. 

Having to wait 2-3 weeks for your hair to grow back from a messed up shapeup/haircut <<< ****

Its always good to have da machines @ da house for in-between clean ups.

Yeah def. I keep one on deck too for in between

I'm looking for a barber.
Any good spot in the valley, ca
More specifically sylmar or sanfer?

damn i never knew white dudes pay so much for haircuts
laugh.gif

$13 for a fade/even all over
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

damn i never knew white dudes pay so much for haircuts
laugh.gif

$13 for a fade/even all over
pimp.gif
If you think about it it evens out, for those of us who pay $40+ we are getting our hair cut every 4-8 weeks. How many times do you visit a barber in that time span?

$20.00 every week, rarely miss one. Razer fade, my barber only does appointments so i walk in and im in the chair within 10-15 mins. Want to grow my hair out but i think id look terrible with long hair.

Back
Top Bottom