F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Like all the other teams RBR are developing parts for their '14 car now.  It might make their '13 car faster, it might not... but for sure, it won't make them slower than the rest.  They'll continue to dominate. 
sounds like you actually want them to continue to dominate
indifferent.gif

yes I'm mad
mad.gif

Nah, man... just keepin' it real.  It is what it is.  As you get later in a season, one by one, teams will start to develop less of their current car and focus on next-year's model (unless they're still in the title-hunt).  But as it was over maybe 3-4 races ago, pretty much all the teams have began to focus on '14.  They might have a few '14 parts that might make the '13 quicker, but it'll unlikely be significant.  So ultimately, RBR still has the fastest car.  Unless they run into a massive pile of bad luck, I don't see how, say, Merc or Lotus can beat them.  

Yep, tobacco!  A bit of a shame, really, as it was so iconic.  Same goes for all their Marlboro cars!

Though their solution was pretty clever.
france99hakkinen.jpg

Yeah its not the same with those badges.

Spa 1998
mad.gif

Nice to have a fellow Ferrari supporter on board. :smokin Bunch of McLaren boys over here (and one Red Bull fan).

Ferrari and Lakers :nthat:

I became a fan with the Michael/Eddie Irvine combo up to Barrichello then stopped following F1 after that.

Got interested again thanks to Top Gear :lol: been lurking this thread for a while.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/302972/massa-alonso-better-than-schumacher/
Massa: Alonso better than Schumacher

Felipe Massa has named Fernando Alonso as his strongest Formula 1 team-mate, thus putting the Spaniard above seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher.

Massa, who will be replaced by Kimi Räikkönen next season, raced alongside Nick Heidfeld, Giancarlo Fisichella and Jacques Villeneuve at Sauber, before joining Ferrari to partner Schumacher, the aforementioned Finn and most recently Alonso.

When asked to pick out the best of the group, the Brazilian was clear in his mind.

"Fernando," Massa, who made his debut in 2002, said during an interview published on the official Ferrari website. "Schumacher was as quick, but in terms of intelligence, Alonso is better because he manages to put everything together perfectly."

Having spent 11 seasons in the sport, Massa is now working hard to remain on the grid. But although another term in the top echelon is his preference, he admits a move to Germany's DTM series or his native Stock Car Brasil is of interest for the future.

"I love racing, it's part of my life and makes me happy," Massa commented. "Maybe after Formula 1 I'll try my hand at some other category – DTM or Brazilian Stock Cars."
Almost forgotten that he was Schumi's teammate for only 1 year!?  Seemed a lot longer! 

cant blame Felipe for having an ill feeling for MS. he has to stuck it out for his idol Rubens for all the crap that went down. ironically, Massa went on that road too. :smh:

^ Everything about that race Spa 1998 was nuts. Utter chaos. :smh: Visibility was horrible. Only 8 cars finished, iirc. MSC was livid at DC, too. :stoneface: Charging at the McLaren garage. :wow:

As for Spain 2001, looking back, I kinda feel gutted for Mika. But back then, I didn't give a damn. :lol: :nthat:

Last edited:
Not gonna like... I was jumping & screaming when Schumi came out on 3-wheels!   I remember it all too well! LOL 

that pic of Mika crying was in Monza 99. he made a mistake in the middle of the dreaded double chicane which is already been change to have a much safer race starts.

Mika never won in Monza, that explains his emotion after that fumble.

that pic of Mika crying was in Monza 99. he made a mistake in the middle of the dreaded double chicane which is already been change to have a much safer race starts.

Mika never won in Monza, that explains his emotion after that fumble.

Well, he won the WDC in the end, anyway. MSC out with a leg injury at Silverstone that year. All's well that ends well, I guess. :\

But ultimately, Mika is most definitely appreciated. :pimp: Quite a character, even if he's not that verbose. :lol:

OT: Looks like we're going to be needing visas to go to Hong Kong, soon. Welp. :\ Tourism in HK would definitely take a hit as well with their decision. |I

Getting paid and then skipping the rest of the season. Bawse. :lol: :pimp:

Just hope he's in shape for next season. A back injury must be hell for a Formula 1 driver, especially with how little the suspension travel is with these cars. :x

Wasn't it confirmed already? :nerd:

So Maldonado to Lotus, then? Hope Hulk gets a seat next year! :\

Lotus could still pick up Checo if McLaren drop him... he's got the Mexican funds.  Kov. would be a good choice for Lotus too.

Massa a downgrade from Pastor!?  He's been way too erratic.

No, I don't agree.  I think Massa still has something to offer.  His last few races have been pretty good, if I remember correctly.  

Plus, if they're gonna hang onto Bottas, they're gonna need someone experienced to balance it out.  It was either him or Heikki.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom