F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

That was a fun race and quick!

Max at this point just win them all I wanna see it.

Ferrari lucky they didn’t take each other out 🤣

Good point 🤣
Stroll is awful.
Like is Logan a top 10 driver? No but he’s been able to get the car in position for points lately

With less mechanical DNFs compared to years past, it’s harder to move up the field unless you’re Perez getting knocked out in Q1 lol

Every time the media asks Checo about being with Red Bull next season or beyond 2025, his responses get increasingly negative with the latest being:

With the season we've had it's important to have the next races in an environment where I feel I can contribute. And [if] that place for 2024 is not here and we will have to look for other alternatives.

It doesn’t help that bigot Helmut Marko is always taking either direct shots or passive aggressive jabs at Checo with the latest being:

Sergio Perez is not consistent. He is not always focused, but he has a contract until 2024 and Lando Norris has a contract until 2025.
It's a pity that his contract lasts so long because he [Norris] would be one of the candidates.
Sergio is already over 30 years old and will soon have his fourth child. He already has other interests, so we have to see what happens next,

Barring a massive collapse in form in the remaining races I don’t think Checo will be replaced before next season but I could see RB doing him dirty and sacking him by the summer break next season.

Who do you guys think are the most likely candidates to replace Checo?

I think Albon with the way he’s performing in the Williams is the best candidate but he’d be stupid to go back to RB after they rushed to kick him to the curb last time.

I’d love to see Norris in that seat but only if Red Bull agree to let him race Max, which seems unlikely even in light of Max’s propaganda stating that he wants competition.

I don’t see Ricciardo getting back in a RB but obviously he a has a realistic shot if he comes back healthy and performs in the AT.

And I know this isn’t gonna happen but I’d love to see Ocon and Max fighting in the same car. Especially when remembering their little incident at the scales when Max pushed Ocon twice (I wish Ocon had swung on max 🤣). Ocon is fast and better than people rate him…

Every time the media asks Checo about being with Red Bull next season or beyond 2025, his responses get increasingly negative with the latest being:

It doesn’t help that bigot Helmut Marko is always taking either direct shots or passive aggressive jabs at Checo with the latest being:

Barring a massive collapse in form in the remaining races I don’t think Checo will be replaced before next season but I could see RB doing him dirty and sacking him by the summer break next season.

Who do you guys think are the most likely candidates to replace Checo?

I think Albon with the way he’s performing in the Williams is the best candidate but he’d be stupid to go back to RB after they rushed to kick him to the curb last time.

I’d love to see Norris in that seat but only if Red Bull agree to let him race Max, which seems unlikely even in light of Max’s propaganda stating that he wants competition.

I don’t see Ricciardo getting back in a RB but obviously he a has a realistic shot if he comes back healthy and performs in the AT.

And I know this isn’t gonna happen but I’d love to see Ocon and Max fighting in the same car. Especially when remembering their little incident at the scales when Max pushed Ocon twice (I wish Ocon had swung on max 🤣). Ocon is fast and better than people rate him…
Ocon gonna run into Max more than Max runs into Lewis lol

Norris is a no unless McLaren ****s the bed with next years car

Albon I could see at Ferrari if Sainz moves on but he’s doing great things at Williams. With JW they can have the best midfield car

Yuki has no shot at RB. Lawson is a super duper dark horse contender but it’s most likely Danny Ric. RB wants someone to bring the good vibes while Max is winning everything

I think Checo keeps the seat as he's kinda done what they want him to do except that they expect more consistency. I can't really think of anyone that they would be willing to promote to replace him. Can't see Yuki or Lawson take it. Maybe Daniel but he has to show them he's still got it with AT.

Albon has already openly said he doesn't want that seat. I think he will prob stay with Williams until a team that interests him comes calling.

Lando is in the same situation as Charles... basically wants to stay with Mclaren unless they show that they can't give him a competitive car. I think with all of the upgrades they've brought recently, he's prob somewhat convinced that they are heading in the right direction.

Ocon just seems like a toxic teammate with what we've seen him do with Nando. Don't think Max would want that.

I think Checo keeps the seat as he's kinda done what they want him to do except that they expect more consistency. I can't really think of anyone that they would be willing to promote to replace him. Can't see Yuki or Lawson take it. Maybe Daniel but he has to show them he's still got it with AT.

Albon has already openly said he doesn't want that seat. I think he will prob stay with Williams until a team that interests him comes calling.

Lando is in the same situation as Charles... basically wants to stay with Mclaren unless they show that they can't give him a competitive car. I think with all of the upgrades they've brought recently, he's prob somewhat convinced that they are heading in the right direction.

Ocon just seems like a toxic teammate with what we've seen him do with Nando. Don't think Max would want that.

I have this weird feeling that Lando will be with Red Bull Next season and Checo will go back to McLaren. Maybe the buyouts cancel each other out or something.

Bigot Marko is wayyyy too complimentary of Lando lately and Lando has been far too friendly with Max since destroying his trophy.

Cool that he's into shoes but I'm just tired of the panda slander. I cringe when they go to those sneaker shows and they ask guys about girls that wear pandas saying they wouldn't date them if they wore them smh. It's a clean shoe at the end of the day.

Cool that he's into shoes but I'm just tired of the panda slander. I cringe when they go to those sneaker shows and they ask guys about girls that wear pandas saying they wouldn't date them if they wore them smh. It's a clean shoe at the end of the day.
Yea that’s pushing it but I see em everywhere. Like when Vans and Toms randomly became the craze

Lando Norris on reaching Formula 1 [Racefans.net]

Like many F1 drivers, Norris came from an affluent background. His father had amassed huge wealth after selling his successful pensions advising company. It would then be easy to assume he grew up relying on his millionaire father’s money to get into F1 – but this is where his story differs from so many. Norris made a pact with his dad and has since earned his success on merit.

“I would never want to pay to come into F1,” Norris affirms emphatically during an exclusive interview with RaceFans. “I would never want my dad to have done that. I personally just don’t see that as the most deserving way of being in Formula 1.

“I made that deal with my dad. We made it so that he wouldn’t pay for me to get into Formula 1. And that’s how it went. I ended up joining McLaren. I won the British Young Driver Award. I ended up then getting my simulator role with the team and getting my first pay cheque.”

“I’ve never been shy to admit the help and support I’ve had for my family and for my dad growing up. Him supporting me, being able to be with good teams always – like anyone would if they were in that same position. I was very lucky that my dad was able to support me and do it.”

It's crazy that he thinks that just because his father ONLY paid for him to be with the best teams/mechanics/engineers in the junior series that that means he's so much different than Stroll and Latifi and others. His father just wrote fewer checks than Stroll and Latifi.

He's in F1 on merit but not without his father's money. Lando always had the skill but his father had the means to facilitate opportunity. Countless drivers have the skill without the means to create opportunity. I don't even know why he felt he needed to address this as it's made him look silly and delusional.

Back
Top Bottom