FACEBOOK IS DYING...

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Social networks have taken a true toll on society. People know way too much about people that they wouldn't have a clue about if this was 10 years ago. I feel that it gives people a different way to keep in touch, which can be beneficial for families who live far, but at the same time it cancels out NORMAL human communication. People would rather talk on twitter and facebook than call me, even texting.

You say that but you have a Myspace, Twitter, FB, Tumblr and a blog. You have more social networking profiles than probably the avg FB user
Yes, i have all of these things. But i do not depend on them to communicate with people, AT ALL. I use a telephone, unlike most.

I use these websites as tools to network and promote my business and photography. I've said it before, but it's a double edged sword. I think technology can be used beneficially, but it is TOO invasive and i've cut down on what information i let the public know.

my tumblr is used to post images, my blog is used to post art and cool info, my facebook has almost NOTHING about me on there, my myspace is outdated and is a "music" page... and twitter, let's just say the world for sure doesnt know where i am and what im doing every second. i use it more as an outlet for thoughts and promotion.

you entirely missed my point.
and who are you, anyway?...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
stalker...
nerd.gif

Naw I just clicked on your blog when u made that comment and saw on the side all of the social networks contacts u had.

Originally Posted by seventh letter

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

Always been dead to me.

Along with myspace, twitter, skype, and all that other bs
480370524_54309bb953.jpg
basically....leave it to a early adopting elitist NTers or general hypebeast to exercise #weoffthat once things get popular.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by nightruans

there is way to much spam and applications where people send you crap you dont want.... the peek was a while ago IMO and the lifespan is going to be less then myspace IMO

Facebook willl last longer because it caters to a more mature audience, not just trendy teens..

this...i really hate the suggestions and people you know but other than that its cool

I dont know... to me, it seems like FB has seen a resurgence in the number of users than before. If anything, Myspace is the one that is dying. I was reading the news and it was talking about this. Myspace users fell off.. FB and Twitter coming up, etc.

Majority of my friends switched to FB.
Even my extended family all have FB
laugh.gif

I have one, but never bothered setting it up...

there is way to much spam and applications where people send you crap you dont want.... the peek was a while ago IMO and the lifespan is going to be less then myspace IMO

Facebook willl last longer because it caters to a more mature audience, not just trendy teens..

bingo

Digital marketing is just getting is ground and facebook has a pivitol role. Case and point... check the I'm with Coco fan page.

I agree with too much spam and now people have music pages and yadda yadda. I don't see it "dying" though because it serves it's purpose, which is to keep people in contact with each other.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

this...i really hate the suggestions and people you know

nah...thats one of da best things about FB...that and tagging pics

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I liked it better when it was just for colleges... when high schoolers get on, family members, and every inbox message is for some party not even in your town from some guy/girl you don't even know its time to keep it moving...

I remember when every inbox message was a girl saying that she'd seen me on campus or something and wanted to know what was up for the weekend... its a shame....
This. They are trying to cater to too many people. But, it's not going anywhere. I don't go on much because I just use twitter to update instead.

iuno but i do hate how often people join a group or becomes a fan of something and its all over the dashboard.

FB been dying especially when ppl post pix like this. I wanna apologize first for posting these pics but it makes me wonder why do people post even pics like this, are they that bored?
smh.gif
. You have been warned and they are all in spoilers so open at YOUR OWN RISK.
Spoiler [+]
24568_109789352367796_100000101952417_260631_5723747_n.jpgDude%20in%20the%20back%20is%20probably%20laughing%20at%20how%20ridiculous%20they%20look%20
Spoiler [+]
18755_1242086862210_1530481524_30800340_4725902_n.jpgDang,%20Jack%20you%20stay%20getting%20husky%20girls
Spoiler [+]
13631_105632816119054_100000170092712_150204_1285668_n.jpg%20
Spoiler [+]
18355_1107189378537_1790885624_208578_6821028_n.jpg
Spoiler [+]
24494_106067419417700_100000433276849_158392_1883979_n.jpg%20Bat%20woman%20fail%20or%20batman%20win
Spoiler [+]
l_7869afbeaac649578578967931174b80.jpg

I think its totally subjective to the user whether or not its "dying". I have slowly been using it less now that i have a full time job graduated college and have better things to worry about then what people are doing all day

Facebook is now a way for high school/ college kids to brag about what they are doing or try and look cool. A girl i used to work with posts statuses all day about getting high and getting wasted as if anyone really cares. If you are doing something worth knowing then cool post it. If your eating breakfast and then going to the gym...who really cares about that. The stuff that gets put up gets stupider and stupider...so i just stop looking.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I think its totally subjective to the user whether or not its "dying". I have slowly been using it less now that i have a full time job graduated college and have better things to worry about then what people are doing all day

Facebook is now a way for high school/ college kids to brag about what they are doing or try and look cool. A girl i used to work with posts statuses all day about getting high and getting wasted as if anyone really cares. If you are doing something worth knowing then cool post it. If your eating breakfast and then going to the gym...who really cares about that. The stuff that gets put up gets stupider and stupider...so i just stop looking.
cant stand this stuff

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I liked it better when it was just for colleges... when high schoolers get on, family members, and every inbox message is for some party not even in your town from some guy/girl you don't even know its time to keep it moving...

I remember when every inbox message was a girl saying that she'd seen me on campus or something and wanted to know what was up for the weekend... its a shame....
I don't go on much because I just use twitter to update instead.
you can sync your twitter/facebook/AIM/myspace status at da same time...makes everything ALOT more easier to manage

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

fb is more popular than ever. however it is lame and i only keep in touch with like 5 ppl on it.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

FB was 10x better when college kids only. Now you see parents and aunts on there requesting you stuff, not that I'm totally against it thought.

When I got on FB in 2004 it was fun, but now not so much.

Back
Top Bottom