Faces on the side of the milk carton: JAY ELECTRONICA EDIT: ROC NATION SIGNEE?!?!

so whats up with this wizard @%*@? first cudi talkin bout he's a wizard now jay is called elec one... are they takin this occult/mysticism stuff seriously or is it a metaphor? you DID hear jay elec talkin about prickin his finger when he signed the deal (a blood oath)... yeah i think jay is using this illuminati/satanic @%*@ just to cause controversy. rap is becoming rock music smh

"Catch me on the global warming tour with Jigga and Al Gore Performing dear summer where autumn went"

"Catch me on the global warming tour with Jigga and Al Gore Performing dear summer where autumn went"

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Guy is a clown.

Talkin' bout' "bringing Hip-Hop back".. What kind of example is Jay settin' for the up and coming artists?
30t6p3b.gif

uhhhh that you DON'T have to put out bs/lackluster material every other month just to keep a buzz... this is how the game was prior to lil wayne's OVER-saturation which is now the standard for every rapper. HE (wayne) $%%@%$ the game up with that !#%$. because of him %$*!+! gotta put out ALBUM material for free just to get a buzz.

on everything, rap fans have THE SHORTEST attention span and that's just terrible cause jay puts out QUALITY music... i could care less how long it takes as long as its quality product but i guess that's just me
30t6p3b.gif
This man Pusha C speaks the truth!

I would like to hear more from Jay Elec but if dude puts out a dope album who will care about the lack of material that he hasn't been putting out.  And I would rather not hear the oversaturation that we have in hip-hop right now.  I would prefer someone take their time and put out QUALITY music instead of banging out poor to average mixtapes every years.  SMH @ people here not caring about quality but quantity.  Dudes just don't get it.

Guy is a clown.

Talkin' bout' "bringing Hip-Hop back".. What kind of example is Jay settin' for the up and coming artists?
30t6p3b.gif

uhhhh that you DON'T have to put out bs/lackluster material every other month just to keep a buzz... this is how the game was prior to lil wayne's OVER-saturation which is now the standard for every rapper. HE (wayne) $%%@%$ the game up with that !#%$. because of him %$*!+! gotta put out ALBUM material for free just to get a buzz.

on everything, rap fans have THE SHORTEST attention span and that's just terrible cause jay puts out QUALITY music... i could care less how long it takes as long as its quality product but i guess that's just me
30t6p3b.gif

I would like to hear more from Jay Elec but if dude puts out a dope album who will care about the lack of material that he hasn't been putting out.  And I would rather not hear the oversaturation that we have in hip-hop right now.  I would prefer someone take their time and put out QUALITY music instead of banging out poor to average mixtapes every years.  SMH @ people here not caring about quality but quantity.  Dudes just don't get it.

Guy is a clown.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Guy is a clown.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

"I Never Got Shook Up By Talks Of Illuminati I’m from where #+%%@+ talk that talk then walk around the streets all day carrying heat like the human body"

"I Never Got Shook Up By Talks Of Illuminati I’m from where #+%%@+ talk that talk then walk around the streets all day carrying heat like the human body"

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

yo can someone tell me the point of these "front" labels such as bad boy, roc nation etc. I mean at the end of the day Jay is still owned by universal along with rhianna and others. There are only like 5 majors. 
Because the people at Big Machine dont know how to market Dirty Money and the people at Bad Boy dont know how to market Taylor Swift. Creating different factions makes it easier to appeal to different genres of music. Big Machine specializes in country. Bad Boy specializes in Urban music both are under Universal.
The Universals and Atlantics, serve as distributors/investors. They put trust in these "front labels" like Def jam, Bad Boy & Roc Nation to know what they are doing in order to make their money back. 

And Jay isnt owned by Universal he bought himself out. Roc Nation is under Atlantic I believe. And he has full creative control. Basically Live Nation was like we'll give you the money you know 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

yo can someone tell me the point of these "front" labels such as bad boy, roc nation etc. I mean at the end of the day Jay is still owned by universal along with rhianna and others. There are only like 5 majors. 
Because the people at Big Machine dont know how to market Dirty Money and the people at Bad Boy dont know how to market Taylor Swift. Creating different factions makes it easier to appeal to different genres of music. Big Machine specializes in country. Bad Boy specializes in Urban music both are under Universal.
The Universals and Atlantics, serve as distributors/investors. They put trust in these "front labels" like Def jam, Bad Boy & Roc Nation to know what they are doing in order to make their money back. 

And Jay isnt owned by Universal he bought himself out. Roc Nation is under Atlantic I believe. And he has full creative control. Basically Live Nation was like we'll give you the money you know 

Back
Top Bottom