Fact of Fiction: ATL is an Urban Cinema Classic.

I think it aged well and is also underrated. Never thought I would have liked it but was pleasantly surprised. Hard to believe it's over a decade old
eek.gif

"Well got damn Carl Lewis, where ya goin?"

Big Boi made this movie :smokin

Lottery Ticket rooftop scene some of the most unintentionally funny **** I have ever seen :lol:

It was just above average but, enjoyable nonetheless. Most classic movies aren't great to be honest, they're just enjoyable for what they are.

Fiction. My girl is from the A and she told me they don't even really be roller skate battling like that down there. Watching ATL you'd think that roller skating was the cornerstone of being a teenager.
Depending on the generation it's not not true skating being a fairly important part of your life. Cascade is still relatively popular, a lot of it is based on it's history in the city moreso than kids wanting to skate. But I remember years the skating ring where I grew up was crazy popular for a while. Had a lil "club" in the back for pre-teens and afterwards there'd always be a meeting cross the street at the QT and likely a fight or two.

Skating was big at one point, but when that movie came out it was a fad that passed

Last edited:
how did fresh measure up? not da early 90's movie..that joint wit da LA kids with da ASAP cameo...

Same. Wasn't feeling Dope at all and I was born in 87.

Yeah it was corny as hell, and the direction/theme seemed "confused". They had a "hip hop" theme and the kids wore "retro hip hop" clothing, but they were a damn rock band? lol wut.

baby boy is a classic, in too deep is just good.

yeah In too deep is from that era where they were putting out a ton of "urban" films. Lot of films from that era were good to decent but not everything was a classic. Like Dead Presidents was a good movie but many wouldnt call it a classic.

Back
Top Bottom