FANS NOT BUYING JAY Z BRAND

It goes both ways here. Dudes used to call NT "Hovtalk"
laugh.gif
Reminds me...who remembers Phillyhova?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

not to threadjack but why doesnt this charity argument get brought up in kanye threads? 
nerd.gif

:rofl:

Swear dudes argue just to argue

'A wiseman told me don't argue with fools, cuz people from a distance can't tell who is who' Jay

not to threadjack but why doesnt this charity argument get brought up in kanye threads? 
nerd.gif
Kanye doesn't talk about charity as much as jay z does.

Does kanye even have a charity.
fair enough, guess he's busy looking for answers

only memory i have of a kanye charity is when he spent a bunch of money to start his charity a few years back and it randomly shut down when reports leaked that none of the money actually went to charity 
laugh.gif

Ill say a...like 5. He's one of my influences, maybe the biggest. But unlike Martin, or Malcom or Hume or Jefferson, or Hamilton or Montesquieu or Tocqville or Hughes or Angelou or Smith or Plato or Pryor or Foxx or Paine or 3 stacks or Mos Def or Ye or the seemingly innumerable others I end up defending Jay cuz people are...willfully ignorant about anything beyond what the blogs/tv say. Never really gave the music a spin, but they know no black man from the good can ever do anything in this world.

Plus, most people probably don't know enough about history, politics or philosophy to make any statements about most of the others I posted.

But it's cool. Ill continue to listen to Jay, I bet people would be more gassed to see Jay than I was, he came to the town, had the money for tix...ain't even want to go...he's only a man, a man with some powerful words.

Kanye isn't in the same category as Jay-Z is, money-wise.

Jay-Z has reached tremendous success in nearly every category you can think of. Others will hate on Kanye's style, creativity, attitude etc. When you're talking about Jay-Z you automatically think about his pockets, which causes sodium levels to rise and dudes demanding handouts.

We don't think about his damn pockets. We think about what message and influence he's putting out, which seems to be diminishing album after album since The Black Album.

nerd.gif
Kanye isn't in the same category as Jay-Z is, money-wise.

Jay-Z has reached tremendous success in nearly every category you can think of. Others will hate on Kanye's style, creativity, attitude etc. When you're talking about Jay-Z you automatically think about his pockets, which causes sodium levels to rise and dudes demanding handouts.
so what's the cutoff point where one has enough money to start needing to start giving back (or at least have niketalk threads made about not giving back enough) 
nerd.gif

if jayz wasted his time crying on the radio every other day about not being accepted in the fashion world would we forget about his lack of giving back? 
nerd.gif

cant speak for jayz or anyone in his position but if i had money and people were mad that i wasnt giving back to the community it would only make me want to give back less.

charity is supposed to be a nice gesture not something that is expected 

if you find a way to use your talents to create a popular product and make millions off it then its your money and you can do whatever you want with it

cant speak for jayz or anyone in his position but if i had money and people were mad that i wasnt giving back to the community it would only make me want to give back less.

charity is supposed to be a nice gesture not something that is expected 

if you find a way to use your talents to create a popular product and make millions off it then its your money and you can do whatever you want with it
Its expected of him because alot of times when someone from that background comes up they try to give back. Alot of rappers try to and its great to see. Then there is Jay Z who is one of the most public people who hasn't given a dime and its why they question it.

Back
Top Bottom