FAT JOE SELLS 8,000 COPIES IN 3RD WEEK (WOWWW)

Starvin STAY goin' in
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Your a fool for saying Robert Horry isn't a legend... How many rings does dood have.

PLEASE bring this argument over to S&T....

Robert Horry ain't no legend...he looks like I am Legend, but that's as close as it gets....

indifferent.gif

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE REST OF THE 250K UNITS THAT FAT JOE MOVED ARE...

Let's start right there.

LOL He shudda threw wayne on sum more hooks 2 get em over that 100k mark but ehhh wat can u expect from joe besides a couple of hot joints

fat joe is more like john salley than robert horry imo. horry isn't a legend, but he was on good teams and he made some big time clutch shots to get histeams to the championship. salley was basically a bench player on good teams. he never did anything really pivotal or clutch to bring his team the title. sameway joe was on some good teams, but he didn't bang out any verses that put that team over the edge and make them great. he was just kinda there andfortunate to be surrounded by great talent. he coulda been replaced by any old average rapper and the TS and DITC and their albums would have been just asgood.

but that's just my opinion....

btw, Starvin and Ninja's post are HILARIOUS!!!! please keep goin
roll.gif

This thread is a testament to what hip hop has become....we're arguing about FAT JOE...seriously?

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

How you dissin Wale, he's on a major . . . You think if Interscope offered Fat Joe a deal he'd turn it down?? Talkin bout what has Wale proved, he JUST got a deal . . . What has Fat Joe proved?? That heart attacks don't run in his family?? I hope 50 just beats him into a coma so he will NEVER make another album as wack as Elephant In The Sand . . .

Fat Joe is TRASH . . . Just face it and stop with this Dr Phil *+!%%!@% . . . No one is telling you not to buy his album, go out and buy 500 copies like NinjaHood if that makes you feel better . . . Just don't feed me this "Fat Joe is a street artist . . He's hung around veterans . . ." Dude is trash, he'll do ANY record to get a check . . . Then you brought up Nick Cannon
laugh.gif
I wouldn't care if Gary Coleman was in that video, did you see them girls in there?? besides Laney, Who would turn that down??

No one is telling him not to rep Miami, not to hang out with Lil Bow Wow all we're saying is STOP RAPPING . . . You've proved your point . . . And if you're gonna continue rapping, atleast make a halfway decent album . . . Get a new ghostwriter

COLD BLOODED!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

NinjaHood, give it up, Fat Joe is TRASH b

We've gone over this time and time again . . . Lets argue about somethin else
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

he's not trash, that title belong to soulja boy.....and he's got good albums..if he was trash his career should've been over, but it isn't.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

he's not trash, that title belong to soulja boy.....and he's got good albums..if he was trash his career should've been over, but it isn't.

More than 1 person can be trash. and fat joe is trash.

hes not making good albums anymore (if you want to call his previous efforts good) and his career seems to be on its way out.

but it doesn't matter, there are brilliant rappers that aren't getting heard anyway. rapping is about talent, not networking and business sense.

there are brilliant rappers that aren't getting heard anyway. rapping is about talent, not networking and business sense.
Not always true. It should be about that, but we know better.

Alot of garbage rappers get records out because of their "networking and business sense". While alot of good ones never get heard because of theirlack of.

Case and point, the rapper being discussed.

Originally Posted by FWA III

he's not trash, that title belong to soulja boy.....
souljaboytellem.com > elephant in the room

real talk.

indifferent.gif
You bugging

I heart Champion Hood for standing up for what he likes, when I said Jay-Z was overrated and everybody attacked me left & right.

Fat Joe is not wack, i don't like all his albums(I do like his latest album) but he made good music in his career, he's still holding it down

How you said Jay was average and givin Fat Joe props . . . STOP it. You didn't like Black Album or AG but you liked Elephant In The Restroom??

Where are they finding these cats . . .

Originally Posted by mossman75

Fat Joe is not wack, i don't like all his albums(I do like his latest album) but he made good music in his career, he's still holding it down

indifferent.gif
what does that even mean?

I'm not really ANTI-FAT JOE, but when we have something as powerful as the radio playing only 40 songs over an over including crap from rappers likethis that don't even write their stuff, no longer have any identity... it gets me angry.

politics have him getting play from flex and heavy hitters and thats the MOST ANNOYING PART. these Djs dont know whats hot anymore, they just have to playhis stuff for favors.
tired.gif

This is one of the most entertaining threads I read in a while, props to Starvin Harlem and NinjaHood for engaging in an actual dialogue and putting thoughtinto their positions...

It seems that Starvin's distaste for Joe stems from 2 sources:
1. He sold out and follows trends
2. His music sucks

Based on this first reason, you should not like 50 who you're defending to the death, or BIG who I know you're very fond of and is in your avy. Youcannot tell me that 50 isn't following trends when he's got a Timbo-produced, Timberlake-featured song on his latest album as well as Robin Thicke, ajoint with Ciara, etc. This is not a far cry from GRODT? Curtis wasn't weak? C'mon man... Also, BIG even stated in an interview that he makes songsthat appeal to radio, ladies, etc. and that he will go with the trends so he doesn't become obsolete. He had like 10 R&B joints on LAD- R Kelly, 112,etc. as well as Bone. He went from slangin on the corner to Frank White after OB4CL, Reasonable Doubt, etc. BIG wasn't following trends? HE ADMITTED IT!Why don't you hate these dudes? I'll admit it wasn't to the same extent but Joe's been around for 15 years, BIG was around for 4 and 50 beenhere for like 5... Just be consistent my dude.

As for the second reason, I haven't listened to a Joe album since JOSE but I will say that there is worse music coming out than Joe's stuff (I think).He was never great to me but he's almost always tolerable and I usually like a few of the "street" joints off his albums although this"Crack" stuff has just gone way too far. But he's not making the worst music right now.

As for NinjaHood, I respect your loyalty to Joe but some of your arguments fam... I don't know. The dude with the Kevin Willis-Joe analogy was much moreaccurate than the Robert Horry-Joe analogy. When has Joe ever come thru in the clutch? He was probably the worst MC in DITC, he was decent in TS and now thisnew southern stuff... I'm not sure what to say. He's like that dude that can contribute 12 solid minutes off the bench but doesn't do anythingspectacular and is VERY rarely the x-factor. He comes out of retirement to hop on a squad hoping to win a ring...

Back
Top Bottom