Fat Joe The Darkside Album Snippets

eek.gif

fat joe is one of the most consistent dudes in the game i never understood the hate on em.

fat joe is one of the most consistent dudes in the game i never understood the hate on em.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

My only gripe was the direction he's been taking his music. Experimenting with that Southern sound(Streetrunners) and messing with Dj Khaled turned me off as a fan. I'm a fan of gritty boom bap FJ not "Make it Rain" FJ

Originally Posted by Al Audi

My only gripe was the direction he's been taking his music. Experimenting with that Southern sound(Streetrunners) and messing with Dj Khaled turned me off as a fan. I'm a fan of gritty boom bap FJ not "Make it Rain" FJ

^ I wouldn't classify Streetrunner under the south as far as sound. A lot of the $**@ he did for Joe was street $**@, it was Scott Storch & The Runners I'd say were responsible more for that sound Joe brought. But that's on Joe himself just reading on how he operates he'll run to producers asking them to make copies of whatever is big at the moment which for the past few years has been music from the south.

^ I wouldn't classify Streetrunner under the south as far as sound. A lot of the $**@ he did for Joe was street $**@, it was Scott Storch & The Runners I'd say were responsible more for that sound Joe brought. But that's on Joe himself just reading on how he operates he'll run to producers asking them to make copies of whatever is big at the moment which for the past few years has been music from the south.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

My bad. I meant to say The Runners. I see what you're saying and I understand its strategic business maneuvering by Joe, but as a fan I dont think it works for him.

My bad. I meant to say The Runners. I see what you're saying and I understand its strategic business maneuvering by Joe, but as a fan I dont think it works for him.

^ I agree, no where did I say it's right. His only REAL succesful song trying to do that was "Make It Rain"...

^ I agree, no where did I say it's right. His only REAL succesful song trying to do that was "Make It Rain"...

Originally Posted by solesavage

i dissagree....when done right, fat joe sounds hot on southern beats ala jadakiss...make it rain was really his ONLY reach to da south anyways..most of da stuff

that turn off his core was da lovey dovey "whats love" fat joe and even then

those albums ALWAYS had street bangers that you would hear remy ma freestyle over on a kayslay tape....

regardless im glad this album is gonna put him EXACLTY when duke needs to be..im glad if anything

that 50's power is weak enuff that it wont incite da playa hatin'....bout time fat joe started getting his respect..its been LONG over due.

i dissagree....when done right, fat joe sounds hot on southern beats ala jadakiss...make it rain was really his ONLY reach to da south anyways..most of da stuff

those albums ALWAYS had street bangers that you would hear remy ma freestyle over on a kayslay tape....

regardless im glad this album is gonna put him EXACLTY when duke needs to be..im glad if anything

that 50's power is weak enuff that it wont incite da playa hatin'....bout time fat joe started getting his respect..its been LONG over due.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Name one southern track where Joey comes hard? I'm not a fan of Joe on southern influenced tracks, so we can agree to disagree......I grew up during the DITC, boom bap era, and thats the Joe i'm used to ripping through raw beats.

bout time fat joe started getting his respect..its been LONG over due.

Slow it up papo, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Joe always creates a nice buzz before his albums drop. Once the lp drops, we'll see how it sounds.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Name one southern track where Joey comes hard? I'm not a fan of Joe on southern influenced tracks, so we can agree to disagree......I grew up during the DITC, boom bap era, and thats the Joe i'm used to ripping through raw beats.

bout time fat joe started getting his respect..its been LONG over due.

Slow it up papo, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Joe always creates a nice buzz before his albums drop. Once the lp drops, we'll see how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom