FAT Shaming

The next night, i find her curled up on the couch eating my buttered pecan. I'm like WTF, just yesterday she was talking how discussing it is and now she's trying to polish off my buttered pecan. I was pissed. I found it gluttonous and contradictory. It was clear she had no self control and would eating anything in sight. We talked it out and I have lost 10 lbs and she has lost 6 lbs

Bro...was this post serious? Sounds like a rather harsh reaction towards the woman you vowed to spend the rest of your life with over some butter pecan ice cream :lol:

I apologize if I missed the joke.

Bro...was this post serious? Sounds like a rather harsh reaction towards the woman you vowed to spend the rest of your life with over some butter pecan ice cream :lol:

I apologize if I missed the joke.
I am confused.

Two grown adults made a conscious decision to purchase ice cream.

One finishes and decides to eat the other person's ice cream without permission.

What is the issue with him being pissed off at her about this?

I am confused.

Two grown adults made a conscious decision to purchase ice cream.

One finishes and decides to eat the other person's ice cream without permission.

What is the issue with him being pissed off at her about this?

It’s his wife :lol: and a less than $20 tub of ice cream. If y’all are getting pissed at your significant others over some ice cream then more power to you.

It’s his wife :lol: and a less than $20 tub of ice cream. If y’all are getting pissed at your significant others over some ice cream then more power to you.
I disagree with it being his wife means he doesn't have the right to be pissed.

Humans get annoyed when they are wronged. Point blank. You can't tell him he SHOULDN'T get annoyed at her over that. Says who?

He bought what he wanted to eat what he wanted.

They bought 2 SEPARATE containers/flavors. She BASHED his flavor of ice cream.

So to find her eating it, yea, he should be pissed off.

Not seeing why he is being looked at as he did something wrong here.

But cool.

that halo top commercial is terrible
not only the enabling of unhealthy habits, but why they got this big girl dancing cause she has a pint of ice cream
and the old skinny neighbor looking at her in complete disgust :lol:

halo top is a solid alternative though
good macros

If it was a roommate or someone I didn't know, I'd be mad. But when I live with someone I care about, the fridge is community and no one owns any of it. Knowing me I woulda just teased her about it. But I can see how someone would get mad. I'm not married so I can't speak on all the little things that can bother married couples over time.

It reminds me of when I was young, my brother once punched a hole in a wall cause I ate his last frozen burrito. And then my parents punched a hole in him when they came home lol.

Humans get annoyed when they are wronged. Point blank. You can't tell him he SHOULDN'T get annoyed at her over that. Says who?

But cool.

But cool.

I never once said he didn't have the right to be pissed. In fact, I said more power to anyone if that is enough to piss them off. I simply said I personally felt that it was a rather harsh reaction.

Furthermore, in your post you said "annoyed" at one point, which again in my personal opinion, is different than pissed as I perceive it to be a lesser state of anger

I never said he did anything wrong. It clearly pissed him off and if this scenario would elicit a similar emotion from you or others in this thread off from your wife then so be it.

I was just inquiring about the sincerity of his post.

I never once said he didn't have the right to be pissed. In fact, I said more power to anyone if that is enough to piss them off. I simply said I personally felt that it was a rather harsh reaction.

Furthermore, in your post you said "annoyed" at one point, which again in my personal opinion, is different than pissed as I perceive it to be a lesser state of anger

I never said he did anything wrong. It clearly pissed him off and if this scenario would elicit a similar emotion from you or others in this thread off from your wife then so be it.

I was just inquiring about the sincerity of his post.

If you are questioning why he is responding in the manner in which he did, you ARE in fact insinuating that he overreacted. (Which indirectly says he should have handled things differently). BUt I see you want to have word-choice games. It is cool.

Man no, if we brought individual ice creams and you finished yours 1st, then started eating mine w/o asking then that’s gonna create a issue. This is a respect & boundary thing.

If it was a roommate or someone I didn't know, I'd be mad. But when I live with someone I care about, the fridge is community and no one owns any of it. Knowing me I woulda just teased her about it. But I can see how someone would get mad. I'm not married so I can't speak on all the little things that can bother married couples over time.

It reminds me of when I was young, my brother once punched a hole in a wall cause I ate his last frozen burrito. And then my parents punched a hole in him when they came home lol.
I think yall are missing the point that it wasn't simply and instance of "someone eating the last bit of ice cream."

Those two strategically selected two distinct flavors for their own preferences. Even went as far expressing how much they dislike eachother's flavor of choice.

So in THAT case, to find someone eating YOUR (yes it is still yours, married or not) ice cream, is just foul as hell on the wife's part.

Being married doesn't mean boundaries are deleted/non-existent.

If you are questioning why he is responding in the manner in which he did, you ARE in fact insinuating that he overreacted.

But cool.

I never said or insinuated that he overreacted. I plainly said I thought his reaction was rather harsh. I did not have complete information so perhaps there are details that I was missing which is why I questioned the sincerity.

Harsh =/= overreact.

Man no, if we brought individual ice creams and you finished yours 1st then started eating mine w/o asking then that’s gotta create a issue. This is a respect & boundary thing.
Right?! Get your own got damn can, i mean tub

I never said or insinuated that he overreacted. I plainly said I thought his reaction was rather harsh. I did not have complete information so perhaps there are details that I was missing which is why I questioned the sincerity.

Harsh =/= overreact.

1. unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.
"drenched in a harsh white neon light"

2. cruel or severe.
"a time of harsh military discipline"

So you are going to tell me calling a REACTION severe isn't synonymous with calling it an overreaction?

Yea I feel like homie is nipping a future problem in the bud. If she specifically said she doesn’t like butter pecan(which is already a red flag lol) and STILL ate it? Yea, you have to check that for multiple reasons.

marikomorose marikomorose DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican tr1ll tr1ll (easier to tag then quote :lol: )

If this is how you all feel then so be it. I guess my personal perspective is just jaded. I do not live a life where I would be pissed about a significant other or family member eating any food that was available in the refrigerator or pantry. I would simply order or buy more. It's not that deep to me but again that's just my perspective and who I am but I respect your opinions and emotions.

marikomorose marikomorose DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican tr1ll tr1ll (easier to tag then quote :lol: )

If this is how you all feel then so be it. I guess my personal perspective is just jaded. I do not live a life where I would be pissed about a significant other or family member eating any food that was available in the refrigerator or pantry. I would simply order or buy more. It's not that deep to me but again that's just my perspective and who I am but I respect your opinions and emotions.

Easy for us to say this in a vacuum.

We have no idea the mood, emotional toll of the day, or ebb/flow of the relationship.

Sure, on paper, I would think we all wouldn't trip THAT hard over it but we ALL "overreact" to things others view as petty.

I just feel like, much like people that complain about looters, the complaint should be directed at the person that committed the offense and not the person that responded to being offended.

His wife was DEAD wrong for that one. DEAD wrong man.

If the tables were turned, he would be all TYPES of inconsiderate dogs.

But when the woman does it, turn the cheek.

Hell nah.

I think yall are missing the point that it wasn't simply and instance of "someone eating the last bit of ice cream."

Those two strategically selected two distinct flavors for their own preferences. Even went as far expressing how much they dislike eachother's flavor of choice.

So in THAT case, to find someone eating YOUR (yes it is still yours, married or not) ice cream, is just foul as hell on the wife's part.

Being married doesn't mean boundaries are deleted/non-existent.
I would have just teased her about it. I find it funny more than anything tbh. And like I said, I can ALSO see why he would be mad. So how am I missing the point?

it's not the ice cream...of course that's not the actual problem
it's the principle

but if this is enough to really bother him, then there's def some underlying issues in the relationship we don't know about

The availability or sharing of food has never been a problem for me in a relationship, certainly not enough to piss me off, but I acknowledge that every relationship is unique. I wasn’t aware the refrigerator and pantry could breed such contempt amongst loved ones. Thank you for broadening my perspective.

but if this is enough to really bother him, then there's def some underlying issues in the relationship we don't know about

Agreed. I was hoping to maybe get context from the poster but it’s since been derailed.

his wife needs to ask permission?!!!

This.

havent really went through the thread but here's my thoughts on fat shaming

its wrong to bring up someone's weight unless you're a health professional and you see serious problems/symptoms.
(im not referring to the dermatologist. im talking about a general physician)

but its also wrong to glorify obesity and mask it as "self love"

self love is self betterment. if you truly love yourself, you would want whats best for you and your health.

Back
Top Bottom