FAT Shaming

Personally I am fatphobic.

I’m afraid of being fat. High blood pressure and diabetes run in my family.

I work out 5 days a week because of it and make myself drink plenty of water and eat fruits and vegetables every day.
Me when I’m out at a restaurant with family or friends and order a water rather than soda
1879AB46-5949-4621-BCF5-E584E4B78A03.jpeg

I definitely judge people who don’t drink water because “it has no taste.”

Forgot else where I saw this on NT (might have been here or you mentioned it in the food thread) but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard :lol: I switched to predominantly water 15 years ago and never looked back. I can't imagine folks who drink soda or other similar beverages the way I do water (multiple Liters per day) :sick: |l

Drinking soda habitually really isn't any different than habitual alcohol intake or hard drug use.

There's just no social stigma and there's a general lack of knowledge and education surrounding the negative affects.

You laugh but like I said, there's a general lack of knowledge and understanding.

What do you think is worse for you over a lifetime, drinking the U.S. average of 2.5 glasses of soda per day, or drinking the U.S. average of 4 alcoholic drinks per week?

Soda can't possibly be as harmful as other substances. /s

You laugh but like I said, there's a general lack of knowledge and understanding.

What do you think is worse for you over a lifetime, drinking the U.S. average of 2.5 glasses of soda per day, or drinking the U.S. average of 4 alcoholic drinks per week?

Soda can't possibly be as harmful as other substances. /s
I was laughing at you comparing soda to hard drugs.

I was laughing at you comparing soda to hard drugs.

I mean there are obvious parallels if you can get past the dogma that tells you that soda is acceptable, drugs are not.

Soda has zero nutritional value, triggers a massive dopamine response, and can be incredibly detrimental to health.

At least drugs like MDMA and psilocybin have valid medicinal and therapeutic use cases.

I mean there are obvious parallels if you can get past the dogma that tells you that soda is acceptable, drugs are not.

Soda has zero nutritional value, triggers a massive dopamine response, and can be incredibly detrimental to health.

At least drugs like MDMA and psilocybin have valid medicinal and therapeutic use cases.
You can’t go into psychosis or OD from cactus cooler :lol:

I was okay with it when homeboy compared 2.5 sodas per day to 4 drinks per week but when you start talmbout comps to hard drugs then it's going too far IMO :lol:

You can’t go into psychosis or OD from cactus cooler :lol:

True, and a can of Coke can't treat anxiety or depression. Obviously there's room for nuance, not all drugs are the same and usage matters.

I was just using the term hard drugs as a catch all to refer to additional substances beyond the accepted alcohol, nicotine, cannabis.

Habitually drinking excessive servings of soda is dopamine pursuit behavior that's very similar to responsible, recreational drug use is, it just doesn't carry a stigma.

What's really the difference between someone who binges on dopamine by drinking a liter of soda in a night playing video games, and someone who binges on dopamine by ingesting MDMA at a concert?

I hate when somebody fiending for a Pepsi breaks into my car and steals the radio...

Is there a backstory as to why the pitchforks are out for DJ Akademics or is fat shaming SZA not allowed?

Trying to garner sympathy for the chick is the real problem these days.

Aint nothing wrong with sympathize for her having to see dude be an absolute funboy. Talking **** about someone right next to you via text to someone else is some lame ****. Thats disrespectful, even if she did do it to herself. The flip side of that is, you don't know if shes working on it or not. Its not like they just touch a treadmill and lose 80 lbs.

Trying to garner sympathy for the chick is the real problem these days.

Story is from 2017 and I'm not buying it. Convenient blurry screenshot and the convo she candidly recorded after don't seem legit. She was probably just trying to get some buzz at that time and it didn't come for her. "Unidentified man" was probably just her BF cameraman:lol:

Cut back on soda in junior high and hardly ever touch it now. Always thought it was sus when the cups at fast food chains started getting bigger and bigger, maybe the only deflationary product I can think of. It really does cause all kinda health problems

Just got on the train (Amtrak) and joint is PACKED. Was waiting for someone to put their stuff away and the attendant says to me and a group of others “Follow me. I have 5 singles in the next car.” I’m in front and when we get to the open seats she points and says “Right there.” I look and it was a bluborous dude who was spilling over into the next seat. I hit her (and him) with the
1692368041192.gif

And say “I’ll take the next one.” Kept it pushing until we got to a frail dude who was basically cowering in da window seat while reading a book. Amtrak seats are big AF too. Husky folks wilding :smh:

I am at at least a 5-6yr low in my weight. Goal weight, super ambitiously, probably 40ish lbs away. Like if I hit 220 or so I am all time team **** a shirt. And I live in Oklahoma so there's still some time, probably be late Oct to early Nov before it is legit cold.

Joined the ymca and man that's a much different clientelle than the downtown commercial gym I go to. I don't think, at least consciously, I work out harder because there's so many scantily clad, uber fit women with their midrifts and booties showing in the latter gym compared to the Y which is mostly elderly upper and upper middle class-ers and a much higher % sausage fest, but maybe I do. Good thing is I can go to any Y including the 24 hr one so I can find where the baddies in Nike pro fit gear are

Back
Top Bottom